In Memoriam Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
It is a sad world when someone like Peel has to get out there "first". To hell with the family and friends who may not have known, it is unforgiveable because someone leaked the info to Peel as well. Sometimes I hate this world and what it has become.
Social media has ruined us. All about “me, me, me” these days. Families are devastated and we have random people trying to be the first to report a tragedy. Some people have no compassion for others.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
IMG_0654.jpeg

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I still don't know why Apple CarPlay/Android Auto are not touted as safety features. I can throw my phone into the center console and close the console lid on it so I don't even see the phone. The phone sits on a wireless charging pad, and is connected through the car's infotainment system. I can make phone calls and send a voice text just by pushing a button on my steering wheel. Click a button on the steering wheel, "give me directions home." and off I go. My eyes never leave the road.

I agree that they could still do more though.
In my truck I can “talk to text” via Car Play. Incoming texts/ emails are read to me through my speakers if I feel I need to hear them. My point is, it shouldn’t be an option. It needs to be mandatory. Car Play technology is only as useful as the person who is driving. Similar to laws making it illegal to drink & drive. Idiots still get behind the wheel.

As soon as the vehicle is in motion the phone automatically becomes disabled, with only voice commands accessible in the event of emergencies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This is just sad and disgusting news at the same time. The person responsible should be locked up for good. It is very sad that these little kids will now grow up without their father. Alcohol and drugs, there should be no second chances. RIP Johnny and Matt. Prayers to their family, friends and others that were close to them.

Reactions: BMC and Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Man, this one is really getting to me.

I guess it's a combination of things that makes this so tough... him/his brother's age, their young wives and children, the context of the accident near his family home on what was supposed to be a joyous occasion, the avoidable nature of the deaths, and the type of high quality guys that the Gaudreau's seemed to be. It's just incredibly tragic.

I lost my older brother when he was 26. For me, aside from the initial grief, the hardest part about losing someone young is that once time passes you begin to think about what could have been. All the possible life outcomes and memories lost out on. In ways it gets easier with time but in a lot of other ways it only gets worse.

I really really feel for their family, and for what they will have to endure not only in the immediate future but for the rest of their lives. I wish them strength and am hopeful that everyone affected by this will get the support that they need. Will be rooting for CBJ this year whenever I see them play.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I guess it's a combination of things that makes this so tough... him/his brother's age, their young wives and children, the context of the accident near his family home on what was supposed to be a joyous occasion, the avoidable nature of the deaths, and the type of high quality guys that the Gaudreau's seemed to be. It's just incredibly tragic.

I lost my older brother when he was 26. For me, aside from the initial grief, the hardest part about losing someone young is that once time passes you begin to think about what could have been. All the possible life outcomes and memories lost out on. In ways it gets easier with time but in a lot of other ways it only gets worse.

I really really feel for their family, and for what they will have to endure not only in the immediate future but for the rest of their lives. I wish them strength and am hopeful that everyone affected by this will get the support that they need. Will be rooting for CBJ this year whenever I see them play.
Same here, I don't know why it's hitting so hard when it's people I've never met, but as you say, all the emotional angles are a lot to take in. And none of us are promised tomorrow.

Sorry about your brother :(

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Nearly 24 hours later from the actions of a drunk and still drinking driver.

What a combination of awful circumstances and grief in many layers for many people. Indeed the what if will always linger. I agree.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad