John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stupid fight, obviously Perry had no intent and probably feels awful. Trash response from the Leafs.
Sorry, but we in the West have seen Perry's act for way too long for us to be anything but suspicious about any incident involving him. He is a dirty player.

Reactions: yort2010

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
He gave the thumbs up. This is good. You see people get knocked out like this in MMA. He likely is out for 6 + months. Hope it's not too bad man. Made me sick.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
It's cool to just say I hope he's okay, btw. No one will take away your fan card if you don't preface it with the fact you're usually not a fan but you hope he doesn't have a effing skull fracture.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Again, Foligno doesn't have the multiple angles and replays we do. He seen it in real time, and was also on the ice at the time.

It happens.

I'm sure he didn't look up at a single replay they were showing the whole time it took Tavares to get loaded up. :help:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
stop with this narrative. The islanders are currently playing a playoff game. Go check our GDT. As soon as it was posted you will see the majority of isles fans and posters hoping he’s ok.
So about wishing harm on him signing here years ago...now it's okay because he looked like he was dead and you guys wish him the best?

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Perry's collision with Tavares was unintentional.

Unfortunately, Perry's reputation is that of a dirty player who runs into goalies accidentally on purpose etc., and in the heat of the moment it's natural to jump to conclusions.

Here it was a clean play by a dirty player. If it had been Nazem Kadri, he would have drawn the same reaction from anyone who didn't see the whole play.

It was also obvious that Perry immediately reacted with concern and compassion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartcal

pidgeonwatcher

Oct 16, 2019
Hope that trainer never touches a player again, jesus what a terrible rookie error that could have made things sooo much worse

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm sure he didn't look up at a single replay they were showing the whole time it took Tavares to get loaded up. :help:
I mean, he may not have?

If he did, the replay may have been slowed down like the majority are.

Weird attempt at a rebuttal. I'm not wrong, players aren't jumping over themselves to watch a replay of their captain who is currently unconscious on the ice.

Again, you're being overly dramatic over a fight. There are more important things to be concerned over.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Pretty sure Tavaras was knocked out. First response when coming to is to get back up - it's a survival thing. Trainer can't stop that.

Again, f***in experts in this thread
Its annoying listening to all the internet doctors here. You dont think the leafs will have an actual team of experts review the medical teams response? None of us were there. Leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad