In Memoriam Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Might be an unpopular take but I genuinely have sympathy for everybody involved, including the driver. He’s selfish and he deserves the sentence he’s going to get but at the end of the day he’s another traumatized veteran that saw combat and is dealing with behavioral/substance abuse issues. It’s truly a tragedy on multiple levels. Multiple sets of children lost their dads.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

The Iraq war veteran accused of killing Columbus Blue Jackets’ star Johnny Gaudreau and his younger brother in a drunk driving accident last month broke down in tears when he was denied bail Friday morning – as prosecutors revealed his history of road rage and drinking issues.

Sean Higgins, 43, became visibly upset when Judge Michael Silvanio ordered him to remain in jail until his trial.

Higgins, who appeared at the hearing virtually in jail-issued green clothing, was seen wiping away tears at multiple points in the proceedings, including when his attorneys defended him before the court.

I have this to say to this douchebag: You can just f*** right off with your "tears". You killed 2 people because you got behind the wheel of car while drunk and full of anger. I don't give a f*** about any personal demons you may be fighting. We all have issues but most of us at least have the common decency to not endanger the lives of others if we aren't doing enough to address them. You took the lives of 2 men who were husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, teammates & friends. Two women now have to raise their children without their fathers. The children will never know their dads except through the eyes of their mothers & grandparents. All because you are a selfish, self centered bastard.

:rant:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Might be an unpopular take but I genuinely have sympathy for everybody involved, including the driver. He’s selfish and he deserves the sentence he’s going to get but at the end of the day he’s another traumatized veteran that saw combat and is dealing with behavioral/substance abuse issues. It’s truly a tragedy on multiple levels. Multiple sets of children lost their dads.

It is worth noting that an estimated 7,000 plus Iraq and Afghanistan service members were killed in combat.

An estimated 30,000 plus active duty personnel and veterans of these post 9/11conflicts have died by suicide. Four times as many.

There is of course no excuse for the behavior and consequences of this man's actions. However, his military service and resultant trauma doubtless contributed to this tragedy.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad