Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Guhle reminds me of Weber in so many ways. A little more mobile and not quite as mean. If he can get anywhere near Weber level with his skating, we’re in good hands.

Reactions: Gravity

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I see the similarities with Weber.

Weber had some bad offensive stats in juniors. Guhler has better stats already.

Weber has a canon. Guhle's one timer is not bad at all.

Weber is faster than we think but Guhle is more mobile.

Both lack a bit of offensive vision.

Guhle could become a good power play play with his shot.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Caufield and Guhle are steal at 15 and 16.

No doubt in few years both are going to be considering top 10 in their draft. They got all tools to translate their game in NHL.

Both are the safer prospect with Romanov, all 3 can be considering "stud" prospects.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I liked him against USA. He did lose Turcotte in front of the net for the goal against. He was dead tired though. In some ways, it isn't much of an excuse... Maybe a weakness to his game that he needs to work on. Other than that, I find he has been one of the better D against a strong forecheck. That being said, Canada looked flat against USA. Perhaps the relatively young Canada team showed why this is a tournament for the 19 year olds.

Not impressed with Byram tonight. He can definitely handle the puck, but his play style is so slow. Canada needed to push the pace and Byram was unable to play a quick game.

Schneider looks pretty good as well, but I think Guhle's puck handling, while not a strenght, is a bit better. Schneider is more physical, but Guhle is better defensively and has better decision-making.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I liked him against USA. He did lose Turcotte in front of the net for the goal against. He was dead tired though. In some ways, it isn't much of an excuse... Maybe a weakness to his game that he needs to work on. Other than that, I find he has been one of the better D against a strong forecheck. That being said, Canada looked flat against USA. Perhaps the relatively young Canada team showed why this is a tournament for the 19 year olds.

Not impressed with Byram tonight. He can definitely handle the puck, but his play style is so slow. Canada needed to push the pace and Byram was unable to play a quick game.

Schneider looks pretty good as well, but I think Guhle's puck handling, while not a strenght, is a bit better. Schneider is more physical, but Guhle is better defensively and has better decision-making.

The Turcotte goal was not a big deal, any NHL dman would have been exhausted after such a long shift and he was still between Turcotte and the net but there is very little he can do about a deflection. It is not like he gave up a cross crease pass, and this exact play happens to the best dmen in the world multiple times every season.

He does need to make better decisions in the o-zone as he has had too many blocked shots where he should have held the puck longer but that will come with more experience against better competition.

Reactions: Habssince89

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Thought he started great tonight, but lost his composure with the puck. Love his game though, whoever compared him to JayBo has it right.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure why people think Guhle is a very good skater. Twice on transition, his stride was choppy. He's a decent skater but it can use improvement.

He lost his man and I was worried he was going to be strapped to the pine...but the game needed muscle to stop the US transition. He played well for the rest of the game.

I like Guhle and I love to see him as our top 2. Maybe he gets there. Top 6 ? For sure.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I'm surprised at all the positive comments because to be quite honest I was really disappointed in his performance last night, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. If people still liked him, maybe that's a good sign. Even at his worst he's still good.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm surprised at all the positive comments because to be quite honest I was really disappointed in his performance last night, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. If people still liked him, maybe that's a good sign. Even at his worst he's still good.
The US made the entire Canadians team look slow last night. They were flying around and we looked flat footed all night. Not many positives for Canada that entire game but Guhle did well for an 18 year old during the onslaught and kept up.

That being said, I thought Schneider had a hell of a game. He was all over the place and played a hell of a game.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His offensive limitations were on display tonight.. he was a certified shin pad destroyer. The rest of his game is really nice, but the offensive game clearly needs work.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I was really impressed by Schneider this tournament. Really good and complete Dman. As a 18 yo, Guhle did a solid defensive job. Off course, with Byram and Drysdale, Guhle’s mission was more defensive than anything.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Good pick from my view.

Will be interesting to watch him and Barron develloped.

I preferres Barron yesterday but Guhle vs Russia...been quite equal between those 2 so far

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I see the similarities with Weber.

Weber had some bad offensive stats in juniors. Guhler has better stats already.

Weber has a canon. Guhle's one timer is not bad at all.

Weber is faster than we think but Guhle is more mobile.

Both lack a bit of offensive vision.

Guhle could become a good power play play with his shot.

Well of course Weber was average at best offensively in junior, Kelowna had a stud offensive defenceman in Josh Gorges.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Guhle showed the better hands (not that they are good) and the better shot.. Schneider showed better playmaking and a better ability to get his shot through.

It's really a toss-up.

Guhle is so much better without the puck that it's in his favour. Even if Schneider slimly edges him out offensively, Guhles hockey IQ and physicality put him over the top

Reactions: ForeverHabs97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad