John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fighting in hockey is a controversial topic. Sometimes emotion boils over, and I think we all get up from our seats to watch those brawls. But no matter what Foligno said and how it might make sense to the players, imagine watching that stuff as a casual fan. That was an embarrassing moment for the sport.

That said, it's over and done, and people should focus on discussing the health and hopefully full recovery for JT.

Reactions: Dicky113

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
So if I compare the incident to a real life situatuon like......

if you accidently lose control of your car and cut me off and I ramm you and cause an injury to your sibling, you jump out and say yo i know this was an accident but dud I have to beat you up now to stand up to what you did to my sibling?

Makes no fricken sense

Reactions: Puckclektr

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I guess good on Perry for taking the request. Probably shouldn't have but he fought that washed grinder out of respect for Tavares.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I think Foligno was stretching the limits of what is an appropriate response. Whatever, Perry obliged as he thought it necessary. Case closed. Now can someone explain to me what Simmonds was up to later on?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
You lead with how idiotic it was and follow it up with "Maybe Foligno should have been worried about JT's well-being". Come on man, the whole team was worried, Foligno included. You never want to see an incident like that happen to anyone, let alone your captain.

Again, I don't think the fight was about being week, if you listened post-game, Foligno said he told Perry he knew the incident was an accident but he still needed to fight because it's their captain. I guess Foligno felt like he needed to follow the 'code' in this unique situation. To suggest he didn't care about JT's well-being is just an unfortunate take, to say the least.
If you witnessed a car accident with a good friend of yours getting hurt, total freak accident, would you run up, grab the other driver and start swinging?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Wanted to post that too!

Probably the worst disrespectful headline ive seen toward a sport incident
it's journal de Mtl, they are shit and sensationalist, really pissing me off to have such a terrible media represent the whole province.

Quebecor is cancerous.

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
If you witnessed a car accident with a good friend of yours getting hurt, total freak accident, would you run up, grab the other driver and start swinging?
How are people like this allowed here? It diminishes the credibility of this place being an educated hockey forum

Reactions: robertmac43

PWB

Dreaming of Donuts
Jan 31, 2006
I don’t like fighting in general and dislike it in particular in reaction to a clean hit or as a reset for a flailing effort. I hate Perry. But this made sense to me. And Perry was nothing but class.

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005

if you accidently lose control of your car and cut me off and I ramm you and cause an injury to your sibling, you jump out and say yo i know this was an accident but dud I have to beat you up now to stand up to what you did to my sibling?

Makes no fricken sense

... why would we ever compare it to that though, that doesn’t make any sense. There’s fighting in hockey.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
... why would we ever compare it to that though, that doesn’t make any sense. There’s fighting in hockey.

And now we get in the reason why some people think fighting should be banned.

It's tolerance is used as an argument to justify a pointless fight meant to indulge a side's toxic masculinity. "I have to fight you, even if it looks stupid and we just hug the entire time"

Reactions: Puckclektr

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wow, that's an extreme and uncalled-for comparison. Not going to go down this route...

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
My point is the fight was useless and whatever Foligno said to justify it made so sense either. Its an accident, not a cheap shot.

Of course it was useless and of course it was an accident.

Am I the only one thinking people are making way too big of a thing out of this? Foligno is a disgrace to the game? Like wha? He asked a guy to go, guy said yes, was a nothing fight. Was it silly? Sure. But guys have fought for a lot sillier reasons than the aftermath of watching a teammate be stretchered off, accident or no.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
And now we get in the reason why some people think fighting should be banned.

It's tolerance is used as an argument to justify a pointless fight meant to indulge a side's toxic masculinity. "I have to fight you, even if it looks stupid and we just hug the entire time"
I don’t like fighting, I don’t care if it goes away and never comes back.

But comparing it to a car accident? lol, what? Just bizarre.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Makes no fricken sense

It's more like someone hits your car, you lose control and go into my lane and then I hit you.

"Bruh why didn't you move out of the way????? Must have been on purpose!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad