John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Yup, exactly what Foligno said, that’s your captain on the ice. Props to Perry for going through with it, even when his heart was obviously not into it. Allowed the game to return.

Agreed. i also liked how Perry skated over to JT and patted him on the leg for what ever thats worth to JT. you could obviously see the immediate concern from Perry after the hit happened. he looked back multiple times and you could see he was upset.

Im excited for what i think will be a great game on saturday.

fans saying this made them lose their interest in the series are clearly not true fans

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You can try to justify Foligno however you want dude, he still acted inappropriately and looks like a major clown for it. Sad that some think he was somehow in the right there...
Where did I say I think Foligno is in the right? I'm not even trying to justify his actions. Just commenting on the thought process behind the fight. I can see why it happened given how hockey works, the 'code', and the fact that it was JT going down.

Again - go listen to the Foligno post-game interview. His explanation makes sense to me, still doesn't mean I agree with him, but it adds up given the context of the situation.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Don't know why that second part needs to be stated right now, at a time like this, in this sort of conversation, but good for you, you've let us know that you're capable of at least enough objectivity to not accuse someone of trying to potentially kill someone else, despite that you "hate" them. I'm glad you're capable of that extremely bare bones level of objectivity at minimum. I take it your hate for him would typically make you incredibly biased, but this situation was so cut and dry you aren't even being biased, despite your overwhelming urge to be or something. So this is your whimsical way of adding impact to how strongly you feel it was an accident.
You're taking this way WAY too seriously.

Its a message board, what do you want, just 50 pages of people saying "get well soon" or "thoughts and prayers" ?

Jul 6, 2016
Where did I say I think Foligno is in the right? I'm not even trying to justify his actions. Just commenting on the thought process behind the fight. I can see why it happened given how hockey works, the 'code', and the fact that it was JT going down.

Again - go listen to the Foligno post-game interview. His explanation makes sense to me, still doesn't mean I agree with him, but it adds up given the context of the situation.

That fight was stupid. Plain and simple.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Ya know, this is putting the cart way in front of the horse.

That being said, sometimes wicked concussions, the ones that look the worst don't truly mean a long recovery time. And sometimes the silent ones where you wake up the next morning with a headache and there wasn't even a massively big hit on you in the game the night before can put you out for weeks.

out of the hospital is fantastic news either way!

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
That is beautiful news, I can't imagine how blessed he and his family feel right now. Hopefully the media stays away and leaves them alone. You Islanders fans can finally give it a rest too. :neener:
That is awesome news! Hope he gets back on his skates soon, though he should take all the time he needs and not rush back after such an accident. Still, great news.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
That fight was stupid. Plain and simple.
And I'd bet you'd be absolutely fine if they didn't fight and then one of the Leafs decided to take liberties with the Habs and blast one of their stars clean off the ice in retaliation for what happened to JT?

Accident or not, having a team playing with a bunch of raw emotion after seeing their captain get f***ing leveled so badly they had to stretcher him out of the rink and not having it blown off ASAP is a recipe for disaster.

Foligno, a veteran player, did what he had to do to control the bench and prevent the younger guys from making a bad decision. Perry, also a veteran player, took the fight and took his lumps to let Foligno both cool off the bench and prevent shit from escalating further.

Hell, they both agreed to it, it's not like Foligno was a f***ing Neanderthal and jumped Perry while he was still in shock over what happened.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
And I'd bet you'd be absolutely fine if they didn't fight and then one of the Leafs decided to take liberties with the Habs and blast one of their stars clean off the ice in retaliation for what happened to JT?

Accident or not, having a team playing with a bunch of raw emotion after seeing their captain get f***ing leveled so badly they had to stretcher him out of the rink and not having it blown off ASAP is a recipe for disaster.

Foligno, a veteran player, did what he had to do to control the bench and prevent the younger guys from making a bad decision. Perry, also a veteran player, accepted the fight and took his lumps to let Foligno both cool off the bench and prevent shit from escalating further. They both agreed to it, it's not like Foligno was a f***ing Neanderthal and jumped Perry while he was still in shock over what happened.
The fight is still stupid. If the Leafs had started running players in response that would also have been stupid.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Ya know, this is putting the cart way in front of the horse.

That being said, sometimes wicked concussions, the ones that look the worst don't truly mean a long recovery time. And sometimes the silent ones where you wake up the next morning with a headache and there wasn't even a massively big hit on you in the game the night before can put you out for weeks.

out of the hospital is fantastic news either way!
I actually thought the same thing. Sometimes it seems like actually getting knocked out has fewer lingering effects than some of these other seemingly milder concussions. Just hope Tavares is ok.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
If it was Joe Pavelski accidentally getting hit in the head it would have been a 5 minute major and four PP goals during it.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Can't believe Tavares is already out of the hospital after that brutal knee to the head, I thought for sure he would be spending more time in the hospital so this is awesome news! Watching Perry's post-game interview last night you could tell he was pretty upset about the whole thing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for JT.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I know the Toronto media can be known as being ruthless but you'd think yesterday would conjure up some sympathy at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad