Proposal: Kings-Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Carter does those things too. He is as clutch as it gets, he creates offense, and he's a great backchecker. Carter averages 1:40 on the penalty kill on a team with a lot of great defensive players. Carter is 6'4. He's fast as hell. Add onto that the fact that at $5.27 million per year, he has arguably the best contract in the league. There's no way the Kings are trading him.

Gallagher is a good player, but Carter is a great one.

Well, isn't that what I've said ? Value is fair because Carter is obviously better than Gallagher is, talentwise. Though that's why Sergachev was included in the OP with Kempe on the other side. It balances the trade out.

I also don't understand where's all the anger and feeling of superiority coming from. Value is fine, unless Kempe is an elite prospect. Like many have said, it's the needs that are not met, at all.

While Carter is better than Gallagher, there are things Gallagher brings to the Canadiens that Kings' fans don't seem to be willing to admit. I've watched Carter plenty enough, as well as Gallagher, to say that Carter is no doubt the better player. He acts like a true leader and a big mentor for the younger Kings like Toffoli and Pearson. He's a big presence and carries the team during playoffs time. Like you say, he's a true clutch and a big backchecker, something many teams need.

That being said, even if talentwise, Carter is better than Gallagher, what Brendan Gallagher brings is not really mesurable by stats. It's more like a feeling running through the team to never give up. You know that main character in animes or cartoons most of the time that will just do everything to win every single game even though he has absolutely no chance of winning ? That's how Gallagher is on the ice. In that sense, Carter, being more mature and more experienced, is more collected and while being a leader, I don't see him having that youngster spirit as much anymore.

Every team in the NHL would want a Gallagher type of player. Surely though, every team in the NHL would take a Carter if they had the choice between the two. Again, to me, what makes it a fair deal is the two prospects added. Both teams decline anyway.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
hockey's future actually states that Sergachev is the human equivalent to Galvatron

81VrKg9.gif

Not quite that but a lot of experts think that Sergachev has the highest ceiling and may be the best D-man taken in that draft.That's enough for me.;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LOL. Carter was named to Canada again, ...

LOL Jake Muzzin was named to Team Canada and Letang left off of it. National team inclusion arguments are not a reference.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When he's 7 years younger and entering his prime... yes. Yes he does.

Yeah but that didn't apply when the Habs traded a 27 year old Subban for an almost 4 years older Weber on the other side of 30.

Bergevin can be easily had. Every GM has him on speed dial. :sarcasm:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LOL Jake Muzzin was named to Team Canada and Letang left off of it. National team inclusion arguments are not a reference.

I'm not sure what the quote/reference is, but it's more than inclusion, Carter played a significant role on Team Canada, being the top scoring forward and tied with the +/- lead. It's not like he was a token pick. He's that ****ing good and people are downplaying it.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

That's a lefty/righty thing though. Same reason righty Subban was left off. Canada is thin on the left side.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Muzzin is better than Subban or Letang, but he is probably better at playing the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad