Value of: Josh Anderson to the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Trade him to LA just to destroy Play-by-Play announcers.

LA's Anderson's so far , we NEED more

Lias Anderson
Mickey Anderson
Anderson-Dolan

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Massive overpayment for Anderson?

People need to take a look at his contract, then his production, and then back at his contract.
Fans just salivate over the big fast youthful guy who throws the body- before long he's going to be 30, slowing down, still putting up under .5PPG and getting paid 5.5 million.
And its not like he was the driving force behind the Montreal cup run, he was extremely mediocre even according to his own fans.

He's not someone I'd want my team trading for rn, thats a Lucic contract.

What are you smoking. :laugh:

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
6 more years at 5.5 million. You are adding assets to make that cap dump. Anderson and 2022 1st for NJ's 2022 3rd.

Habs are 2.5 million over the cap with 10 players signed. Have fun just getting fair value for anyone.

Most of these guys will be gone this year or last year. There is gonna be a major clean up. We also have Weber off the book. Anderson's contract won't be an issue. Don't worry you won't get him.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Most of these guys will be gone this year or last year. There is gonna be a major clean up. We also have Weber off the book. Anderson's contract won't be an issue. Don't worry you won't get him.

Weber is not off the books. He is on LTIR. I think you will be unhappy with the return on anyone that is trade this year or next including Anderson.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
That total includes Weber, who is essentially retired. Habs clearly couldn't add much in terms of cap, but with cheap UFAs or ELCs, they'll be fine. And given the rebuild, it doesn't really matter if some of those cheap UFAs aren't long-term solutions. Stop dreaming that you can get picks along with players by offering Montreal "cap relief".
I am not dreaming that I will get picks as I am not a GM. Can't wait to see all these 1st round picks the habs will have at this years draft.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Sure, We are not desperate to move Anderson anyways.

Ya if he was already on my team, I'd be in no hurry to move him either. He's just not the guy the Devils should be looking at, Montreal would want the exact players and picks the Devils should have no interest in trading

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya if he was already on my team, I'd be in no hurry to move him either. He's just not the guy the Devils should be looking at, Montreal would want the exact players and picks the Devils should have no interest in trading

From the outside looking in at the Devils. I agree

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anderson is a slightly better and more overpaid miles wood. No thanks

A little skewed narrative if you ask me.
* Wood is on his bridge and needs a new contract as a RFA after this year
* Wood has 121 pts with 65 goals in 323 games as a 26 year old (0.37 pts/game).
* Anderson had 115 pts with 65 goals in 267 games (0.43 pts/game) before he was traded to the Habs and signed for 7 years.
* Anderson has 37 pts with 24 goals in 77 games with the Habs so far (0.48 pts/game)

What do you think Wood ask for after this season if he says 1 year or 7 years like Anderson did to the Habs as a RFA with one year left?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Yes devils could use Anderson and would love to have him but not at the cost the Habs would want and not at the current cap hit and term.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
A little skewed narrative if you ask me.
* Wood is on his bridge and needs a new contract as a RFA after this year
* Wood has 121 pts with 65 goals in 323 games as a 26 year old (0.37 pts/game).
* Anderson had 115 pts with 65 goals in 267 games (0.43 pts/game) before he was traded to the Habs and signed for 7 years.
* Anderson has 37 pts with 24 goals in 77 games with the Habs so far (0.48 pts/game)

What do you think Wood ask for after this season if he says 1 year or 7 years like Anderson did to the Habs as a RFA with one year left?

Since he's out for the season with hip surgery he can't ask for much

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Since he's out for the season with hip surgery he can't ask for much

I knew this was coming but Anderson only played 27 games in the season before the Habs acquired him. A little different cause he has a 27 goal season in the year before and it was a sign/trade kind of thing.

Not sure if Wood will give you any trouble but he could say 1 year deal or 5+ if he wanted to. Anderson's 7 year AAV is to get him for his prime years of 27-32. It's the same type of signing the Caps did with Wilson in 2018 which is 2 years prior to when Anderson got his contract.

Anderson is not going anywhere for cheap. According to my standards, he is part of our rebuild solution and is still with us after the rebuild. We are not trading everyone for cheap just to unload. I'm not afraid of his contract AAV or term one bit. People acting like he is signed till 35+

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
If we are unhappy with the offer, we retain them. This narrative of "you won't get anything for them, so trade him to me now" is not going to work.

Not once in any of my comment did I say trade him now. Not sure how you read in my comments I said trade him to me either. I am not an NHL GM. What I was saying is his contract of 5.5 million for 6 years has negative value and won't be moved unless his is a complete cap dump.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
He's off the books for the cap. And we don't expect big returns for the trades. Just that they are gonna leave so we can rebuild.

He still counts against the cap. LTIR does not remove the salary. It allows the team to spend over the cap to replace the player. You are the only Habs fan on HF that is not expecting a pot of gold at the end of every 3 liner that is being dangled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad