Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011
I honestly don't believe TT will be playing any regular season games with the Hawks unless someone gets injured.

Regin isn't enough, and they aren't waiving Brookbank or Rundblad.

Sadly, I think this is true. Bowman really need to pick up Runblad a defenseman of which he to know Q would never play.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Sadly, I think this is true. Bowman really need to pick up Runblad a defenseman of which he to know Q would never play.

I didn't get the timing of the Rundblad pickup. I find it difficult to believe that trade wouldn't still be there in June.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Doing quick math waiving Regin with about 7 games left would do it would it not? He is a UFA and no great loss if he's picked up. TT could play 4 or 5 games in Rockford in the meantime.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
The 23 man roster limit is only active until the Trade Deadline. After that, it's just a cap limit.

And the Hawks can only take an annual salary of $50k. Since no one actually fits that scenario, they have to waive someone, if the want TT to play in the regular season.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
And the Hawks can only take an annual salary of $50k. Since no one actually fits that scenario, they have to waive someone, if the want TT to play in the regular season.

The salary is pro-rated. Which is why Regin's cap hit is 375k.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I retract my statement. Also, I did think everyone was like zomg 23 man limit at first.

CapGeek @capgeek
Follow

2/2 The answer is, according to our cap estimates, they can't, not without someone joining Nikolai Khabibulin on LTIR or a demotion.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rundblad trade made no sense then and makes no sense now

Throwing away a perfectly good 2nd round pick was brutal enough ,, Blocking our best prospect from NHL experience just makes it even more brutal

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Isn't he difference between TT and Regin's salary about 50,000 over about 7 games???? Wouldn't that work??

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Good, cuz I was ready to clue you in on how off base it all was :laugh:

EDIT: Unless this was just about the Regin thing, because then I may still have work to do.

Nah, pretty much everything.

I thought people were talking about roster limits so I wanted to come in and be smarty pants.

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Pessimism seems to be in the veins of a Finnish hockey fan. I wouldn't say it's a totally negative thing, more like "prepare for the worst and expect nothing more, and only then one might be pleasantly surprised".

Granlund was about the same size as T2 is now when he jumped into the NA league. For a reference. He'll do just fine if the confidence level is OK.
But last year Granlund did not do just fine. He looked slow and weak and needed that one summer to bulk up. Not sure though how good comparison is this in the first place because TT is a lot better skater, so maybe he can avoid the physical play more.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
He was 7th in Lüga scoring playing for one of the worst teams that is not even in playoffs

Jokerit was above .500. That's far from "one of the worst teams". Or actually they were one of the eight worst teams in a 14 team league in the regular season. That's like saying NY Rangers are one of the worst teams in the NHL.

Yeah, but when it does it's nothing short of epic. I'll just say "Teukka". ;)

There has been one player in the history of Finnish hockey who's been able to produce at NHL level before turning 20: Aleksander Barkov. Jari Kurri, Teemu Selänne, Teppo Numminen, Jere Lehtinen, Saku Koivu or Olli Jokinen didn't do it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Rundblad trade made no sense then and makes no sense now

Throwing away a perfectly good 2nd round pick was brutal enough ,, Blocking our best prospect from NHL experience just makes it even more brutal

Even if the Hawks didn't acquire Rundblad, we still wouldn't be able to fit TT under the cap. Rundblad only makes 775k, TT makes 925k.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The only option that would work in bringing TT up would be sending Brookbank down. and with Roz hurt they will not do that for sure. If Roz gets healthy and TT (in AHL) and Runbland play well maybe you do it and more then likely lose Brookbank. The other option is only bringing him up for the playoffs which they can do without waving anyone. Bowman should have sent Kostka or Brookbank down instead of Stanton and 2 weeks ago he should not have traded for Runbland till the summer (I assume they had another offer and the hawks had to pull the trigger). Seems like he has made mutiple mistakes on the 8th D man this year.

Either way get him to Rockford and get him used to the Rink size and see how he does. If he is only doing OK it does not matter. Rockford plays in CHI fri and at home SAT then plays the following FRI,SAT,SUN, Any chance he gets in tomorrow and plays in Rosemont of FRI? If he did that the hawks would have 6 games left and they would have 3/31-4/2 MON,TUES,WED off to practice. playing on THURS 4/3.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Even if the Hawks didn't acquire Rundblad, we still wouldn't be able to fit TT under the cap. Rundblad only makes 775k, TT makes 925k.

Rather then try and guess, I'm going to assume that Hawks management have looked at a multitude of possibilities if TT is to get a look before the PO's... and that a "what if/then" plan is in place, depending on how TT plays in RFD among other contingencies, and with a healthy line-up or otherwise. At least they had better not be winging it.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Don't forget this is almost the same thing we went through when Kruger came over( w/o the cap problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad