Proposal: Kings-Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Yep some habs fans need to take off there homer glasses.

Value wise, this trade isn't far off.

Carter > Gallagher
Sergachev>Kempe

While Carter and Kempe are two very interesting players, Habs need Sergachev more than any of them.

Gallagher is the catalyst of the team. I can't see the team without him.

No from a habs POV and probably a no from LA fans also.

By far the best post in the thread... Seems like a lot of Habs fans haven't seen Jeff Carter play enough. He's definitely older than Gallagher, who still have lots of room for improvement. But Carter's the type of player you need in a contending team to go for the Cup. He's no superstar, but he's that guy who shows up when it matters most and can be a total game changer.

Meanwhile, LA Kings fans don't seem to have seen Gallagher play much. Sure if you compare stats, Carter looks by far superior. But Gallagher has played a heck lot with what terrible top 6 we've had over the years. Not only that, you need to be watching Gallagher to really see what he brings to a team. He's just that type of player that gives his complete all to the game, wether it's a routine shift or a crucial moment of the game. Add to that his annoying determination in front of the net despite his size.

I have to agree with Benstheman here, value is not that far off. Sergachev is a high potential defenseman who could be NHL ready very soon.

But as Kings fans stated, they don't make this deal because they are still contenders. Their core is in prime years. Personally, I can't really see Gallagher fitting the Kings' system either. He's not big enough, as big of a heart he has, to be playing the rough slower pace of the Kings. He'd burn out fast. Kings are that team that can carry on the long runs. They don't have impressive offensive numbers, they are built more around an endurance team that will tire the opponent out.

As Habs, we decline as well simply because we have an absolute need of players like Sergachev and Gallagher in the future, as important as Carter would be.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
:help: really didn't think it was necessary to point out the numerous number of top pick failure s to prove the other side but sense you seem to think i need to Try Daigle stephen Lawton etc need i go on.

oh so bcuz top picks happen to bust out but some players like Z and Datsyuk pan out as superstars lets already claim Kempe who has done nothing in the NHL and was pretty bad (as a top line winger) in the AHL as a future top line winger ?????? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:help::help::help::help:

So let me try, Hudon, McCarron, Sherback, Lehkonen, Vjerdermo, Reway and so on are all gonna be top line wingers. You know why??? Cuz they play like MTL wants them to and because they were late picks. Look at Zettebeg, Pacs, Datsyuk, Gaudreau, Stone and so on as proof. :laugh::laugh:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
oh so bcuz top picks happen to bust out but some players like Z and Datsyuk pan out as superstars lets already claim Kempe who has done nothing in the NHL and was pretty bad (as a top line winger) in the AHL as a future top line winger ?????? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So let me try, Hudon, McCarron, Sherback, Lehkonen, Vjerdermo, Reway and so on are all gonna be top line wingers. You know why??? Cuz they play like MTL wants them to and because they were late picks. Look at Zettebeg, Pacs, Datsyuk, Gaudreau, Stone and so on as proof. :laugh::laugh:

Have you seen Kempe play or are you just basing your opinion on stats I suggest you watch a few games and come back to me. The kid already has a nhl shot and speed He needs to polish his defensive side which is what he will do in the ahl. I wish i could save this and in a few years when he is playing with kopitar come back and see what you have to say However that would mean i really cared about a fh board posters opinion of a player he knows nothing about which i dont However when he does prove you wrong I would hope to get a i was wrong post or email I however doubt this will happen.

Oh btw i love how you conveniently left out the 8 points in 7 games in the world jr tournament (playing against players his own age) and the 11 point in14 games in sweden last year talk about cherry picking numbers lol

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Have you seen Kempe play or are you just basing your opinion on stats I suggest you watch a few games and come back to me. The kid already has a nhl shot and speed He needs to polish his defensive side which is what he will do in the ahl. I wish i could save this and in a few years when he is playing with kopitar come back and see what you have to say However that would mean i really cared about a fh board posters opinion of a player he knows nothing about which i dont However when he does prove you wrong I would hope to get a i was wrong post or email I however doubt this will happen.

Alright then those habs prospects are top line wingers. Come back to me when they are.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007

As a 19 YO he was the youngest player drafted in his draft year

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
With regards to Carter vs Gallagher (Assuming we're still talking about that): I take Gallagher every day, twice on Sundays

-He's 24 years young vs Carter's 31
-He's paid 3.75m for the next eternity
-He produces ES points at a rate similar to Carter (2.01 vs Carter's 2.04 pts/60 since Gallagher came into the league in 2012-13)
-He's a stronger positive contributor to his team's ES shot differential (+5.7 SF% RelTM vs Carter's 1.1, since 2013)
-Gallagher's advantage in the shot differential translates directly in his stronger ES GF% RelTM (+7.0 for Gallagher, -1.1 for Carter, again, since 2012-13)

He's really one of the NHL's (somehow) best kept secrets. He's absurdly effective at what he does, and is a top-10 RW in the game today

I can't speak on Sergachev vs Kempe, not gonna pretend like I watch or care about prospects, but I will say this: Trading Sergachev leaves a very lonely Noah Juulsen atop the defensive prospect totem pole, and I don't think the organization would be comfortable with that

member 88115

Nope most ppl would take the player that plays like Gallagher. They are in high demand around the NHL these days. And also they have similar ppg paces. So why would we do Gallagher vs Toffoli?? Makes no sense. He's the heart and soul of our team. And Gallagher also has better advanced numbers altho by not that much.
Oh yeah we also need Gallagher to pry Marchand in the offseason^^
Marchand, did you not say on Gaudruea/Pacioretty thread the Habs can't acquire another small player?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Marchand, did you not say on Gaudruea/Pacioretty thread the Habs can't acquire another small player?

They cant acquire small players that play small. Marchand might be small, but he plays big. The habs would love Gallagher 2.0 on their team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sure if you compare stats, Carter looks by far superior. But Gallagher has played a heck lot with what terrible top 6 we've had over the years. Not only that, you need to be watching Gallagher to really see what he brings to a team. He's just that type of player that gives his complete all to the game, wether it's a routine shift or a crucial moment of the game. Add to that his annoying determination in front of the net despite his size.

Carter does those things too. He is as clutch as it gets, he creates offense, and he's a great backchecker. Carter averages 1:40 on the penalty kill on a team with a lot of great defensive players. Carter is 6'4. He's fast as hell. Add onto that the fact that at $5.27 million per year, he has arguably the best contract in the league. There's no way the Kings are trading him.

Gallagher is a good player, but Carter is a great one.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Holy crap. I understand being ignorant about protects or young players in the league, but a player who's been in the NHL for over a decade and competed in June three times? Watch some hockey please.

You just need to understand that the habs wont do Gallagher for Carter and that we have more than enough of those Kempe type of prospects.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
You just need to understand that the habs wont do Gallagher for Carter and that we have more than enough of those Kempe type of prospects.

You just need to understand that Gallagher isn't at the same level as Carter is now, nice player, but less important to the Kings who are getting too thin at center.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I feel like we're just being trolled about how bad Jeff Carter is. I refuse to believe that Canadian fans are missing out on a guy that has played major roles FOR TEAM CANADA and deep into June multiple times.

Neither team does this trade because while the Kings would love Gallagher and the Habs would love Carter moving those guys opens other critical holes. The difference in age doesn't match either teams' plans. Both guys are more valuable to their teams than to other teams in general imo, too.

Dunno why all the other crazy anger, it just seems like a trade whose value would be roughly balanced by adding a pick in either direction, but one that doesn't make sense. I.e. the value is alright, but the needs aren't met.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I feel like we're just being trolled about how bad Jeff Carter is. I refuse to believe that Canadian fans are missing out on a guy that has played major roles FOR TEAM CANADA and deep into June multiple times.

Neither team does this trade because while the Kings would love Gallagher and the Habs would love Carter moving those guys opens other critical holes. The difference in age doesn't match either teams' plans. Both guys are more valuable to their teams than to other teams in general imo, too.

Dunno why all the other crazy anger, it just seems like a trade whose value would be roughly balanced by adding a pick in either direction, but one that doesn't make sense. I.e. the value is alright, but the needs aren't met.
:laugh::laugh: lol you lost all credibility. You make it seem like Gallagher=Carter for their respective teams but then you say the value is good? lol since when have top 10 picks gone so worthless??

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
:laugh::laugh: lol you lost all credibility. You make it seem like Gallagher=Carter for their respective teams but then you say the value is good? lol since when have top 10 picks gone so worthless??
Who said a top 10 pick has gone worthless?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I ACTUALLY said the value is alright and could be balanced somehow with a pick, but it's also really not worth getting as worked up as you are about it.

But that's hard to tell when you have a myopic focus on only one part of my post. Try reading the rest or just don't respond.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I ACTUALLY said the value is alright and could be balanced somehow with a pick, but it's also really not worth getting as worked up as you are about it.

But that's hard to tell when you have a myopic focus on only one part of my post. Try reading the rest or just don't respond.

:laugh: You thought a polite, thought out response was going to be received differently on the trade boards?

It's too bad MTL doesn't have the pieces to pick up someone like Carter. A good top 6 C and getting Price back next year would set them up nicely for a playoff run.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

lol i made sure to highlight that part :laugh::laugh:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
hockey's future actually states that Sergachev is the human equivalent to Galvatron

81VrKg9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad