Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Ur missing thr point. If we needed just defense we already had that in plenty in our cupboard or could have drafted a D in the second. What we needed in Guhle is a two way D with amazing D (which is what hes trending) and good offense (which imo he has untapped potential there). I just wanna see more offensively. That's all.

If you can figure out how we draft, let me know. It's rarely BPA, and Bergevin has really never made it clear? I can't recall numbnuts every saying a definite strategy.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If you can figure out how we draft, let me know. It's rarely BPA, and Bergevin has really never made it clear? I can't recall numbnuts every saying a definite strategy.
Yeah his drafting has sucked ass forever now. I can no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. The results just aren't there despite countless years of opportunities and picks. Too bad Molson's faith is blind

Reactions: Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
could be, I'm confused on their drafting policies these days to be honest.
It’s BPA - just like it was going to be York till Caufield kept falling. It’s what constitutes best player in the eyes of an org that varies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Who knows what's going through Bergevin and Timmins head when they draft, but regardless, I have to say that I've been really impressed by Guhle so far. He's been nothing but solid since the first game of this tournament. He's getting better and better in my opinion too. I think there's some untapped offensive potential as well. He just seems like a complete defensemen. Now, hopefully they can continue to develop him properly as I think that's been a huge issue with the Canadiens farm system in the last 10+ years.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
It’s BPA - just like it was going to be York till Caufield kept falling. It’s what constitutes best player in the eyes of an org that varies.

Its BPA, unless a C is available apparently.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-1-3_16-35-12.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Marcotte, from what he hears, players from the OHL and WHL who have nowhere to play may be able to join an AHL squad. We know Guhle is under contract, but in the case of Mysak, who isn't signed, does it mean he can join the AHL club even if he's not signed to an ELC? Although I would guess he will return to Czech Republic to continue his loan to Litvinov.

He also says that Julien BriseBois hinted at the possibility some teams may share an AHL team, since there is a chance some AHL teams will choose to opt out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I was bummed that the Habs did not get that coveted top 3-7 pick. With that said I think they did great with Guhle at 15th.

Guhle vs Quinn? Guhle did well in his age 18 role! Very well vs Quinn is in his age 19 season. Remember the Quinn vs Holtz talk?

I’m very happy with the Guhle pick! Wanted Harley in the draft before but we had to take Caufield. Guhle is on a steep uphill curve at the moment

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah I was bummed that the Habs did not get that coveted top 3-7 pick. With that said I think they did great with Guhle at 15th.

Wouldve been great to get a pick in that range, but like you said can’t help but feel good about Guhle at 16th. He feels like he has a lot less risk attached to him than a lot of the guys taken before him, but yet he still has pretty good upside.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Guhle vs Quinn? Guhle did well in his age 18 role! Very well vs Quinn is in his age 19 season. Remember the Quinn vs Holtz talk?

I’m very happy with the Guhle pick! Wanted Harley in the draft before but we had to take Caufield. Guhle is on a steep uphill curve at the moment

Gives me an interesting thought, who would prefer our current situation or an alternative reality where in 2019 we went with Harley and in 2020 we drafted Mercer since we had taken a LHD in 2019?

I’m happy with the current

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would be cool if he got to play in the AHL

I don’t really think so. The WHL would have allowed him a lot of minutes and a lot of offensive opportunities, a part of the game he needs to grow. Playing 3rd pairing in the AHL with no PP time isn’t going to be beneficial.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The BPA thing has always been a moot point to me. Obviously everyone draft the BPA in the first 4 round maybe even 5. They draft the BPA on their list which is 99% of the time not the real PBA. Nobody say hey we gonna draft that player we think will be not as good just because ... everyone draft the player they think will be the best in the first few rounds. Past round 5 it doesn't matter that much anyway.

Like you said BPA varies from an org to another. If you got the wrong scouting team you can draft BPA all day long it will be pointless cause the real BPA will probably be somewhere down their list and be drafted a couple of ranks later.

Reactions: Tanknation

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
It would be nice for him, Romanov and Struble to pan out..

Just because it would be fun to see an extremely mobile and physical defense that doesn't shit its pants with the puck.,

Or , you know, if we just kept Sergachev we wouldn't be chasing the draft every year trying to replace him. f***ing Bergevin.
0l10G.gif

Reactions: kevsavard95

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don’t really think so. The WHL would have allowed him a lot of minutes and a lot of offensive opportunities, a part of the game he needs to grow. Playing 3rd pairing in the AHL with no PP time isn’t going to be beneficial.

I get that concern, but it’s better than not playing at all

Looks like there is an agreement for teams to bring their prospects for the AHL should their leagues be delayed or canceled altogether.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The BPA thing has always been a moot point to me. Obviously everyone draft the BPA in the first 4 round maybe even 5. They draft the BPA on their list which is 99% of the time not the real PBA. Nobody say hey we gonna draft that player we think will be not as good just because ... everyone draft the player they think will be the best in the first few rounds. Past round 5 it doesn't matter that much anyway.

Like you said BPA varies from an org to another. If you got the wrong scouting team you can draft BPA all day long it will be pointless cause the real BPA will probably be somewhere down their list and be drafted a couple of ranks later.
It could be argued Fisher, Tinordi & McCarron were not BPA at their respective draft positions even in the eyes of the org, but rather best available prospects according to the org, to address a specifically identified positional deficiency.

Fisher - due to lack of RDman in the org
Tinordi - lack of size
McCarron - lack of size up front & C

The Habs seem to be most successful at the draft table (at least 1st round) when they pick who they consider to be the best talent available at their given draft position. It’s yielded Price, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Sergachev, the org unnecessarily seems to get itself into trouble when they try to address a specific position.

Let’s see how Poehling & KK turn out...they were both seemingly picked to address a need.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gives me an interesting thought, who would prefer our current situation or an alternative reality where in 2019 we went with Harley and in 2020 we drafted Mercer since we had taken a LHD in 2019?

I’m happy with the current

I'm happy with what we have right now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad