Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Well if TT steps in directly for Chicago and if Saad is still out I wouldn't mind seeing him at wing for awhile.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Bowman "no 8th dman"
Bowman 24 hours later "Love Rundsblad"

They're going to have to waive Brookbank to get under the cap to have Teuvo play in the regular season. The 8D is only temporary. HOPEFULLY Brookbank's recent increased playing time is showcasing him so someone picks him up on the waiver wire.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
He was in the minors at one point. He played 6 games in the AHL this season.

Rundblad's first NHL game was in the 2011-12 season. He has 3 years or 138 games of waiver exemption. It hasn't been 3 years and he isn't close to the 138 games played threshold.

He played in a professional league after he signed his contract in 10-11. That makes him waiver ineligible for this year and he is on a one way contract.

SLarmer28*

Definitely. Bowman and McDonough too. Make SLarmer28 head coach, GM, and President and CEO.

Chicago will repeat as champs for the next decade.
McDonough is an idiot. Stan Bowman as General Manager.

"Iron" Mike Keenan as head coach. No more slackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
On European standards Jokerit is one of the most professional teams in Europe.

Not. One of the best resources available, but catastrophically mismanaged. Kekäläinen was well on his way to changing that but after he left a year ago, it didn't take too long for it all to fall apart.

On topic, TT isn't even remotely physically ready for the NHL. He was easily taken out of the game in the Finnish league by the best teams/players. He needs conditioning, either in AHL and/or a summer of off-ice training (the kind the Granlund brothers did last summer).

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Teuvo, good luck in the NHL! Finns seems not to believe in him. Maybe he is not quite ready but he deserves a chance.

Finns like to see their hyped players fail for some reason, but once they succeed they waste no time to jump on the bandwagon. It's weird.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Finns like to see their hyped players fail for some reason, but once they succeed they waste no time to jump on the bandwagon. It's weird.

Haha yeah we've become so pessimistic during the past decade(s) there's almost no limit to it. Eventough Teuvo's physical side is a bit of a question mark for the jump I don't think for a second he'd struggle as much as Granlund did.
Exciting times... Only hoping I'd get to see his first game!

hokijanari

Feb 4, 2013
Absolutely not the case. We're just being realistic. I would love to see Teuvo succeed right of the bat. But I highly doubt it. He just isn't ready jet. Teräväinen's case is a lot similar to Granlund's. Small playmaking centerman. Teuvo needs time to adjust to the NA style of game, like Granlund did. A year, maybe two in Rockford and a couple of hardworking summers and he will be ready. And then he's going to be fantastic.

Muhkea

Dec 31, 2011
Oulu
I probably belong to the realistic/pessimistic group of Finns and have very cautious expectations of him this season.

But, one huge thing he has done already, and it was completely obliterating the world juniors being the captain of an underdog team. That was the only gold Finland has won in 16 years. I can't claim for sure that he can't possibly play at that great level in the NHL if he gets hot. When you have something meaningful to play for, you typically are able to get 100% performance much easier. Obviously playing for Jokerit was also important, but I'm pretty sure playing for a team with such bad team spirit makes it harder to give all you've got in every game. Play for a great team and you fight for every puck in every shift. That was also the case in the WJC in winter.

Show us what you've got. Finns coming to the NHL isn't unrealistic anymore like it was three years ago.

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
I think this is will be a great test of Q's coaching ability. I would actually like to see TT play in Chicago and not Rockford. If Q can give him some sheltered minutes to gain confidence I can see him adapting to the NHL game enough to be a contributor on a stacked team before the end of the regular season. As much as I want to see him skate with Kane, if he sees ice time it would probably benefit him more to be out there with a few of our two way stars.

saskatoon84

Feb 28, 2010
Well I wish him well in NHL, but to be realistic during this season I don't expect him to be much better than Granlund was last year. He has the skill, but I don't think he's physically good enough for top 6 role in NHL. I hope Teuvo proves me wrong :)

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Chicago uses the Towes line as its shut down line, I doubt you see Kane playing with Toews unless Chicago trails.

10/19/23
29/28/88 (Could 28 be the 2nd line center? has looked great in limited time)
20/TT/81
52/16/65 or 26

Gives Hawks most balance, protects TT w great D forwards...who can fly/score...
you can flip 10 and 29 if you like...

But Smith has looked really good in 2 games w/Kane on 2nd...

Nothingman*

In a cap world, you can't firm up everything you want with perfect players.

Get used to it.

You obviously did not read any of my posts at trade deadline, etc. when some were pining for a 2C and I would remind them of the CAP and movements necessary. I am well aware. Go crawl back in your hole.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Zero expectations for Teuvo. If he plays well that's great, if not, then he obviously needs some more time to get acclimated to the North American game.

I don't know why that Goldmember dude and so many Finns are coming in here dumping on him. He's clearly got a lot of talent, let's just watch him play before we evaluate anything yeah?

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Finns like to see their hyped players fail for some reason

Or could it be that we've seen Teräväinen play this past season more than Chicago fans have, and that's why we have a more realistic view of him? I didn't have the same kind of doubts of Barkov making the jump straight from the Finnish league to the NHL, but that's because he's a completely different player than Granlund and Teräväinen.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
But, one huge thing he has done already, and it was completely obliterating the world juniors being the captain of an underdog team.

As I already said: the level of play at the World Juniors is way inferior to the WC for men, and Granlund had already proven himself at that level before he left for America.

The "true hockey connoisseurs" often like to hype the World Juniors in Finland and belittle the men's tournament, because the best players don't participate in the men's tournament. What they forget is that the best 18- and 19-year-olds in the world don't take part in the World Juniors either.

BTW: Raimo Helminen scored 24 points in the World Juniors once, a record that was broken years later by Peter Forsberg. Ever heard of Raimo or his NHL career?

Finns coming to the NHL isn't unrealistic anymore like it was three years ago.

I think Aleksander Barkov is the only young Finn for a long long time who has made the jump straight from the Finnish league to the NHL, and I hope you're not trying to say you can compare him to Teräväinen.

I don't know why that Goldmember dude and so many Finns are coming in here dumping on him.

Because we've actually seen him play.

Last edited:

Muhkea

Dec 31, 2011
Oulu
As I already said: the level of play at the World Juniors is way inferior to the WC for men, and Granlund had already proven himself at that level before he left for America.

The "true hockey connoisseurs" often like to hype the World Juniors in Finland and belittle the men's tournament, because the best players don't participate in the men's tournament. What they forget is that the best 18- and 19-year-olds in the world don't take part in the World Juniors either.

BTW: Raimo Helminen scored 24 points in the World Juniors once, a record that was broken years later by Peter Forsberg. Ever heard of Raimo or his NHL career?

I know you said that, but for most players the WJC's are one of the first important tournaments in their careers. All the players give their everything and it shows lots of courage to handle the pressure and being able to lead your team to victory. I think the overall quality of WC's is better, but on the other hand many NHL players come there just to have a vacation unlike the WJC's where players show more heart. And where did I even compare him to Granlund?

Raimo is one of the best Finnish hockey players ever, and in my opinion it shows ignorance to say he's not one just because he didn't have a successful NHL career. He suffered from injuries especially early in his career, but based on his talent alone, he could have been one of the best NHL players Finland has ever had.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Raimo is one of the best Finnish hockey players ever, and in my opinion it shows ignorance to say he's not one just because he didn't have a successful NHL career.

From a personal viewpoint as an Ilves fan, he's my favorite hockey player ever, but with such an underwhelming NHL career he's not really even close to the TOP-10 of Finns all-time.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I think Aleksander Barkov is the only young Finn for a long long time who has made the jump straight from the Finnish league to the NHL, and I hope you're not trying to say you can compare him to Teräväinen.

Because we've actually seen him play.

That you have. But on the other side of the coin - you know next to nothing about North American hockey, and more specifically - the Chicago Blackhawks. When he joins arguably the best hockey team in the world, he will have a chance to slide in unnoticed and do some good things that maybe he wasn't able to do when he was the focus of the opponents in Finland. In the end - none of us know how he will do here.

I agree with Hot Fuss...I have no expectations of him right away (or even next year). If he pleasantly surprises us, then that would be great.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
That you have. But on the other side of the coin - you know next to nothing about North American hockey, and more specifically - the Chicago Blackhawks.

I find it a bit demeaning when you say I know "next to nothing" about North American hockey, as I do watch about 100 NHL games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad