Value of: Josh Anderson to the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm not trading a 1st round pick for this guy. It's clear we need another high end winger who can score goals if Mercer is going to be a center going forward. Anderson is a the type of player we could use though.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Massive overpayment for Anderson?

People need to take a look at his contract, then his production, and then back at his contract.
Fans just salivate over the big fast youthful guy who throws the body- before long he's going to be 30, slowing down, still putting up under .5PPG and getting paid 5.5 million.
And its not like he was the driving force behind the Montreal cup run, he was extremely mediocre even according to his own fans.

He's not someone I'd want my team trading for rn, thats a Lucic contract.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

People need to take a look at his contract, then his production, and then back at his contract.
Fans just salivate over the big fast youthful guy who throws the body- before long he's going to be 30, slowing down, still putting up under .5PPG and getting paid 5.5 million.
And its not like he was the driving force behind the Montreal cup run, he was extremely mediocre even occurring to his own fans.

I love these posts. Actually, he wasn't mediocre during cup run, but thx for playing.
'he's going to be 30'

dude doesn't turn 28 until may lmao

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I love these posts. Actually, he wasn't mediocre during cup run, but thx for playing.
'he's going to be 30'

dude doesn't turn 28 until may lmao
He was. HfHabs was ripping him a new asshole for his lack of production compared to Toffoli, Caufield, Perry who were all Right Wings fans wanted higher on the depth chart. How would you describe his post season play?

Can you not read? "before long he will be 30" and still under contract

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
How long do Habs fans think the inevitable rebuild will be? IMO if you can move Anderson for good picks/prospects, with his full contract going out, you take that and run.
Bolded is what everyone in the thread is waiting for, I haven’t seen an offer like that yet.

JA doesn’t need to be moved and provides a lot of elements Montreal otherwise lacks. People can argue about his contract as much as they want, but it doesn’t change that fact that he’s valuable to Montreal and you’ll have to pay decently if you want him.

Reactions: HabsQC

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
How long do Habs fans think the inevitable rebuild will be? IMO if you can move Anderson for good picks/prospects, with his full contract going out, you take that and run.

There's just a number of other wingers, signed for less term that should also fetch a great price.

Someone like Toffoli will always have interest around the league to fill out top6 or give great depth on a 3rd line.

Anderson has some intangibles that wouldn't make sense to move for just his production value alone. So yeah if someone values him as highly as he's worth to the Habs and offers something great then I'm open to moving him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He was. HfHabs was ripping him a new asshole for his lack of production compared to Toffoli, Caufield, Perry who were all Right Wings fans wanted higher on the depth chart. How would you describe his post season play?

Can you not read? "before long he will be 30" and still under contract

very few were ripping him. only those who overreact and don't see his value.
and you're cherry-picking arguments to diminish his value.
oh I can read, it's just a dumb take that could be applied to every single
human on planet earth. yeah, we're all getting older.
And before long?
he plays his age 30 season in 4 years from now.

the lucic = doesn't work either. anderson is a terrific skater, lucic never was

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

And its not like he was the driving force behind the Montreal cup run, he was extremely mediocre even according to his own fans.

Mediocre post

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I expect Anderson won't survive the rebuild if it isn't a very short re-tool.

He's on a reasonable contract but still one that would be a pain if he ages badly, and he's the type of player other teams will want and sometimes will overpay for.

Fact is it's hard to name a price when it's unclear how the team is going to rebuild or retool, but it's necessarily going to include at least once young player that a team doesn't want to give up. You don't get a speedy power forward for parts you aren't too concerned about losing.

Reactions: Archijerej

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I really don't know why you bother with these threads, it'll inevitably be them asking for Holtz, Smith, Mercer, Hughes or 1st round picks and those aren't pieces they'd trade right now

Why does anyone bother with these threads? It's always the same, fans lack objectivity, they overrate their own players and underrate others. Plus really what difference does it make if a hfboards fan base agrees or disagrees with a trade anyway. With real world trades it's almost always one or both fanbases feeling down about the trade. I personally just come here for delusion and kneejerk reactions from recent plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Some habs fans say JA is untouchable because he brings something that Mtl hasnt had in a long time and something rare in the NHL; a big, fast powerforward that isnt afraid of physical play.

I like the guy and dont especially want him to go. I just disagree that he is untouchable:
  • he is the 2nd RW in terms of points on the team
  • he may have leadership, but its definitely not the "follow me; im going to war" - Weber type of leadership
  • i dont think he is identified as our future core (not even sure he isnt just an addon to the present core when it is healthy)
  • he may not want to take on a "mentoring role" at the detriment of possibly winning a cup in his career
  • he is in his prime and may return assets that can include folks in mentoring roles and future assets.
In terms of value, i expect something like a B prospect and a 1st or an A prospect and a 2nd - with a possible mentor-like capdump that can help our youth (Perry type) in a positive way.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Anderson will not fall like Lucic. That's massive exaggeration and horrible comparison. Lucic was never a good skater and Anderson has elite level skating for a big boy. He's signed from age 27-32. Those are prime years. Age 30 is not some magical drop off point that applies equally to all players. If he was signed from 29-36, you might have a good point but he that is not the case.

Regardless, Anderson is low on the list of guys we will move. Nobody is getting him for cheap or a price they prefer to pay cause they are emotionally attached to the Habs selling all parts. Anderson is a solution for us in our rebuild and can be still around during and past our rebuild.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some habs fans say JA is untouchable because he brings something that Mtl hasnt had in a long time and something rare in the NHL; a big, fast powerforward that isnt afraid of physical play.

I like the guy and dont especially want him to go. I just disagree that he is untouchable:
  • he is the 2nd RW in terms of points on the team
  • he may have leadership, but its definitely not the "follow me; im going to war" - Weber type of leadership
  • i dont think he is identified as our future core (not even sure he isnt just an addon to the present core when it is healthy)
  • he may not want to take on a "mentoring role" at the detriment of possibly winning a cup in his career
  • he is in his prime and may return assets that can include folks in mentoring roles and future assets.
In terms of value, i expect something like a B prospect and a 1st or an A prospect and a 2nd - with a possible mentor-like capdump that can help our youth (Perry type) in a positive way.

Not untouchable but if you want him, it's pry away value we will ask. A deal we can't refuse. Reality. If that offends anyone and they want to make fun of Habs fans, save yourself some time and move along to other options. Habs are in sell mode but we are going to review each case 1/1 and Anderson is not at the top of our list of guys we want to move out.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Not untouchable but if you want him, it's pry away value we will ask. A deal we can't refuse. Reality. If that offends anyone and they want to make fun of Habs fans, save yourself some time and move along to other options. Habs are in sell mode but we are going to review each case 1/1 and Anderson is not at the top of our list of guys we want to move out.
Hahah im also a habs fan and i agree that JA wont be cheap. However i am not as close-minded as some who seem to think he is absolutely untouchable.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hahah im also a habs fan and i agree that JA wont be cheap. However i am not as close-minded as some who seem to think he is absolutely untouchable.

Not untouchable yes. But at the bottom of the list of guys we are planning to move out for futures. If we move him, I see it only with being pry away value. Anderson is not a easy piece to acquire

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Why does anyone bother with these threads? It's always the same, fans lack objectivity, they overrate their own players and underrate others. Plus really what difference does it make if a hfboards fan base agrees or disagrees with a trade anyway. With real world trades it's almost always one or both fanbases feeling down about the trade. I personally just come here for delusion and kneejerk reactions from recent plays.
I understand Holtz, Mercer, Hughes and Smith being off the table. But, not putting your 1st on the table would get us out of the conversation. We need atleast one good future piece coming back and I'm confident we'd get it elsewhere otherwise. 1st + Kuokkanen would be intriguing for me as a starting point. As other have said, Anderson isnprobably not the first guy out the door tho

Llamadelrey

Dec 8, 2021
Anderson always looks impressive on the ice but doesn't actually produce that much. He was great the first half of last season, then he went the last 20ish games without a goal and seems to have continued that trend this year. Those power foward-esque drives to the net sure are exciting though.
he's bringing a lot of energy to the team in general (just not this year with this team) and when he is in his game he doesn't score that much but will drive the net 3-5 times during a game which is annoying for the opponent.

Llamadelrey

Dec 8, 2021
only thing that could make him move is :

1. Gortin is a fan of speed and skills, not that much for physicality
2. His value would be really high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad