John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Horrifying stuff. My mind definitely went to the worst conclusion when I saw him try to get back up and go out cold again. Dubas’ reaction says it all.

I really hope he’s okay. It’s gunna be really hard to get into the rest of the game as a Leafs fan now. Seems secondary until we get an update on Tavares.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
This was clearly accidental. I’ve hated Perry for years and even I can see that. He shouldn’t have even had to fight, but I do understand why Foligno did it.
Freak accident, awful situation all around.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I don't think Perry meant to knee him in the head but I definitely think he meant to skate by and give him a bump. He had plenty of time to avoid him.

I disagree, he’s not even looking. I hate Corey Perry and hate Toronto. It was a freak accident and I hope Tavares is not seriously hurt. It’s possible the stretcher and whatnot are precautionary.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Hurt. In a fight. You run a guy, I get it. There are rules in place ... oh right, the NHL is more than just a little selective in application of the rule book ... to deal with with Foligno did. As CBC talks about "the code", and as they try and justify Foligno's pov, you see everything that is wrong with "the code".
Kevin is also right about how it’s gonna be a long series with high intensity and every shift Tavares misses is a constant reminder of what happened. The intensity and hostility will only increase so IMO Foligno let Perry off the hook and said “let’s just do this now and not let it boil over down the road”.

Reactions: Korg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Foligno also doesn't have the multiple angles and replays we do. Clearly the emotions were high.

Quit being dramatic.

Dramatic is pretending that it wasn't obviously an accident from the moment it happened.

It's pretty obvious.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Foligno also doesn't have the multiple angles and replays we do. Clearly the emotions were high.

Quit being dramatic.

He had like 10 minutes to go grab one of his team's dozen ipads and watch the play for himself. Stop making excuses. It was a dumbass reaction to an accidental play.

Reactions: HabsQC

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Also, yes, the fight was dumb, but if you think Foligno in outlier or an island unto himself, and the same nonsense doesn't happen if it were the other way around.....

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The way he crumbled when he got to his knees reminds me of my 4 year old daughter when she's asked to sit up at the table.

Scary stuff, hopefully he's okay.

It reminded me of guys trying to stand after Mike Tyson knocked them out.

I seriously hope he's ok. Miracle if comes out with only a mild concussion.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The trainer of toronto who sat Tavares should be fire
He didn't sit him up, Tavares was trying to get up by himself, and the trainer was trying to support his head. I'm sure he was telling him to stay still, but with the chock and adrenaline, Tavares was just out of it and trying to get up on his own.

Reactions: ChikN

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Dramatic is pretending that it wasn't obviously an accident from the moment it happened.

It's pretty obvious.
Again, Foligno doesn't have the multiple angles and replays we do. He seen it in real time, and was also on the ice at the time.

It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad