Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm old school, and Xhekaj did what you do when a teammate goes down like that.

It's sad a star player is injured, I was looking forward to seeing him on Habs. By some nobody who will be cut tomorrow, this is all he'll be remembered for. Show some respect to the veteran.
Had the refs just tossed the guy who injured laine to begin with this isn’t even an issue. Guy had no business being in the game to begin with.
Though I think the quiet part is the league loves chaos and mayhem.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
They did the reverse last game and no Habs ahlers tried to end the career of Matthews.
He wasn't in the game and Pare didn't do it intentionally. It was an unskilled player trying to make a play and messed up

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Almost feels like Pate has a hit out on him at this point. Every time he tries to come back, he immediately gets taken out.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
From purely a business perspective, it's not in the league best interest to have their star players injured by scrubs in preseason games.

Paré didn't know how to defend and sticked his knee out to not let Laine pass him.

No star players were injured today though.

• Love
Reactions: HofT

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So regular players are to blame (and the management) in case of injury because some non regulars are in the line-up... ?
I do not follow, if you're looking to place blame, I suggest blaming crap luck. It was an unskilled play by Pare and a brainfart by Laine

Reactions: LiseL

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Laine fumbled-f***ed the puck and is afraid of contact from how injury prone he's become
Can we also replace Laine with Chityl? We had the same crying from Rangers fans the other night when Chityl picked his head up late and tried to duck a hit causing himself to collide with Scott Mayfield’s knee who was going at him from a straight on angle. These injury prone guys just put themselves into these positions like you said. The worst that would have happened to Laine if he didn’t shift is a check to his chest that knocks him down.

• Love
Reactions: JKG33

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They did the reverse last game and no Habs ahlers tried to end the career of Matthews.
Had he played against TTOE, he likely wouldn’t put himself in the situation in a pre-season game. He's pretty smart, usually has head up, is aware of what’s going on, and isn’t try to prove his worth.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Can we also replace Laine with Chityl? We had the same crying from Rangers fans the other night when Chityl picked his head up late and tried to duck a hit causing himself to collide with Scott Mayfield’s knee who was going at him from a straight on angle. These injury prone guys just put themselves into these positions like you said. The worst that would have happened to Laine if he didn’t shift is a check to his chest that knocks him down.
I didn't see the Chytil one but if it's as you described and much like this, I completely agree

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Yeah was just answering the other dude that was basically saying it's on Montreal
If you're talking about me, I never said the injury is on the Habs, what I said was, its on the Habs about continuing the antics in a game where they have nothing to gain

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Honestly didn’t seem overtly intentional. Probably should have been a 2 minute penalty. A little more alarmed by Xhekaj’s understandable if unhinged response
Xhekaj is a cheapshot sack of shit.

He's thanking his lucky stars Pare wasn't hurt, otherwise, we'd be looking at a Bertuzzi style ejection from the league.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I didn't see the Chytil one but if it's as you described and much like this, I completely agree
Check hockeyfights on instagram, it’s there. He turns in center ice with his head down while fumbling with the puck, picks his head up and tries to duck the hit causing himself to go leg on leg with Mayfield. Ryan Lindgren tries to save the day and gets himself injured fighting Mayfield (plus loses the fight badly).

Reactions: JKG33

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Tell him to skate with his head up when splitting two players.

Rookie move.
Perhaps a rookie move, but better than kneeing a guy intentionally or not and then going right to turtle when someone came knocking for you to answer for it. Bigger than you, stronger than you, you stand your ground and fight. Turtling is a coward's act. Told me everything I need to know about Pare and Wifi.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Xhekaj is a cheapshot sack of shit.

He's thanking his lucky stars Pare wasn't hurt, otherwise, we'd be looking at a Bertuzzi style ejection from the league.
Martin got 10 games for something similar back in 2011 during the Isles-Pens fight night. I’d expect a similar response but the inept body that is the DOPS will probably give him 2 games a call it a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad