Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Is the guy playing any hockey? He'll be good, can't wait to see him in action again.

He's with the Laval Rocket at their training camp. So yes he's playing, but not yet in any real games. Hopefully the Canadian Division can start their games up soon in the AHL, and he can get a taste of the "pros". Bouchard seems to be really impressed with him.

Reactions: HabsDood

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The classic idiom. I certainly hope he’s a hockey player. We didn’t draft him to bake cookies.
I mean, what if they're like, the BEST cookies ever? Really good cookies are worth something you know ! It's good that Bouchard seems very high on the kid in any case, he never fails to put him over in every recent interviews I've read .

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Really hoping he doesn't somehow become another Tinordi at the NHL level, though I'm happy for Tinordi that he's been recently able to re-emerge.
Guhle was far more prolific offensively than Jake Sanderson when both played in Alberta minor hockey at the same time. Matter of fact he outpointed Dylan Holloway as well in the same leagues, though Holloway came through a year earlier due to 2001 birthday. He also produced more points than either of them internationally, at U17 and U20 tournaments. Kaiden wasn't taken 1st overall in the WHL draft just for his defensive skill.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Guhle was far more prolific offensively than Jake Sanderson when both played in Alberta minor hockey at the same time. Matter of fact he outpointed Dylan Holloway as well in the same leagues, though Holloway came through a year earlier due to 2001 birthday. He also produced more points than either of them internationally, at U17 and U20 tournaments. Kaiden wasn't taken 1st overall in the WHL draft just for his defensive skill.
While I like the pick, and though Guhle was a dominant player at the Hlinka tournament, I thought both Holloway and Schneider were more impressive at the Junior World Championships. In fact, I thought Holloway was one of the more dynamic players in the entire tournament and was a player I was hoping would drop to Montreal. Holloway will be playing in the NHL far sooner than many of the higher profile players selected before him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
While I like the pick, and though Guhle was a dominant player at the Hlinka tournament, I thought both Holloway and Schneider were more impressive at the Junior World Championships. In fact, I thought Holloway was one of the more dynamic players in the entire tournament and was a player I was hoping would drop to Montreal. Holloway will be playing in the NHL far sooner than many of the higher profile players selected before him.
Too bad they were both taken ahead of Guhle and not available when we picked. Got to play the hand dealt to you.

Reactions: RicoxSuave

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Schneider was picked after Guhle.
My bad, I was thinking of Sanderson.

I'd still take Guhle over Schenider though honestly, I think from what I've seen of both in a short tournament, they're effectively a toss up. Slight advantage to Guhle because he's a nasty piece of work to go along with his skating and hopefully, budding offence.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I disagree about Schneider being more impressive than Guhle at the WJC. To me Guhle clearly has more tools and showed he can be more of a difference maker. You also have to consider Schneider has three full seasons of CHL experience vs. Guhle who has two.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think the organization is picking a lot of guys who seem to do well at this tournament, Kotka and Guhle jump out to me right away

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Well, Holloway may have "looked" dynamic on the U20, but he didn't show up on the stat sheet. Just 2 assists. Guhle scored more goals than Holloway, Schneider, Sanderson, and Drysdale combined, while playing as a 3rd pairing defender. He's also likely the only one who will be back next year of that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad