John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I legit got scared he might be dying in front of our eyes. Let’s just hope this will not affect his life and career moving fwd.

Yeah one of the scarier things I have seen in sports. Lets all hope that it has a similar "happy ending" like the Malarchuk accident did who was back on the ice after 10 days and that Tavares will make a full recovery in the near future...

That said. I still don't quite understand what the doctor was doing there letting him attempt to get up after a hit like that. Hope it didn't make anything worse..

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
god damn I feel ill. I'm no doctor but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a skull fracture. Man I hope he is okay. gezuz.... I can't imagine being a family member and seeing that

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Give it up already. That happened so fast. And Foligno should be gone for instigating a pointless fight. Let's get revenge for a completely accidental blow to head by having a fight and throwing punches. It's idiotic.
I don’t think it was a revenge thing. It was a let’s just do this in case it escalates and someone else gets hurt thing.

Reactions: Oneiro

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
That was a UFC grade knee to the head. Scary injury. Zero percent intentional. If the Leafs didn't have a complex about grit/sandpaper they probably don't respond that way. But the way they microscope everything in Toronto, if the Leafs lost this game after that, the story would be about the lack of push back, so I get it. It's easier to respond this way when it really wasn't necessary than to not respond this way at all.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Woah that was one of the scarier injuries and reactions I can recall seeing, hopefully he’s ok

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Said this in the GDT, but with the way the trainer had his hand on the neck, the blood... the way JT slumped over backwards and went limp.

I genuinely almost hurled. I was convinced we just saw someone die on the ice. I'm still sick to my damn stomach.

Not to get too graphic but seeing his eyes roll back in complete daze and the blood i almost had a panic attack. Having said that the thumbs up was great to see.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Terrible to see.

Hope he is okay. But that accidental hit will probably destroy all the intensity between the two teams.

How can you play after something like that.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
why do I get the feeling he is going to return in a month and a 1/2 and pull a Stamkos

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Perry is at as much fault as the guy backchecking behind him, blame the guy hitting him instead. Freak accident

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Damn so scary. Hope JT is ok and doesn’t miss much time

Nice to see Perry tap and say something to JT when he was on the stretcher. That was completely accidental

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It's been a long time I don't see a scene like that, him falling on his back was a very impactful image.
I hope he takes all the time needed to recover from this and hope it doesn't go any further than a temporary injury.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Still can't believe how big of babies the leafs are to go after Perry for that

Still can't believe people don't see that fight as a reset. It has nothing to do with going after Perry and is more about giving each team a reset. How do you just go out and play after seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad