Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Translation: Tourgny says that Guhle was even better than I expected. And I already held him in high esteem before the tournament. He's mean, has good hockey sense, and he takes no prisoners. It's kill them all.

Really hoping he doesn't somehow become another Tinordi at the NHL level, though I'm happy for Tinordi that he's been recently able to re-emerge.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Laval will have a stacked blueline...

Olofsson Fleury

Ouellet Brook

Ghule? Leskinen

Dont know who the AHL signed guys are...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why is Weal being assigned to Laval??? Don't tell me their considering Poehling for the taxi squad :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is CF who said this. No official word from Habs yet.

But Andrew Zadarnowski mentioned on Twitter that it's possible Habs will keep Fleury and Poehling on the taxi squad to start the year. They will continue to practice with the NHL team.

And when AHL camps start on the 25th, they will send them down to Laval and possibly bring up someone like Weal.

Reactions: 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can they bury some of them in the ECHL to make room for Guhle?

Yes. But there are very limited spots in the ECHL since many teams opted out of the ECHL season. So it might be tough to find spots.

So my guess is they will all stay in Laval. Whether Guhle plays or not, they may keep everyone in the AHL regardless.

Reactions: Goldenhands

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
some words from one of the Habs scouts that was behind the pick,

From Hockey Canada to the Habs: Meet the Canadiens' newest scout

He has maturity and professionalism beyond his years. He does everything right: he's prepared, he goes through the right routines, he takes care of his body, and he's a true professional. And the best part is, he's only 18 years old.

He's still growing, he's still improving as a player, he's extremely coachable," he continued. "He's very low maintenance - if any maintenance - and he's just a tremendous person you love to have in your locker room and love to have as a part of your organization."
Shutron added that there's also plenty to like about Guhle's game beyond the intangibles.

He's an incredible skater, a great athlete, he has great lower body power, plus his skating stride, his glide, his posterior chain, his strength, his competitiveness...and I believe that there's some untapped offensive potential. He's an incredible player, but more importantly, he's an incredible person

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
some words from one of the Habs scouts that was behind the pick,

From Hockey Canada to the Habs: Meet the Canadiens' newest scout

I think he'll be a building block to put next to Suzuki, KK, Romanov, and hopefully Caufield and some of our other D prospects. Would also be great if Poehling could become a solid power forward winger with some secondary offensive production.

Getting as many of these building blocks as possible is huge. Free agency has been good to us sometimes, but not so good other times.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sounds like Romanov

it does a bit, we'll have to see what impact playing so little from the end of last season to whenever the WHL season starts and ends, impacts his development. Hopefully next year he'll be able to at least get a full season in plus the WJC's and maybe join Laval for the playoffs if PA doesn't go far in the WHL playoffs

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's really all down to if he can develop his offensive game. If he can, he could be a home run for us.

If not he could still be an excellent defensive D man.

Just love our drafting of late. Really feel like this org is starting to turn it around. There's just so much to be positive and excited about.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
it's really all down to if he can develop his offensive game. If he can, he could be a home run for us.

If not he could still be an excellent defensive D man.

Just love our drafting of late. Really feel like this org is starting to turn it around. There's just so much to be positive and excited about.

And the anti-Timmins police will come out in, 3 ... 2 ... 1 ....

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So what's the deal with Guhle? Will he play in the AHL or WHL (when they eventually start up)? If he plays the full season in the AHL this year, does he still have to go back to the WHL next year if he's not in the NHL? There will have to be some discussions regarding that as it won't be good to go back to the WHL if he plays the full season in the AHL.

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So what's the deal with Guhle? Will he play in the AHL or WHL (when they eventually start up)? If he plays the full season in the AHL this year, does he still have to go back to the WHL next year if he's not in the NHL? There will have to be some discussions regarding that as it won't be good to go back to the WHL if he plays the full season in the AHL.

the WHL looks like it won't start for 6 weeks minus however long camp/preseason is (don't know if they will actually play any preseason games, i'm guessing not)

I would assume Guhle will be with Laval until PA's camp starts, we don't have a date for that yet though. I would guess that he will play games up until then.

I haven't heard if CHLers that aren't eligible in a normal year to play in the AHL, would be able to stay in the AHL once their CHL clubs are back. I wouldn't think they would allow that but haven't heard either way.

with covid everything is fluid so whatever we think we know we could find out it's been changed rather quickly so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He may as well stay in Laval, provided the AHL can finally get this canadian division thing going. There's a bit more security there at least, OHL/WHL may not start back at all if the covid situation goes south in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad