Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I'd say we call him Jesus or God in 2-3 years ;)

Better clear that with the Minnesotans beforehand. ;)

But, is 'the Terminator' already taken? Because 'TT' will turn into 'T2' in no time, and neither quite rolls out from the tongue leading the announcers to adopt the Terminator.

Of course most awesome would be of they took into calling him 'TT-nen' and pronounce it like just the not-uncommon Finnish last name 'Tiitinen'. Mertaranta would have a field day talking about shots leaving from Tiitiäinen's story wood and goalies being put on Tiitinen's list for the years to come.

Last edited:

TeddyFay*

I wonder how long his name will remain on the "Prospects" scroll at the top of the BlackHawks title page. Saad and Shaw's names are still there:handclap::laugh:

Pleased to see that Brandon Saad is no longer a prospect, but Brandon Pirri and Antti Raanta are
:handclap::yo::handclap:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Better clear that with the Minnesotans beforehand. ;)

But, is 'the Terminator' already taken? Because 'TT' will turn into 'T2' in no time, and neither quite rolls out from the tongue leading the announcers to adopt the Terminator.

Of course most awesome would be of they took into calling him 'TT-nen' and pronounce it like just the not-uncommon Finnish last name 'Tiitinen'. Mertaranta would have a field day talking about shots leaving from Tiitiäinen's story wood and goalies being put on Tiitinen's list for the years to come.

I love the Idea of Terminator :laugh:

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
When Q throws out a Kane, TT and Versteeg line , which he will. It can be called the smurf line.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
He outscored them last year as well.

Yes he did. Teräväinen, Armia and Markus Granlund put up huge points in the relegation round against Germany and Slovakia, while Russia, Canada, USA and Sweden were playing for the medals. Quite an accomplishment.

AmishRenegade

Jul 20, 2006
Niagara Falls
Yes he did. Teräväinen, Armia and Markus Granlund put up huge points in the relegation round against Germany and Slovakia, while Russia, Canada, USA and Sweden were playing for the medals. Quite an accomplishment.

He seemed to do alright without the help of Armia and Granlund in this years tournament.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
What's with all the negative Finns here? Teuvo is ready and he will make an impact, he's too skilled to fail. I'll be excited to watch him. Sooner or later he will be a star player

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What's with all the negative Finns here? Teuvo is ready and he will make an impact, he's too skilled to fail. I'll be excited to watch him. Sooner or later he will be a star player

His floor is a rich man's Verteeg, his ceiling is a poor man's Kane.

Get. On. A. Plane.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
WOW you've got high expectations, based on 2 pre season games because that Finnish league success often doesn't carry across the water.

I'm assuming you are spooked by me saying his ceiling is poor mans Kane.

Let's take the names out of it. I think his floor is a 40 point scorer and his ceiling is a 75 pt scorer.

Don't think that's unreasonable.

Edit: also look at HF ratings system. He's an 8.0C which means he's a first line player who could drop 2 levels to a 3rd line player. That fits right into my floor/ceiling.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I expect his first NA game will be the 28th against Grand Rapids.

Rockford plays 3 games in three nights... How he looks will determine what happens next.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
I just can't make myself get so excited over Teuvo. I won't let myself have really high expectations for him at all.

Though I did see how he played in preseason as well as in the world juniors and he was a sight to see.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
TT Watch: Chicago-bound, Call-up Time TBD

Teravainen Chicago-bound -- call-up TBD

Scott Powers:

Chicago Blackhawks forward prospect Teuvo Teravainen is scheduled to arrive in Chicago from Finland by end of the week, but it’s still undetermined whether he’ll join the team prior to the playoffs, a source said Wednesday.

The 19-year-old Teravainen, who is considered the organization’s top prospect, became a possibility for the Blackhawks this season after his team, Jokerit, was eliminated from the playoffs in the Liiga in Finland on Sunday.

Teravainen, who is 5-foot-11, 169 pounds, finished tied for sixth in the Liiga with 44 regular-season points. He had nine goals and 35 assists in 49 games. He recorded points in 17 of his last 20 regular-season games. He also helped Finland to the gold medal in the World Junior Championship in January by recording 15 points in seven games.

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman and coach Joel Quenneville recently said Teravainen could join the Blackhawks this season. The Blackhawks currently do not have enough cap space to call up Teravainen.

By bringing him to Chicago this week, Teravainen will be able to adjust to the time difference and be ready if the Blackhawks can find a way to add him to their team prior to the playoffs. Teams are not restricted by the salary cap during the playoffs.

Teravainen participated in the Blackhawks’ training camp and played two preseason games for them this season before returning to Finland.

Bowman hasn’t been shy about building up hype for Teravainen since selecting him as the No. 18 overall pick in the 2012.

“We're really looking forward to having him in a Blackhawks uniform at some point because he's a special player," Bowman said at the Blackhawks prospect camp in July. "I think he's going to electrify fans for a long time."

Bowman recently said Teravainen wouldn’t have to deal with high expectations if he played this season.

"So I think the nice thing for us with Teuvo is we don't need to rely on him, even if he does come over," Bowman said on March 1. “He's not going to be the focal point of our team. I think at that age you have to be careful you don't put your expectations too high.

"He's just going to be another player if he comes in. But he certainly has the talent to be able to play with high-end players here. We're not counting on anything, but if it works out, it would be a great addition.”

Teravainen could fit in with the Blackhawks as their second-line center. The Blackhawks have tried a number of players in that position alongside right winger Patrick Kane throughout the season.

Quenneville said Sunday he thought it was possible for Teravainen to step in and contribute to the Blackhawks in the postseason.

“I think it’s happened before,” said Quenneville, though he couldn’t immediately recall such a situation. “But whether you have some kids coming out of junior and can help your organization ... you know, young guys that this time of year can give you a little bit of jump, as well.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4680946/teravainen-chicago-bound-call-up-tbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad