Value of: Josh Anderson to the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You haven't proven his contract has value in a trade though. Even Columbus fans have said the reason he was traded was excessive contract demands. How about you show me how its a positive contract and state his value.

You can't prove anything on HF boards. They are opinions. Just like you. Sorry, we disagree and wasting time cause you think what you think and I think what I think. Guys like Anderson are not a dime a dozen and he's signed through prime years.

7 or 8 year deals do require higher AAV cause you are buying more years and guessing on inflation rates. Reality. But I think you are guilty of exaggerating it grossly. It's far from a negative contract and I repeat, There is a fair amount of Habs fans that are not shopping him. So go ahead, try to devalue him. We really don't care

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
You can't prove anything on HF boards. They are opinions. Just like you. Sorry, we disagree and wasting time cause you think what you think and I think what I think. Guys like Anderson are not a dime a dozen and he's signed through prime years.

7 or 8 year deals do require higher AAV cause you are buying more years and guessing on inflation rates. Reality. But I think you are guilty of exaggerating it grossly. It's far from a negative contract and I repeat, There is a fair amount of Habs fans that are not shopping him. So go ahead, try to devalue him. We really don't care

Around and around you go. You tell me to "prove" it then say it cannot be proven. No reason to apologize for an open debate as I will not apologize for my opinion. Its a healthy conversation I think.

Usually you sign a player to a 7 to 8 year deal to lower the AAV. Thats the reality of 7 to 8 year deals and why they are usually reserved for star/superstar players. When they are given to just good players this is when the contract has negative value when you want to move it. I get most Montreal fans are happy to keep Anderson. He is a good player and saying his contract has negative value in a trade is not devaluing him. But this a a trade thread about Anderson going to New Jersey so that is where I see the value based on teams having to move long term contracts that were an over pay. He was traded for a cap dump and a 3rd just a year ago. He suddenly didn't change from a 30 to 40 point player to a 60 plus point player.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Your gaslighting isn’t worth a detailed response. I will end by posting that not a single person who has even a limited understanding of ice hockey would trade a first, let alone a projected top 3 to “rid” themselves of a wanted player who is slightly overpaid. Idiotic
I didn't say a top 3 pick did I? I said a 1st. According to al the HF posters you are getting 3 or 4 for price, 1 for Chairot, and 2 or 3 for Tofolli. There are lots of them to spare.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
The trade was RFA rights of Domi +3rd for RFA rights of Anderson. No cap dumps were involved. CBJ signed Domi to the "cap dump" contract after the trade.
Domi was very much a cap dump as an RFA they did not want to pay him. He had to be moved as part of the trade to sign Anderson. Domi was arbitration eligible and if they did not do the deal before his Arb hearing they were stuck. He had zero value as Montreal would have walked away from any award. He was looking at over 5.5 million in arbitration.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
personally i would rather keep anderson as we have been looking for a power foward for as long as i can remember and seems to give his all pretty much every game.

and as per usual because hes a habs player hes underrated and devalued in these threads.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
His contract is ugly, but it's not negative value... it's more like, you're not getting full value for the player value, if that makes sense

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Domi was very much a cap dump as an RFA they did not want to pay him. He had to be moved as part of the trade to sign Anderson. Domi was arbitration eligible and if they did not do the deal before his Arb hearing they were stuck. He had zero value as Montreal would have walked away from any award. He was looking at over 5.5 million in arbitration.

He was moved because we had KK/Danault/Suzuki at C, not because he would have gotten too much in arbitration. He definitely did not have negative value, therefore not a cap dump.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think it's pretty simple (for me anyways), unless it's an overpayment, I'd rather keep Anderson....Regardless of people's opinion on his contract. He's probably overpaid by 1 million, but he definitely has a unique blend of size, skill, physicality and speed.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Another good player that I would love on a rental but when you come with an 8 year deal and gets injured often, no thanks.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Dont think he's available. He's the kind of forward that the habs have been lacking for a long time.

It would make sense for the habs to trade their other wingers such as Drouin, Toffoli, Hoffman, etc. before thinking of trading Anderson.
Toffoli for Pearson and a 7th. Pearson makes less than Toffoli so that helps the Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Around and around you go. You tell me to "prove" it then say it cannot be proven. No reason to apologize for an open debate as I will not apologize for my opinion. Its a healthy conversation I think.

Usually you sign a player to a 7 to 8 year deal to lower the AAV. Thats the reality of 7 to 8 year deals and why they are usually reserved for star/superstar players. When they are given to just good players this is when the contract has negative value when you want to move it. I get most Montreal fans are happy to keep Anderson. He is a good player and saying his contract has negative value in a trade is not devaluing him. But this a a trade thread about Anderson going to New Jersey so that is where I see the value based on teams having to move long term contracts that were an over pay. He was traded for a cap dump and a 3rd just a year ago. He suddenly didn't change from a 30 to 40 point player to a 60 plus point player.

Bolded part is flawed. Not when your buying prime years. Sorry, Anderson's contract is not negative

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Another good player that I would love on a rental but when you come with an 8 year deal and gets injured often, no thanks.

Injured often? This injury he just had was his first since joining the Habs including a full cup run.

Toffoli for Pearson and a 7th. Pearson makes less than Toffoli so that helps the Habs.

How does that help the Habs? We could care less about our cap situation in the next 3 years or so

Reactions: Habs Halifax

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Injured often? This injury he just had was his first since joining the Habs including a full cup run.

How does that help the Habs? We could care less about our cap situation in the next 3 years or so

It's only 2nd year of a long term deal and he's already out for 8 weeks!

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yup. He had injury concerns with the jackets too.

So does that mean that you won’t offer MacKinnon a new contract? He’s injury prone and missed a lot of games in the past 4 years. Most likely going to be a negative contract by the time he signs it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad