Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Lets keep the discussion on Guhle in this thread, there are other related threads if you want to discussion previous Habs drafting decisions

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I can see why Julien likes him. He could become a shutdown defenseman that plays 25 minutes a game. I don't see him on the pp at the pro level despite what seems to be a pretty good shot.

It'll be interesting to see him play against the US. They have some pretty good scorers.

Reactions: Doc5

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's good news but he really needs to play, I'd hate to see an 18 year old kid in the press box. If they send him to Laval there needs to be an understanding with Bouchard and co. that he will get at least 6th Dman minutes.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I can see why Julien likes him. He could become a shutdown defenseman that plays 25 minutes a game. I don't see him on the pp at the pro level despite what seems to be a pretty good shot.

It'll be interesting to see him play against the US. They have some pretty good scorers.

I think every coach love him, he's the type of player coach love

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
if they sent Juulsen down and he clears,

Olofsson Brook
Leskinen Juulsen
Guhle Fleury

would not want to dump the puck into either corner when that Guhle Fleury pairing is on the ice.
I could see that as you ease him in but Guhle probably jumps up ahead of Leskinen and Olofsson in about 5 games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I could see that as you ease him in but Guhle probably jumps up ahead of Leskinen and Olofsson in about 5 games.

very unlikely as 18 year olds in the AHL often struggle but Olofsson is a solid AHLer so it would take some really great play to supplant him. Leskinen is shaky and turns the puck over too much but he's got some solid offense, maybe he could leap him but you don't want to put too much pressure on the kid.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
if they sent Juulsen down and he clears,

Olofsson Brook
Leskinen Juulsen
Guhle Fleury

would not want to dump the puck into either corner when that Guhle Fleury pairing is on the ice.
I’d pencil Guhle in next to Brook on the first pair.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I’d pencil Guhle in next to Brook on the first pair.

i've never seen a 19 year old in the AHL for us do well, no way would I put him on the top pairing, just way too much to ask of him although i do think he could handle it physically as he's a beast but hopefully the WHL season isn't canceled so he can play his games there.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
i've never seen a 19 year old in the AHL for us do well, no way would I put him on the top pairing, just way too much to ask of him although i do think he could handle it physically as he's a beast but hopefully the WHL season isn't canceled so he can play his games there.
In normal times I’d say the same. But coming off a WJHC high and playing more meaningful games than AHL players, he’d be in a good position to come out of the gate on a high and be successful. Having Brook roam up and leaving Guhle to stay in the same role of shutting things down would only give him more confidence before going back to WHL. If he doesn’t do well in the first couple of games, drop him down. But seeing him in this tourney and who’s ahead of him in Laval, I think he could do quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad