Kerfoot is killing me...

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Really like Kerfoot as a person and wish him the best but I’m really glad we only have 12 regular season games left to go and probably 7 playoff games until we don’t have to watch Kerfoot in a Leafs jersey.
We should be so lucky. Kerplunk and Holl extended. Trade away someone useful instead.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Watching Alex Kerfoot play hockey boils my blood. If he’s in the lineup over Knies come playoff time, I’m going to snap.

Whatever the expectations are of Knies, he has to be a better option than 5’10” 180lbs 1 goal in 34 games Alex Kerfoot. Quite literally the only player over the last 7 years to not produce while playing alongside Matthews & Marner. Absolute garbage.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Still can't wrap my head around this guy still being on the team after the deadline. Seemed like such an obvious move since were changing the complexion of the forward group anyway with ROR, Lafferty and Aciari. 7 goals in 70 games when he regularly gets shots with the top-6 is hilariously bad.

Why the actual f*** did we not sell high on this guy after last year. Unbelievable he actually managed 51 points, did management think he was going to replicate it or something? I swear it's because Dubas needs to keep something from the Kadri trade.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
and remember..Dubas paid extra in picks to keep him on the team (3rd team brokers) vs dumping him to fit other deals in. A waste of 3.5m in cap space.

Reactions: LeafSteel

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Apart from the goal he was hit pretty hard on a turn back play and got right back up and laid a hit seconds later. He is a battler and the type that will show up when we need him.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Alex Kerfoot takes too much grief here, he's not a terrible player. It's the contract and an all time low 6.4% shooting avg. this year, compared to his 12.2% career avg. that is killing him.

He's a complimentary, jack of all trades master of none, useful forward.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
If I were in charge, I would have moved him at the deadline. If that couldn’t be done, I’d literally waive him for nothing and send him to the AHL assuming nobody claimed him.

I’d also only keep Holl around as a black ace for playoffs. All his minutes would be given to Lilly to develop him and also because he’s a better player.

Holl and Kerfoot both desperately need to go. I think they can have some success elsewhere as depth players but there’s a logjam on the blue line Holl doesn’t deserve to be on and there’s better forwards than kerfoot who is horrible to watch.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Kerfoot is super underrated... he does a lot of good things and will likely be 3LW or 4LW come playoff time.

I am really happy with that as a fan, he may not be flashy, but he is fast, pressures well, is good defensively, and adds a little bit of offense.

We can either spread out the talent and Kerfoot can play somewhere as a complimentary player in the top 9 or stack the top 6 and have Kerfoot playing with other defensive players who can occasionally chip in.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hopefully once the playoffs start Kerfoot is buried on the fourth line.

Jarnkrok Matthews Marner
Tavares O'Reilly Nylander
Bunting Acciari Lafferty
Kerfoot/Knies Kampf ZAR

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Does anyone agree with that?
I wouldn't have cared if they had moved both but if you had to pick one to keep it's Kerfoot all day.
For all his warts at least he plays with a pulse.
Agreed. I'd take Kerf over Engvall 10 times out of 10. I'm glad that's how things ended up.

Reactions: ACC1224

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Watching Alex Kerfoot play hockey boils my blood. If he’s in the lineup over Knies come playoff time, I’m going to snap.

Whatever the expectations are of Knies, he has to be a better option than 5’10” 180lbs 1 goal in 34 games Alex Kerfoot. Quite literally the only player over the last 7 years to not produce while playing alongside Matthews & Marner. Absolute garbage.
You are living in a fantasy land if you think a rookie out of the NCAA can step into the league in April and be better than Kerfoot.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Still can't wrap my head around this guy still being on the team after the deadline. Seemed like such an obvious move since were changing the complexion of the forward group anyway with ROR, Lafferty and Aciari. 7 goals in 70 games when he regularly gets shots with the top-6 is hilariously bad.

Why the actual f*** did we not sell high on this guy after last year. Unbelievable he actually managed 51 points, did management think he was going to replicate it or something? I swear it's because Dubas needs to keep something from the Kadri trade.
I'm sure Dubas had discussions but didn't like the offers. Better to keep him and ride out the string rather then be a forward short.

Kerfoot is at least a veteran player who is versatile and defensively responsible. I would have liked to have seen him replaced but at least Engvall found a new home and getting a First for Sandin was excellent.

Here is the one caveat, if he can find his touch and be the Kerfoot of last year it is akin to a trade.dealine pick up because he has been quiet all season.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
That Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot trade is bordering on Rask for Raycroft level bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad