Value of: Josh Anderson to the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I understand Holtz, Mercer, Hughes and Smith being off the table. But, not putting your 1st on the table would get us out of the conversation.

Sure, I wasn't really talking about this proposal, but more of a generalization. What the other fanbase wants, the other will always think is too much (unless it's a change of scenary type of deal for two lost causes). And in the end none if this matters, there's always those bonehead gms who'll trade Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Sure, I wasn't really talking about this proposal, but more of a generalization. What the other fanbase wants, the other will always think is too much (unless it's a change of scenary type of deal for two lost causes). And in the end none if this matters, there's always those bonehead gms who'll trade Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat.
Yes or give McDonagh as a throw in when the Rangers are trying to dump Scott Gomez's contract. Painful :laugh:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm not trading a 1st round pick for this guy. It's clear we need another high end winger who can score goals if Mercer is going to be a center going forward. Anderson is a the type of player we could use though.
Anderson doesn't move if a 1st rd pick isn't involved.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Someone do needs to protect Subban after his imminent 6th slewfoot of the season.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Anderson doesn't move if a 1st rd pick isn't involved.
Now now, something like Nolan Foot, Jimmy Vesey and a 2nd could work without it including a 1st rounder
(please no hate on the specifics, just saying there is always a way)

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
6 more years at 5.5 million. You are adding assets to make that cap dump. Anderson and 2022 1st for NJ's 2022 3rd.

Habs are 2.5 million over the cap with 10 players signed. Have fun just getting fair value for anyone.
You know, a long contract isn't a bad thing when the player is worth it.

Habs have 18 NHL players signed for next year, though Weber is unlikely to actually play.

Reactions: Vachon23

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
You know, a long contract isn't a bad thing when the player is worth it.

Habs have 18 NHL players signed for next year, though Weber is unlikely to actually play.

agreed a long contract is not a bad thing if he is worth it. Anderson is not worth it.

Still over the cap and needing to shed salary. Its going to be a very painful couple of years to get this mess turned around.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now now, something like Nolan Foot, Jimmy Vesey and a 2nd could work without it including a 1st rounder
(please no hate on the specifics, just saying there is always a way)

There is always a way but that's not it

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
That is your unproven, unsubstantiated claim. Back it up with actual facts or let the grownups talk.

As of right now Montreal has $84,902,142 committed to 18 players. Cap is 81.5 million. Even if the cap is raised by a million you are over by 2.4 million. Time to start paying teams to take your garbage. Welcome to Cap Hell.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I love the way Anderson plays and yes the Devils need a player like him but I’d rather target someone else. The contract length gives me some worry. Not sure if the production and what he brings is worth the cap hit and how long he will be effective for. If he underperforms , there is tons of term left on his deal.
A risk that the Devils cannot gamble assets on.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
As of right now Montreal has $84,902,142 committed to 18 players. Cap is 81.5 million. Even if the cap is raised by a million you are over by 2.4 million. Time to start paying teams to take your garbage. Welcome to Cap Hell.
That total includes Weber, who is essentially retired. Habs clearly couldn't add much in terms of cap, but with cheap UFAs or ELCs, they'll be fine. And given the rebuild, it doesn't really matter if some of those cheap UFAs aren't long-term solutions. Stop dreaming that you can get picks along with players by offering Montreal "cap relief".

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad