John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Trainer is a nitwit

no trainer was trying to stabilize his neck while tavares was like "screw that im ok" and trying to get up totally ignoring the trainer

Pretty pathetic reaction from the leafs. Keefe going crazy, Foligno going after Perry. Are they gonna attack the rut in the ice if a leafs player blows out their knee skating over it?

they are only going off what they're seeing in realtime, no replay.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Foligno did the right thing for his role... You came out rough, our captain is now gone... I don't give a f*** if it's accidental or not you gotta answer the bell now.. good on him (also good on Perry) accidental or not it's to send a message... If one of our guys goes down no matter what, you guys are paying the price it's playoffs.

Interesting view. Same thing if someone gets injured by a deflected shot, must fight whoever deflected the puck?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I don’t think it was a revenge thing. It was a let’s just do this in case it escalates and someone else gets hurt thing.
Hurt. In a fight. You run a guy, I get it. There are rules in place ... oh right, the NHL is more than just a little selective in application of the rule book ... to deal with with Foligno did. As CBC talks about "the code", and as they try and justify Foligno's pov, you see everything that is wrong with "the code".

Reactions: MXD and HabsQC

MattMartin

Crypto Dbag™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
If you feel it being relevant in this context to say you dislike the injured player you need to go back to practicing your social skills...

I'm not quite understanding that everyone left out that I said.....

Horrible to see
Hope he is OK
Never like to see anyone injured, especially like that

I guess if you gloss over that and have a CNN approach to critical thinking, than yes, You're right.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't think Perry meant to knee him in the head but I definitely think he meant to skate by and give him a bump. He had plenty of time to avoid him.
He had zero time to avoid him. He wasn’t even looking at him. That’s ridiculous. Stop watching everything in slo mo.

as for the trainer it looked like Tavares wanted up and then passed out, the trainer was just along for the ride. He isn’t going to pull him down to the ice to keep him down. JT was likely talking to him as well saying he was ok and good to get up even though he was actually a shit show, hockey players hate being on the ice hurt.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Inserting an idiotic buzzword into witnessing something terrifying transpire like a traumatic brain injury probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Hopefully John Tavares recovers and suffers no lasting effects from this. Hockey, and sports in general, pale in comparison to the quality of life these human beings should be afforded after their careers are over.

I meant I usually don’t get disturbed watching stuff lol bad choice of words maybe I guess

Mar 12, 2009
Pretty pathetic reaction from the leafs. Keefe going crazy, Foligno going after Perry. Are they gonna attack the rut in the ice if a leafs player blows out their knee skating over it?
is it possible to be born this stupid, or have you taken several blows to the head like tavares just did over your life? very curious

Reactions: jomas

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
what a ridiculous argument. watch the f***ing play. He's not able to avoid the chiarot/tavares collision. JT is right in his lane
The hell is he doing skating back directly through that lane in the first place dimwit?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think Perry meant to knee him in the head but I definitely think he meant to skate by and give him a bump. He had plenty of time to avoid him.

lol...Yeah..,he had plenty of time....when you watch the game sitting down on your couch...while watching the replay in slow motion.....

He had no time. Chiarot hit him, JT fell down ackwardly, Perry either get his skate on his face or try to avoid him. He tried the best he could. Freakin accident.

Everybody sane knows it was an accident. And watching Perry all year for us, he's not the feisty Perry he once was.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm all for fighting in hockey. With that said, why the f*** does Perry need to answer for something that was clearly accidental?

That was the dumbest fight I've seen in hockey, maybe ever. Pure accident. Perry is a D-bag, but probably feels bad. You don't need to make him fight for that, and there's no, "Receipt" that needs to be given.
Foligno also doesn't have the multiple angles and replays we do. Clearly the emotions were high.

Quit being dramatic.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad