John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
As much as you can't totally put blame on Perry for what happened, he seems to be one of those players that puts themselves in a position where bad things seem to happen to opposing players. The fact remains he's a scummy player and the sooner he's out of the league the better.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Might be the worst injury I've seen in awhile. Prayers to Tavares.

Just an all around unfortunate accident.

Reactions: Sayba

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Leafs bench doesn’t think so.

He wouldn’t have to fight next shift otherwise

That fight was f***ing stupid. Hockey's a dangerous sport. Bad shit is going to happen from time to time, even when people are just trying to be as clean as possible on the play. This is one of those times. There are times when you need to send a message and go after the guy, this wasn't one of them.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
K wtf is the trainer doing getting him like that letting him fall backwards. What if his neck was injured.... Hope he was able to breath okay, always worry when stuff impacts near the throat like that. Thats f***ed up.

That's what I thought too but am obviously not a doctor/trainer. Aren't they supposed to stabilize the neck with as little movement as possible? The way he fell back partially conscious made me dizzy, can't imagine how his wife felt watching.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
When Tavares went limp I thought for a moment he was paralyzed and my heart sank man, that was scary. He wanted to get up after though so hopefully he'll be ok. Freak accident no doubt, anyone who think it was on purpose it out of their mind

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
For real though, you gotta feel bad for JT. Of all guys you dont want it to happen to.

Also, my respect for Matthews went way up after seeing his reaction for his teammate. I want that guy to win a cup in his career.

Reactions: jomas

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It means I loathe him and I still hope he is OK. As much I may dislike a player, I never wish/hope injury on anyone. With that being said, who you?
If you feel it being relevant in this context to say you dislike the injured player you need to go back to practicing your social skills...

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Holy f***. This is a potentially career ending injury. Thoughts are with Tavares. Also to Leaf fans...nobody wants this. This is terrible for hockey. Condolences.

Reactions: Sayba

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
As much as you can't totally put blame on Perry for what happened, he seems to be one of those players that puts themselves in a position where bad things seem to happen to opposing players. The fact remains he's a scummy player and the sooner he's out of the league the better.
what a ridiculous argument. watch the f***ing play. He's not able to avoid the chiarot/tavares collision. JT is right in his lane

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
What was the medical team doing trying to sit him up. Hope John is okay, that was an unfortunate accident.

Foligno was out of line there, very unnecessary fight.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Hey look

I get it was an accident, but Montreal came out saying they were going to play us rough all week, they were throwing their body around (it's playoffs I get it) but our captain goes down accidental hit and he goes down in such an awful way.. that shocks the whole bench.

Foligno did the right thing for his role... You came out rough, our captain is now gone... I don't give a f*** if it's accidental or not you gotta answer the bell now.. good on him (also good on Perry) accidental or not it's to send a message... If one of our guys goes down no matter what, you guys are paying the price it's playoffs.

I stand by Foligno on this one.

In retrospective, Foligno did the right thing. shake it off and get back to play.

I love Dubas

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm all for fighting in hockey. With that said, why the f*** does Perry need to answer for something that was clearly accidental?

That was the dumbest fight I've seen in hockey, maybe ever. Pure accident. Perry is a D-bag, but probably feels bad. You don't need to make him fight for that, and there's no, "Receipt" that needs to be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad