Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
WOW you've got high expectations, based on 2 pre season games because that Finnish league success often doesn't carry across the water.

Yeah, but when it does it's nothing short of epic. I'll just say "Teukka". ;)

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I totally expect Teuvo to get crushed in his first game. He is not physically ready to start playing in the NHL immediately. I hope I am wrong...

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I totally expect Teuvo to get crushed in his first game. He is not physically ready to start playing in the NHL immediately. I hope I am wrong...

I seem to remember the exact same things being said about another small skilled forward for the Hawks. Can't quite put my finger on who it was. Must have been because he only played a game or two before being crushed and never seeing the NHL again.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
I seem to remember the exact same things being said about another small skilled forward for the Hawks. Can't quite put my finger on who it was. Must have been because he only played a game or two before being crushed and never seeing the NHL again.

How could you forget Tony Salmelainen? Dale Tallon's reactionary signing to the new NHL.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Who will they send down and risk losing on waivers to fit TT under the cap?

Isn't Rundblad still waiver protected? Thats what I thought, at least. If he is he'll probably be the one to see AHL time--seeing as Q isn't really liking what he's seen so far.

Theres also Regin, as he's scratched every time he scores a goal so thats another Hawk Q doesn't seem to be keen on. I couldn't imagine them taking a risk on anyone else

Biff Tannen

Mar 12, 2013
Hill Valley
Pessimism seems to be in the veins of a Finnish hockey fan. I wouldn't say it's a totally negative thing, more like "prepare for the worst and expect nothing more, and only then one might be pleasantly surprised".

Granlund was about the same size as T2 is now when he jumped into the NA league. For a reference. He'll do just fine if the confidence level is OK.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Yeah I think if we waive someone it's prob Regin or Rundblad. Great to hear he's on his way though.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
They are going to need to send down an annual salary of at least $875k. Brookbank or Rundblad + Regin would do it

I believe Rundblad is not waiver exempt because he played professionally the year he signed his first NHL contract

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
They are going to need to send down an annual salary of at least $875k. Brookbank or Rundblad + Regin would do it

I believe Rundblad is not waiver exempt because he played professionally the year he signed his first NHL contract

If Rundblad really isn't waiver exempt, we have to send Brookbank down. Why give up a 2nd for nothing...?

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Rundblad probably is worse than Brookbank. You have to send Rundblad down. Even if it means you wasted a 2nd.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Why are all these Finns - who never post on the Hawks board - coming here just to spread doom about Teuvo?

I think there's a thread about him on the prospects board, too!

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
You can't give Rundblad away a few weeks after giving up a 2nd for him. If that is the only option - then TT should wait til next season.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Speaking of Runblad, what the heck happened to him? He was touted as a second coming of Lidstrom and now he is piece of crap?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When Kane came many including me said he would get crushed in the nil..never happened...besides in the WJHC it was said TT was 185 lbs...so obviously he had put on weight/muscle over from when he was drafted..lots of rulers at 5'11 185....and he is still young...they will juice him up over the summer..but for mow I think he is bigger than Kane in weight when Kane first started on the nil..I am not worried...The only thong is..I do not think home and Kane on the same line is a good idea..that is too small for not getting pushed around on the boards.. But Kane doesn't fit the cycling style power game when Toes is most effective with Hossa and Saad....Kane to line #3 or you call Man's line #2 and TT and Sharp will be on line #3...does not matter what you number the lines..only that they mesh. . SAAD TOEWS HOSSA
SHARP TT VERSTEEG
BICkELL REGIN KANE
BOLLIG KRUGER SMITH

...this would give 3 scoring line threats...as we all know when Kane really wants it. ..he doesn't need anyone else to "help" him..he can score or create by himself.he ought to help any line when he brings his A game..the criticism of Kane on his 2nd half slump is that he is off his mission form..not wanting it bad enough often enough...would not matter who plays with him..when he gets disinterested and off his top form...there is no one who can help him but HIMSELF...so saying TT as 2C will be the catalyst to ignite Kane is wrong..TT ought to be the set-up centre to ignite Sharp the sniper on more one-timer goals..Kane can do his.own thing by starring on line 3.. Or if that hurts Kane's ego,then call his line #2 and the TT line #3...

Dishtank

Apr 5, 2010
When Kane came many including me said he would get crushed in the nil..never happened...besides in the WJHC it was said TT was 185 lbs...so obviously he had put on weight/muscle over from when he was drafted..lots of rulers at 5'11 185....and he is still young...they will juice him up over the summer..but for mow I think he is bigger than Kane in weight when Kane first started on the nil..I am not worried...The only thong is..I do not think home and Kane on the same line is a good idea..that is too small for not getting pushed around on the boards.. But Kane doesn't fit the cycling style power game when Toes is most effective with Hossa and Saad....Kane to line #3 or you call Man's line #2 and TT and Sharp will be on line #3...does not matter what you number the lines..only that they mesh. . SAAD TOEWS HOSSA
SHARP TT VERSTEEG
BICkELL REGIN KANE
BOLLIG KRUGER SMITH

...this would give 3 scoring line threats...as we all know when Kane really wants it. ..he doesn't need anyone else to "help" him..he can score or create by himself.he ought to help any line when he brings his A game..the criticism of Kane on his 2nd half slump is that he is off his mission form..not wanting it bad enough often enough...would not matter who plays with him..when he gets disinterested and off his top form...there is no one who can help him but HIMSELF...so saying TT as 2C will be the catalyst to ignite Kane is wrong..TT ought to be the set-up centre to ignite Sharp the sniper on more one-timer goals..Kane can do his.own thing by starring on line 3.. Or if that hurts Kane's ego,then call his line #2 and the TT line #3...

So we waive Shaw? No

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I honestly don't believe TT will be playing any regular season games with the Hawks unless someone gets injured.

Regin isn't enough, and they aren't waiving Brookbank or Rundblad.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Just a hypothetical, if Rundblad gets injured in practice, could the Hawks retroactively put him on LTIR back to the last game he played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad