Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry but we already gave him.his nickname. .TT.. TV is stupid..TIVO is too close to his first name only..so it shall remInded TT...case closed..the fans. ..and I believe I speak for most of them over here on this board..insist that we keep referring to him as TT.. And if the marketing dept and his agent are smart..that monkey should stick to him. It has all the cachet, ease and alliteration AND recognition amid all the clutter of sports stars to IDENTIFY him...IMMEDIATELY..TV is confusing. .no meaning as to whether a television or a sports star..nope..it must remain TT And a great career will follow on that instant recognition short-cut of his first and last name..we all know who the reference attaches to...no confusion..it is perfect. So keep it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of course Q will probably call him TeTer or Teuvsy or some other cute nickname..and we fans shall hate it as much as Taser or Kane or Sharper or whatever the sycophants in the marketing dept. come up with in agreement to 's awful nicknames for his guys..but we fans want to stick with TT..that is how we called him from the getgo..and as I said it is not cute..but very appropriate..and perfect simple and non confusing. But our marketing dept. Will probably ruin it...alas.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
TT, Tivo, maybe even Terror. Quite frankly I don't care just get him on a plane and over here asap.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I suggest you look at the stats of following players: Mikael Granlund, Sami Vatanen, Ville Leino, Janne Pesonen, Jarkko Immonen, Petri Kontiola, the list goes on and on. You might get some idea of how trustworthy that "a point a game in FEL equals 0,5PPG in the NHL" theory is.

Really seems you've seen too many Silver medal games, not to mention bronze. You cannot really compare these players due a) age difference b) different seasons c) different teams d) whatever else. Nobody's looking for an entire list of finns who've actually made a game in the NHL.

TT was standing on a pile of dirt the whole season. Only towards the end (after the coach changed) you could see what he really was capable off and rather obviously Chicago's staff also saw the same.

The Hawks fans are propably already tired of this and eventhough I agree about this "paving a pillars to heaven" atmosphire (when it could potentially collapse) isn't entirely a good idea, when your talking of a 19yo talent taking first steps on a small surface. You should atleast give it a little break and see what happens. Nothing worse than broken old record. Not to mention bashing your country isn't exactly good pr for other finns here.

BULKinen

Mar 21, 2013
The KHL has sucked all the talent out of Finland, which means that nowadays the FEL is basically a load of rubbish.

A team (JYP) from this rubbish-league won the European Trophy tournament. I don't care if we lose a few players to KHL. Finland is finally producing talented young players again so we can replace them. Besides, many of the players that go to KHL come back to FEL after a few years like Juhamatti Aaltonen and Jani Tuppurainen.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Man, you Fins really like to haze on your own.

We let our guards slip with that one kid and he goes on to throw lacrosse goals and whatnot. Can't have that. They start thinking things.

ReillyO

Feb 18, 2014
Of course Q will probably call him TeTer or Teuvsy or some other cute nickname..and we fans shall hate it as much as Taser or Kane or Sharper or whatever the sycophants in the marketing dept. come up with in agreement to 's awful nicknames for his guys..but we fans want to stick with TT..that is how we called him from the getgo..and as I said it is not cute..but very appropriate..and perfect simple and non confusing. But our marketing dept. Will probably ruin it...alas.

They're hockey bros. I'm pretty sure they come up with the nicknames themselves.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
TT has a bad nickname... Fire Bowman? He should've drafted a guy with a potentially better nickname. Idiot.

...fire Q while we're at it

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 56m
If CHI gets Teuvo Teravainen (still needs FIN to approve transfer/sign NHL contract), don't be surprised if he starts in Rockford (AHL).

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 55m
As good as TT is, or will be, he's just a kid. CHI doesn't want him burdened with ridiculous expectations. Also, no cap room at this time.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 53m
Starting in AHL would allow him to adjust w/o too much pressure. Could be called up for playoffs (1 of 4 recalls) when cap no longer applies

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 49m
Actually, check that, Teravainen already signed to NHL deal. So release is current hurdle. Will know more Tuesday but odds are he's coming.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Who knows what he'll put up this year but I think he will be a factor. I'm pretty excited to see him work on the PP.

I think power play is the one area where he might do well in the NHL right from the get-go. It's the 5-on-5 I'm more cynical about.

I don't care if we lose a few players to KHL.

There have been 37 Finns in the KHL this season. If you think that's "a few", then we understand the meaning of "a few" a bit differently.

Besides, many of the players that go to KHL come back to FEL after a few years like Juhamatti Aaltonen and Jani Tuppurainen.

Jani Tuppurainen was thrown out of the KHL because he didn't produce, and Juhamatti Aaltonen had to play this season in Finland against his will because of a contract dispute with Traktor Chelyabinsk:
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2013111817735105_jk.shtml

Last edited:

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Umm. OK. I have at least been to Finland.

What do you mean by "at least"?

Teuvo should not really be compared with past Finnish players but his peers. At the WJC against future NHL players his age he dominated.

That's true, and he outscored players like Alex Galchenyuk, Hampus Lindholm, Morgan Rielly, Mikhail Grigorenko, Tomas Hertl, Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Olli Määttä, Seth Jones, Sean Monahan and Valeri Nichuskin by miles in that tournament. Even players like Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos weren't able to score one single point in the World Juniors as 19-year-olds, so in that respect Teräväinen is superior compared to many players.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Let's keep the conversation focused on Teravainen and his million potential nicknames, not about non-hockey related national stuff.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The player TT reminds me of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Although not as accomplished and not as heralded as RNH, they have some similarities. They're basically the same size with RNH maybe an inch taller but both having slender builds and around 170-175lbs. They skate very much alike, not only in style where they both skate with their head up but also speed/agility where neither would be considered fast but both have good agility and are shifty. They both have good vision and passing skills and are more pass first although both have decent wristers.

The similarities stop though when considering the situation they come into. RNH was the #1 and started right away for a bad team that didn't have a lot of complimentary players for him to play with. Consequently he didn't get a lot of sheltered minutes. He was mostly successful on the PP when he had more space/time to use his skills. But he lost 20 games in is rookie year to injury, and a handful of games last season too. The legitimate question was raised whether he got injured because he wasn't phyically ready to take the pounding.

Conversely, TT comes into a much better situation. He will not be one of the focal points for opposing teams and Q will be able to give him a bigger percentage of sheltered minutes than RNH got. But, he is still going to get hit and a guy like Kronwall and dozens of others will be licking their chops to get a shot at Mr. Euro Hotshot. But that's going to be the case whether it's this season or next. I hope he gets some games in this season and we see enough flashes to whet our appetite to see him fulltime next season.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
TT is going to be a stud for a long time, and even with growing pains, he is a serious upgrade on Handzus. Handzus and zero goals and two assists his last 23 games. Surely, with his playmaking ability, TT can at least have a few more apples than that with the elite forwards he could potentially be paired with. I am looking forward to his arrival.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What do you mean by "at least"?

That's true, and he outscored players like Alex Galchenyuk, Hampus Lindholm, Morgan Rielly, Mikhail Grigorenko, Tomas Hertl, Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Olli Määttä, Seth Jones, Sean Monahan and Valeri Nichuskin by miles in that tournament. Even players like Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos weren't able to score one single point in the World Juniors as 19-year-olds, so in that respect Teräväinen is superior compared to many players.

He outscored them last year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad