Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Guhle is so much better without the puck that it's in his favour. Even if Schneider slimly edges him out offensively, Guhles hockey IQ and physicality put him over the top
Definitely agree.

Schneider coughed up the puck and created a few turnovers that tournament.
Schneider has shown more offense though.

I can't think of one time Guhle created an obvious turnover, and completely shut everyone down.
If he can grow his offense, even just a little bit, we could have a monster two way beast.
So far he's shown that he's a complete shutdown monster, but if he could grow his offense just a little bit... Watchout...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Guhle showed the better hands (not that they are good) and the better shot.. Schneider showed better playmaking and a better ability to get his shot through.

It's really a toss-up.
In terms of translatable skills, I saw a fair bit more offence in Schneider. Guhle is more physical and has the better slapshot. But Schneider has the higher offensive IQ- which is whats most important.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Was very impressed by Ghule last night...

mobility & agility was very good for a guy his size, the JBo comparisons seem quite apt though he looks to have a larger shoulder/upper body frame than JBo did.

his response to being scored on was also very positive... didn't seem the least bit hesitant after that big let down and made a few borderline "risky" plays with the puck later in the game that speak to strong confidence despite the pressure and early game miscue... that's a glimpse to potentially very valuable mindset strength for a young dman and first year WJC player.

really hope he gets brought along gradually and gets some CHL time this year and a full season next year to grow his confidence in the offensive end. With the depth of our defensive prospect pool ahead of him, we should be able to give him at least 1-2 years in the AHL to further grow, unless he progresses very quickly and forces the issue to get full time NHL role before that.

very happy with that pick.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guhle was solid at 18 and did what Brook, Harris, Juulsen, Norlinder, Beaulieu did at age 19 in the WJC. He is a year ahead of all of them but how much growth he has from 18 to 19 is undetermined. A guy like Schneider was a bit better IMO but he is 19 and more mature to some degree. Will Guhle reach his level or pass him in the next year? :dunno:

I like the pick and I am content with his WJC at age 18. Nothing to brag about but also nothing to be concerned about.

Reactions: WinterLion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Who are the age 19 leaders for the WJC next year on the back end? Drysdale and Guhle? If you had to pick today and not based on need (RD or LD), who do you pick between them two? Honestly, I think I seen similar potential from both of them. Ducks won't like this but I think I take Guhle.

We didn't pick top 10 when we expected to (back to back drafts) but I think we did very well with Caufield and Guhle. They are both fringe top 10 quality today are they not?

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
All-in-all I think Guhle had a great tournament and that play in the Czech/Finland game (forget which it was) where he broke up the 3-on-2 with his stick and then sprung a Canadian forward for our own odd-man rush was the best showcase of his abilities.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm in love. I wanted Rossi/perfetti and was dissppointed about dropping to 16th but I think we've picked up a hell of a hockey player here. Kids got minute eating bruiser written all over him. So smart positionally and very physical. Papa Webers gonna show this kid the way. Man we got a mean defence shaping up lol

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Who are the age 19 leaders for the WJC next year on the back end? Drysdale and Guhle? If you had to pick today and not based on need (RD or LD), who do you pick between them two? Honestly, I think I seen similar potential from both of them. Ducks won't like this but I think I take Guhle.

We didn't pick top 10 when we expected to (back to back drafts) but I think we did very well with Caufield and Guhle. They are both fringe top 10 quality today are they not?
Im wondering if guhle/drysdale is gonna be the first pairing next year? They were both playing at 18 years old. I think it could be a great fit. A more physical dman with a good puckmover beside him.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Im wondering if guhle/drysdale is gonna be the first pairing next year? They were both playing at 18 years old. I think it could be a great fit. A more physical dman with a good puckmover beside him.

They probably spread them out with a 18 year old as a partner. I'm not sure who are the contenders as 18 year olds to make the team next year

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I'm surprised at all the positive comments because to be quite honest I was really disappointed in his performance last night, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. If people still liked him, maybe that's a good sign. Even at his worst he's still good.
I am always suprised at all the different perspective different people can have of the same game. See he was one if not the D that impressed me the most yesterday against a ery strong forecheck. The othe guys like Byram kept trying bombs or caughed up the puck in his zone. I thougth the breakouts where mostly in control with Ghule except for few small mistakes.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I am always suprised at all the different perspective different people can have of the same game. See he was one if not the D that impressed me the most yesterday against a ery strong forecheck. The othe guys like Byram kept trying bombs or caughed up the puck in his zone. I thougth the breakouts where mostly in control with Ghule except for few small mistakes.

There are a lot of people here that have an overinfatuation with offensive ability. I see it in basketball forums all the time. It's almost like defence isn't relavent in analysing the potential or ability of a player

Montreals Forum

Oct 27, 2020
This was honestly the kid I was happy with yesterday. His game looked very mature out there (save for the one shot in the legs late.. but that was in desperation). Hes going to be a beast I think.

I wrote in the Caulfield post, how I was a bit concerned in his game.
Guhle I totally would put money down on being a top pairing d man 1 day. He has excellent defensive ability, and looks like a d man who is calm enough to play 1/2 a game.

I got to say he impressed me with his tourney.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
. He is going to be a another Dylan Mcilrath.

One of my biggest projections bust. I had him as a tough, mean shutdown defenseman in top 6. A bigger and meaner Chiarot.

66 NHL games and statistically, a pylon. He's an AHL bus warmer.

Huge Hab fan too. OUCH

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm in love. I wanted Rossi/perfetti and was dissppointed about dropping to 16th but I think we've picked up a hell of a hockey player here. Kids got minute eating bruiser written all over him. So smart positionally and very physical. Papa Webers gonna show this kid the way. Man we got a mean defence shaping up lol

Guhle, Romanov, Struble are the bruisers, with skill and skating. Norlinder, Harris, and perhaps Mete provide finess. That's good balance.

We'll see if Fleury, Juulsen, Brook, and Fairbrother can beat any of those top 6 out, in the scenario where not one of the eventual six best is traded.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019

Interesting graph but if there's a moment Analytical stats are going to be meaningless when comparing players from different teams, it's this one

Low sample of games and absurd team imbalance will cause the numbers to be completely useless. People love this but yeah...

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Interesting graph but if there's a moment Analytical stats are going to be meaningless when comparing players from different teams, it's this one

Low sample of games and absurd team imbalance will cause the numbers to be completely useless. People love this but yeah...

Yeah I only looked at how other Canadian players compared to Guhle but then realized it's sampling 7 or so games. Would like to see an analysis of his eventual AHL play. Conversely, those numbers aren't nothing

Reactions: TesseractPrice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad