Proposal: Kings-Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
When talking about Carter and Gallagher using Lemieux and Gretzky as a reference just makes you look ...well you know.

and of course you didn't understand

of course

of course!

let me feed you

AGE and CAP are the new Gretzky & Lemieux

meaning AGE & CAP is more important that the actual quality of the player and what he brings to the table both statistically and all the intangibles

Bird_feeding_babies_is_that_healthy_or_just_gross.png

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Both teams say no The kings aren't trading either of carter or kempe and here is why.Carter plays in every situation pp pk and 5 on 5 and is our 2nd best center The kings have no one even close to replace him. Carter has proven he can score in a defense first system. Also Gallagher despite being a good young forward is too small to play la's type of physical game. Also Carter playing center is a more important position and holds more value to me.

Now Kempe vs Sergachev I wouldn't do it. Nothing against the defenseman but la has a lot of young defenseman coming and very few scoring forwards Its that simple folks La needs scoring forward more then young defense.

Also in general kings are in a cup window not looking to rebuild or get younger So montreal you can keep your players and we will keep ours everyone happy now ?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Boy! You Habs fans sure drive a hard bargain. So you want younger and cheaper salary, eh? FINE! Kempe for Gally straight up. I guess we'll take it if that is what you guys really want.

Last edited:

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Wait. Have I missed something? Fairly sure, Carter is one of the best 2nd line centers in the league and is on a bargain contract.
Why would we trade Carter?

member 88115

so wait. a 5ft 8, 40 point winger has more value than a 6ft 3, 60 point center.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Wait. Have I missed something? Fairly sure, Carter is one of the best 2nd line centers in the league and is on a bargain contract.
Why would we trade Carter?

Actually, the value ain't that far...
Both in the case of both teams, it's something of a "let's put a bandaid on the papercut regardless the possible open fracture that might result".

member 88115

When he's 7 years younger and entering his prime... yes. Yes he does.

So you think Tanner Pearson ( winger 36 point with potential) can bring in Toews (58 point Center last year and older + more expensive)?

yeah, does not add up huh

Last edited by a moderator:

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
So you think Tanner Pearson ( winger 36 point with potential) can bring in Toews (58 point Center last year and older + more expensive).

yeah, does not add up huh

Tanner Pearson can only hope to have Gallagher's ability. Gallagher outscored him in 25 less games this season.

And I know Toews is overated by some but please don't compare Carter to him.

member 88115

Tanner Pearson can only hope to have Gallagher's ability. Gallagher outscored him in 25 less games this season.

And I know Toews is overated by some but please don't compare Carter to him.

So you think Pearson can bring in Toews?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Gallagher already destroys Carter in everything not-scoring related.

Sure, as long as we disregard size, skating, defensive play, experience (2 cup rings with LA and a finalist with Philly) and importance of position. Just those minor things.

Gallagher is a better pest and has more syllables in his last name. Those are the only areas he's more impressive than Carter.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Carter 31 with a 5.2 mil cap hit .Gallagher 24 with a 3.7 cap hit.Let alone mentioned what they are paid.
Maybe i'll send you some of that amazing water. Looks like you could really use some.;)

Outside of rebuilding teams, there isn't a single GM who'd take the small, less productive winger with less defensive ability over the big, more productive, better skating 2 way center with strong playoff resume. Any GM would gladly pay the extra 1.5 mil.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
While the value is close now, in 1 year, the Kings beg the Habs to do this trade.

This not happening at all The kings are a big physical team No way in hell would they play a 5 9 player who isn't at least 6 foot and physical Sorry hes a good player for a different style of play but he would not be a player la would acquire sorry

member 88115

Gallagher is arguably a better player then Carter today.
Tanner Pearson will never in his wildest dreams be worth Toews jock.

Am I being clear enough?

That is how bias your post is.

Gallagher is no Bure. He never will be. Toffoli is twice the the player Gallagher is and i would have to add to Toffoli to bring in another Carter (if we needed one)

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
That is how bias your post is.

Gallagher is no Bure. He never will be. Toffoli is twice the the player Gallagher is and i would have to add to Toffoli to bring in another Carter (if we needed one)

Actually my post isn't bias at all.

I'm saying the difference between Gallagher and Carter is far smaller then Pearson and Toews. I don't think anyone beside a few kings fans would argue that.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Gallagher is arguably a better player then Carter today.
Tanner Pearson will never in his wildest dreams be worth Toews jock.

Am I being clear enough?

I bet if u poll hf board and ask them who is better you would be surprised at the results Take out the homer votes of the la fan and canadian fans and i would bet its 80% carter

How come your boy did not make team canada and carter did After all the best players are supposed to be in this tournament. I guess the gm of team canada agrees with me that carter is better

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I bet if u poll hf board and ask them who is better you would be surprised at the results Take out the homer votes of the la fan and canadian fans and i would bet its 80% carter

How come your boy did not make team canada and carter did After all the best players are supposed to be in this tournament. I guess the gm of team canada agrees with me that carter is better

By that logic I guess Weber is better then Subban.

member 88115

Actually my post isn't bias at all.

I'm saying the difference between Gallagher and Carter is far smaller then Pearson and Toews. I don't think anyone beside a few kings fans would argue that.
It actually is

I used different names with out any personal attachments to Montreal and that is how far off we see it. Point stands, it would take a lot bring in a solid Center. Let alone for a small winger who has yet to outscore our big center who get 2nd line minutes on a Super Defensive Darryl Sutter Team

Gallagher would be hard pressed to duplicate the numbers he puts in Montreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad