In Memoriam Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
So sad. I had a close call when very young biking on the road , and for that reason I always used the sidewalk if one was there. If I had my way instead of spending millions to add bike lanes on roads I'd improve the sidewalks for safer biking. But that's just me. Prayers to his family.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s extremely dangerous being in a car on the road today considering the distracted driver epidemic. Never mind on a bike or motorcycle. Texting while driving is very common these days. Technology needs to step in, disable phones while the car is in motion. Automakers/ cellphone manufacturers should be forced to update their software
I still don't know why Apple CarPlay/Android Auto are not touted as safety features. I can throw my phone into the center console and close the console lid on it so I don't even see the phone. The phone sits on a wireless charging pad, and is connected through the car's infotainment system. I can make phone calls and send a voice text just by pushing a button on my steering wheel. Click a button on the steering wheel, "give me directions home." and off I go. My eyes never leave the road.

I agree that they could still do more though.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Impaired driving is increasing here, which is very disturbing. Several years ago, a car was driven right across our front lawn, stalled it before it hit the house. We were in the front room, ran outside. The guy was so drunk he didn't know where he was, the police arrived, sirens blaring, lights flashing...the guy says "oh great, now someone has parked behind me and I can't get out". He was driving while suspended and was triple over the limit.

Then, last summer, an impaired driver came roaring through (speed limit is 50KM) and hit a hydro pole a few houses down from us. Our daughter was out walking with her friend, our hearts just about exploded, luckily they were further down the street. He was killed instantly and miraculously, no one else was hurt.

I have no pity for impaired drivers - it should be treated as murder, never mind man slaughter. It is intentional to get in a vehicle and drive when you are over the limit. No mercy.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Heartbreaking. He seemed like a really good guy, and he was a pleasure to watch.

My heart goes out to his family. Two very young kids, a young wife. Senselessly killed on the eve of his sister’s wedding. I can’t imagine what they are going through.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad