Kerfoot is killing me...

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The only logical explanation I have for his elevated usage lately, is that they want him on the scoresheet and feeling good about his game heading into the playoffs - because he will be playing, even if it's lower in the lineup.

To be fair, he gets a couple of really good looks every single night, and if he keeps getting them one will absolutely go in here soon. At that point, maybe he feels better about himself/his game/his season and you can utilize him in the playoffs.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The only logical explanation I have for his elevated usage lately, is that they want him on the scoresheet and feeling good about his game heading into the playoffs - because he will be playing, even if it's lower in the lineup.

To be fair, he gets a couple of really good looks every single night, and if he keeps getting them one will absolutely go in here soon. At that point, maybe he feels better about himself/his game/his season and you can utilize him in the playoffs.
Or Keefe is pissed that Dubas kept Kerfoot to keep Matthews and co happy. Now Keefe is making them live with the consequences (until the post season).

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
The shame of this team is neverending. Kerfoot's clown-like performance is karma for Dubas cucking Kadri. Has he learned his lesson? No, see the Sandin trade for proof.

Reactions: Koolboss

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
If you already like Kerfoot at $3.5m, you're gonna love him when Dubas gives him a raise this summer.

lolol.gif

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I watch all the games. I just don't have blinders on.

No he won't, and he shouldn't.

So let's break it down so I understand. My grades
1. Skating D
2. Passing C-
3. Shooting C
4. IQ F
5. Big bodied B
6. Stick checking ability. F
If I'm missing something please add it but where would you disagree?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Or Keefe is pissed that Dubas kept Kerfoot to keep Matthews and co happy. Now Keefe is making them live with the consequences (until the post season).
Keefe has posters of Kerfoot in his bedroom. Highly unlikely M&M wants to carry a plug

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Matthews and Marner are very skilled hockey players. Even they can't make Kerfoot a first line winger. I'm pro drugs, but Keefe needs testing.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I like to try and view situations with this team, including ones I don't like/agree with, through the lens of common sense & logic.

Which is why I suggested what I said.

Your idea is just silly, with all due respect.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
The issue isn't that Kerfoot can't fit in the top 6 forwards, he simply isn't talented enough or bring an element to the game required to ride shotgun with top talent. The issue is that he is a warm body who doesn't provide any value (at a cap hit of $3.5M) playing in the bottom 6 of the lineup and once again doesn't contain an element to his game that is needed.

Kerfoot is the player he is, not his fault. Fault is squarely on the mismanagement of this team that doesn't recognize or understand that Kerfoot is a square peg when the team need to plug a hole in the lineup.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
So let's break it down so I understand. My grades
1. Skating D
2. Passing C-
3. Shooting C
4. IQ F
5. Big bodied B
6. Stick checking ability. F
If I'm missing something please add it but where would you disagree?
With all due respect, you're missing a Holl thread to post in.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe when Schenn returns maybe we can play 10/8. If Kerfoot was the forward who sat. I just might consider it. :)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
That between the legs pass to Edmonton when we were defending a 2 goal lead in the dying minutes was a thing of beauty. Exactly the kind of plays he needs to be trying to make in our own zone.

Reactions: TakeTheBody

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This guy has same number of goals (7) as Kampf and two more assists for almost 3x the cap hit. Somebody is going to get a bargain next year.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
This guy has same number of goals (7) as Kampf and two more assists for almost 3x the cap hit. Somebody is going to get a bargain next year.

He got 50 points last year, somebody would have given him 4.5-5 if he kept it up, but no. Last year he made mistakes but mostly balanced it out, he wasn’t a non factor like Simmonds, an occasional factor like Spezza or an even guy but also detriment in a crucial moments like Holl, but he was there.

Only the maybe tenth game I’ve been able to watch this year and that between the legs pass was heinous.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I see everyone still hates him, but I think he has looked a lot better recently and is generating a lot more chances.

I've liked him a lot more recently. I think he is going to get pushed down the lineup with ROR and Knies joining the team close to the playoffs, but his game has looked a lot better recently, and could be a reliable player in the bottom 6 with a little bit of a scoring touch come playoffs.

Reactions: banks

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Kerfoot is a guy who is responsible defensively and can generate an scoring chance now and then, he's a good fit for the third line who can move up to the second line in a pinch. Bad as Bunting has been there at times is no way Kerfoot is a preference in the #1 slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad