Proposal: Kings-Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
he may handle the physical play but does he dish it out. King players must do both and the canadian games i saw (about 25 ) he seems a little soft in that area. La again is among if not the biggest team in the league they will not bring in smaller players especially 5 8 or 9 not happening I think toffoli and purcell is good enough top 6 wingers till Kempe is ready Gallagher is not needed especially at the expense of our number 2 center who they have no one to replace him Why cant montreal fans understand why kings pass at this offer

Did you not read the PS? Given both teams situations neither team makes the trade. I'm just pointing out that your assessment of Gallagher is wrong, by a mile.

I don't really care what other Hab fans have said of the other two LA players. IMO they are wrong and so are you. He was on Armstrongs radar for Team Canada for a reason and it wasn't for his dipsy doodling perimeter play.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Did you not read the PS? Given both teams situations neither team makes the trade. I'm just pointing out that your assessment of Gallagher is wrong, by a mile.

With the last line i was talking to the other montreal fans that can not understand why the kings wouldn't want the trade. If you read previous posts you ll see i was always say neither team would do it.

As for my assessment of Gallagher all i know is i have see him slow up and avoid contact where he would be expected to finish his checks in la. I will admit ii probably have not seen him play as much as you have As i mostly watch la games. However 25 or so games i seen he avoided a lot of physical play. Its not a knock against him Its just not his type of game not everyone can or does play it. However to play in la its a must. I have always referred to him as talented and i have nothing against him Hes just does not have a la type of game is all

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
With the last line i was talking to the other montreal fans that can not understand why the kings wouldn't want the trade. If you read previous posts you ll see i was always say neither team would do it.

As for my assessment of Gallagher all i know is i have see him slow up and avoid contact where he would be expected to finish his checks in la
. I will admit ii probably have not seen him play as much as you have As i mostly watch la games. However 25 or so games i seen he avoided a lot of physical play. Its not a knock against him Its just not his type of game not everyone can or does play it. However to play in la its a must. I have always referred to him as talented and i have nothing against him Hes just does not have a la type of game is all

:laugh::laugh: His assessment or his guesses?? :laugh::laugh:

Btw theres no way the kings wouldnt get considerably younger when they are offered such a generous offer.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
You have some stats to prove that, or is it just that nice feeling you get everytime you put those homer glasses on?

last 4 seasons

Player A GF60 2.95 GA60 2.16
Player B GF60 2.62 GA60 2.22

More goals are generated when player A is on the ice and less are given up. Player A is Gallagher and Player B is Carter.

Since he came into the league Gallagher has been the winger put with a Center to get them going as whatever line he is on will be the one generating offense. Subban who supposedly drove the Habs possession game and offense is a 55.9CF% player with Gallagher, and only 50.6% without Gallagher. Gallagher without subban is 52.9%. Together they had a 3.51GF60 over the last 4 years against a 2.35GA60. Subban without Gallagher is 2.42gF60 and 2.25 GA60. Gallagher is 2.57GF60 and 2.02GA60 without Subban.

Obviously they are better together but in both Goals scored/goals given up and Corsi Subban sees a much sharper drop off than Gallagher when they are apart.

As someone who has watched almost every Gallagher game, he is no 2 after price in terms of importance to the team. Would not trade him for Carter straight up.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

Btw theres no way the kings wouldnt get considerably younger when they are offered such a generous offer.

Think what you want it makes absolutely no sense for la to make this trade We lose our 2nd line center with no replacement at at all. We lose our best prospect . We gain a small forward who doesn't play a la style game and a defenseman who we have several already coming. WHat do you not understand on why the kings would pass.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Think what you want it makes absolutely no sense for la to make this trade We lose our 2nd line center with no replacement at at all. We lose our best prospect . We gain a small forward who doesn't play a la style game and a defenseman who we have several already coming. WHat do you not understand on why the kings would pass.

Actually he'd be the best and most 'LA style' winger you'd have. The fact you don't understand this is proof you never saw him play 25 times and you don't have a clue about his game. Carter is a better player no doubt but it doesn't take from your ignorance in this matter. You have have no clue on Brendan Gallaghers game. None. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

La would piss their pants if he became available.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

There is, they wouldn't accept this crap trade since it doesn't make sense for LA

oh wait I forgot to add all this **** to lower the tone

:amazed::sarcasm::shakehead:nod::nod::nod:;)::
:teach::whatever::whatever::teach2:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Actually he'd be the best and most 'LA style' winger you'd have. The fact you don't understand this is proof you never saw him play 25 times and you don't have a clue about his game. Carter is a better player no doubt but it doesn't take from your ignorance in this matter. You have have no clue on Brendan Gallaghers game. None. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

La would piss their pants if he became available.

You have little knowledge of la s game if you think hes fits our style better then Toffoli ( who is a better player by far) or even brown for that matter at least he hits The fact you state this makes me question your hockey knowledge I will end this with i will agree to disagree La has no need for a player under 6 foot.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What a ridiculous statement. It's arguable who's better at this stage of their careers. Even last season, Toffoli's best year, Gallagher had a better PPG.

the statement was made in reference to playing in la system. Overall I still think toffoli is better as la plays a ubar defensive system and toffoli is among the league leaders in pk goals. He is also better on the + - then gallagher This is only 4th season and has more points then him in two of them. Gallagher has 156 points in 260 games Toffoli 141 in 230 games I take toffoli and so would most people

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Brendan Gallagher is as productive as Carter is now, and a much more useful player in all other areas besides scoring. Carter sucks and is a perennial 60 pt player, Gallagher would have outscored him had he stayed healthy last year.

The rest of this trade I'm not even going to comment on, awful.

A huge **** no from LA. I get why Montreal doesn't do the trade either, Carter is too old for what they should be dong. But in terms of value LA gets absolutely hosed.

Hahahahah. Other way around.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Brendan Gallagher is as productive as Carter is now, and a much more useful player in all other areas besides scoring. Carter sucks and is a perennial 60 pt player, Gallagher would have outscored him had he stayed healthy last year.

Carter sucks and is a perennial 60 point player. But the guy who scores less every year is as productive as Carter.

So by your logic Gallagher sucks even more?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Yikes :help:

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
the statement was made in reference to playing in la system. Overall I still think toffoli is better as la plays a ubar defensive system and toffoli is among the league leaders in pk goals. He is also better on the + - then gallagher This is only 4th season and has more points then him in two of them. Gallagher has 156 points in 260 games Toffoli 141 in 230 games I take toffoli and so would most people

Toffoli's only been better in PPG once though. Until his hand injury, Gallagher was also headed for a career year of 30 goals and more than 60 pts. It was also Gallaghers 4th season. They're part of the same draft class and are the same age. They're career stats are very close.

Also Gallagher was given serious consideration for Team Canada. Toffoli as well from what I recall. They're pretty much in the same ballpark and it's very arguable who is better. Neither team would trade one for the other.

Habs play an uber defensive system as well. Not as well as the Kings obviously, but there is the same type of drag on offensive stats.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Nope most ppl would take the player that plays like Gallagher. They are in high demand around the NHL these days. And also they have similar ppg paces. So why would we do Gallagher vs Toffoli?? Makes no sense. He's the heart and soul of our team. And Gallagher also has better advanced numbers altho by not that much.
Oh yeah we also need Gallagher to pry Marchand in the offseason^^

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Toffoli's only been better in PPG once though. Until his hand injury, Gallagher was also headed for a career year of 30 goals and more than 60 pts. It was also Gallaghers 4th season. They're part of the same draft class and are the same age. They're career stats are very close.

Also Gallagher was given serious consideration for Team Canada. Toffoli as well from what I recall. They're pretty much in the same ballpark and it's very arguable who is better. Neither team would trade one for the other.

Habs play an uber defensive system as well. Not as well as the Kings obviously, but there is the same type of drag on offensive stats.

Toffoli is was being brought along slowly and had to learn the defensive side before he was put in offensive mins. He only started earning serious ice time last year. Before then he was only getting 3rd line mins (behind williams and brown) last year was his first full year of top six mins If im not mistaken Gallagher has been playing top six pretty much from the get go. Toffoli is one of the best pk players in the league Hes been better every year points wise.

Gallagher may or may not of hit the 30 goal mark Just because he was on pace for it doesn't mean anything till he does it to me. Any player can go thru a drought or a hot steak Its only wishing thinking hoping until he a fact he actually does it that its a fact .Sorry i think your trying to make him seem better then he is.

Both wingers were given consideration from what i read but there was some reason they didn't make it this time. My reaction was based on you saying Actually he'd be the best and most 'LA style' winger you'd have which is utter bs because its not true toffoli is better and has prove it

Yes i agree that montreal plays defensive but not as defensive as la which makes toffoli points more impressive imo. I would not think Gallagher points would translate on to the kings He wouldn't get the chance as he would have to prove to Sutter he could handle the defensive and physical side of the game the kings are designed to play.

Again im just saying the kings already have a top winger and have another one coming as fast as the end of the year (kempe) We dont need another especially at this price.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Toffoli is was being brought along slowly and had to learn the defensive side before he was put in offensive mins. He only started earning serious ice time last year. Before then he was only getting 3rd line mins (behind williams and brown) last year was his first full year of top six mins If im not mistaken Gallagher has been playing top six pretty much from the get go. Toffoli is one of the best pk players in the league Hes been better every year points wise.

Gallagher may or may not of hit the 30 goal mark Just because he was on pace for it doesn't mean anything till he does it to me. Any player can go thru a drought or a hot steak Its only wishing thinking hoping until he a fact he actually does it that its a fact .Sorry i think your trying to make him seem better then he is.

Both wingers were given consideration from what i read but there was some reason they didn't make it this time. My reaction was based on you saying Actually he'd be the best and most 'LA style' winger you'd have which is utter bs because its not true toffoli is better and has prove it

Yes i agree that montreal plays defensive but not as defensive as la which makes toffoli points more impressive imo. I would not think Gallagher points would translate on to the kings He wouldn't get the chance as he would have to prove to Sutter he could handle the defensive and physical side of the game the kings are designed to play.

Again im just saying the kings already have a top winger and have another one coming as fast as the end of the year (kempe) We dont need another especially at this price.

lol what a one sided argument. Anyways, explain me how Kempe is a top winger?? Drafted 29th and posting 28 points in 55 AHL games is no where close to being a top winger. Plz stay realistic.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Nope most ppl would take the player that plays like Gallagher. They are in high demand around the NHL these days. And also they have similar ppg paces. So why would we do Gallagher vs Toffoli?? Makes no sense. He's the heart and soul of our team. And Gallagher also has better advanced numbers altho by not that much.
Oh yeah we also need Gallagher to pry Marchand in the offseason^^

Again only way to prove it is to start a poll without the MOntreal fans and la fans voting to tell us the result. Also it depends on what type of team you want to have as to which player you would want If im trying to win 3-2 as the highest score and 1 -0 aka tight hockey i would take toffoli If im trying to 4 -3 or better Gallagher would be the choice. I also like a big physical team so toffoli is bigger then gallagher If you like speed and scoring some would take gallagher. I like the physical. I am only saying that i like big physical close checking hockey (aka playoff style) that is what made the kings successful of late. I think a smaller player like gallagher would be at risk of being injured trying to play it. As for your heart and soul I would say that the future of the kings is toffoli Hes going to be a star in la for a long time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Again only way to prove it is to start a poll without the MOntreal fans and la fans voting to tell us the result. Also it depends on what type of team you want to have as to which player you would want If im trying to win 3-2 as the highest score and 1 -0 aka tight hockey i would take toffoli If im trying to 4 -3 or better Gallagher would be the choice. I also like a big physical team so toffoli is bigger then gallagher If you like speed and scoring some would take gallagher. I like the physical. I am only saying that i like big physical close checking hockey (aka playoff style) that is what made the kings successful of late. I think a smaller player like gallagher would be at risk of being injured trying to play it. As for your heart and soul I would say that the future of the kings is toffoli Hes going to be a star in la for a long time.

Funny hearing some of that considering Gallagher plays harder than Tofolli.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
lol what a one sided argument. Anyways, explain me how Kempe is a top winger?? Drafted 29th and posting 28 points in 55 AHL games is no where close to being a top winger. Plz stay realistic.

How did zetterberg become a top player drafted in the 7th round 210 over all datsyuk had a top line nhl career drafted 6 round 181. Where you get drafted has little to do on how successful your nhl career is. He has been playing as a kid in mens league most of his career. He reminds me of toffoli ( who was drafted in the second round btw) Kempe was like all la player told to refine his defensive game. He is being brought along like toffoli and i expect after a good season in the ahl to get a call up by jan when gaborik gets hurt again. Watching him play he has the speed and shot to end up on Kopitars wing in the near future. Try watching a player play and judge him not on stats.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How did zetterberg become a top player drafted in the 7th round 210 over all datsyuk had a top line nhl career drafted 6 round 181. Where you get drafted has little to do on how successful your nhl career is. He has been playing as a kid in mens league most of his career. He reminds me of toffoli ( who was drafted in the second round btw) Kempe was like all la player told to refine his defensive game. He is being brought along like toffoli and i expect after a good season in the ahl to get a call up by jan when gaborik gets hurt again. Watching him play he has the speed and shot to end up on Kopitars wing in the near future. Try watching a player play and judge him not on stats.

By that logic, every single late pick is a top winger lol

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Funny hearing some of that considering Gallagher plays harder than Tofolli.

More like plays more mins then toffoli yeah i ll agree there Lets not forget Gallagher is playing a lot more mins then Toffoli

Gallagher

year avg toi pp toi
2013 14 15.58 2.26
2014 15 16.35 2.26
2015-16 16.35 2.56

Toffoli

Year avg toi pp toi
2013 14 12.56 1.34
2014-15 14.35 1.26
2015 16 17.19 2.05

So your player is getting more pp time and toi and still got out scored 2 time in 4 season (I will include the 10 game cup of coffee as a season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad