John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
As a fan of the Leafs I really appreciate all the kind words being offered by rival fans, it goes to show that we love the game, our teams, but even more that we respect the players when something like this happens. I know HFB gets cranky at times, but I'd really like to thank those who've recognized that this is a case of the game coming in second place to the well being of the player. Get well soon, JT.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
If anyone watches that video and comes away with the opinion that Perry was intentionally trying to hurt Tavares last night is insane. That was a complete accident.

Any other player involved I guarantee the same people wouldn't be saying the same thing. It's only an issue cause it's Perry. Some of you people need to recognize the speed of the game and how that hit played out. Not every hit that results in injury is intentional. You can just tell by Perry's reaction too that he didn't intend on injuring him.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
The best selling paper in Montreal elected this photo on the front page

E14mBDIXMAIr_82

absolutely disgusting

This is the same newspaper that regularly features car accidents on the front page.

McDankeyKang

Apr 17, 2021
As a fan of the Leafs I really appreciate all the kind words being offered by rival fans, it goes to show that we love the game, our teams, but even more that we respect the players when something like this happens. I know HFB gets cranky at times, but I'd really like to thank those who've recognized that this is a case of the game coming in second place to the well being of the player. Get well soon, JT.
Absolutely. Shit like this reminds you that it really is just a game. Team rivalries are kind of like sibling rivalry; we'll pull each other's hair when mom's not watching, but we're still family.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Foligno is a punk and he does have a history (suspension in 2019). Of course he starts a fight over accident.
Never liked him.
It was an accident, yes. But Foligno is still going to stand up for his team, especially since the Leaf players couldn't see a replay of the hit. Completely understandable on why they did it.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Yepp seriously. Perrys mind probably went something like this, starting before the hit; "- I have played long enough to know that when our big defender (Chariot) is going to hit that smaller TO-forward he is going to fly, som Im accidently going to skate right there, to give him an extra nasty bump for good messures, and best of all, its going to look purely accidental.. - Oops he got injured badly, how unfortunate. "
Stop looking at this with bias and look at it objectively.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yepp seriously. Perrys mind probably went something like this, starting before the hit; "- I have played long enough to know that when our big defender (Chariot) is going to hit that smaller TO-forward he is going to fly, som Im accidently going to skate right there, to give him an extra nasty bump for good messures, and best of all, its going to look purely accidental.. - Oops he got injured badly, how unfortunate. "

I bet you think you can score a goal in the NHL too.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I though he was hit by a blade at first and when he keeled over bleeder my face went white, wife cried. Scary stuff.

Anyone have an update other than he’s at the hospital?

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a hockey player look like that, when he is on his knees trying to get up. Scary stuff.

Hope he will be fine.

Reactions: KapG

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
so you clearly said it happend fast but anything involving Perry makes you wonder if its accidental or not? are you f in serious? I no longer take this place seriously anymore because of comments like this.

Let me tell you.

From the time Perry took the original hit to the moment his face got kneed by Perry, all that happened within less then 1 second. I F in kid you not. Happened within 1 second. So in other words by the time Tavares is falling onto the ice, there is no way Perry has that time frame to decide he wants to injure Tavares in the face because by as he is falling Tavares is still facing the other direction if anything Corey Perry the old man he is today, is probably thinking time to hit the bench for line change OH DAMN BODY FALLING IN MY DIRECTION BETTER JUMP out of the way or else I will wipe out.

It's accidental. Sorry to see this happen. It's also their team captain. I can imagine if Bo Horvat went down with an injury.

Team's gotta move on.
Not to mention Perry was looking up ice, and not. watching Tavares fall and adjusting his path to knee him in the head. Tavares feel then slid into Perry’s path, y the time perry, the only path was up and over to avoid a hit.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Get well JT. Very scary few moments especially when he passed out on his knees and fell backwards. This was 100% accidental and just a horrible moment and unfortunately stuff like this happens in a sport that's played at such a high speed. Let's put our fandom aside on this one and all just hope for a speedy full recovery not for the Maple Leafs player but for the person John Tavares.........

Reactions: Petrus

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
The best selling paper in Montreal elected this photo on the front page

E14mBDIXMAIr_82
Sigh. The guy responsible for writing the synopsis clearly tried to make up for it. Mentions the victory is "darkened" / "tainted" by Tavares injury.

The picture choice is definetly sensationalist crap in bad taste. I hate this medium sometimes.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Hoping Tavares is ok. I thought Foligno made himself look like a complete asshat. It was purely accidental, nobody should have to answer for that. Perry showed some class, went over gave him a tap and it should have ended there. The mood was somber and you could tell Perry's thoughts weren't in the game and all of a sudden he needs to fight for something he had no control over. Absolutely unecessary and isn't a precedent the NHL wants to set. Guys will have to start answering for things like tripping over someones stick..nonsense. It backfired on Foligno more than anyone, Perry certainly didn't come out of that looking like the bad guy, Foligno did. Glad the Leafs lost because of it.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Hoping Tavares is ok. I thought Foligno made himself look like a complete asshat. It was purely accidental, nobody should have to answer for that. Perry showed some class, went over gave him a tap and it should have ended there. The mood was somber and you could tell Perry's thoughts weren't in the game and all of a sudden he needs to fight for something he had no control over. Absolutely unecessary and isn't a precedent the NHL wants to set. Guys will have to start answering for things like tripping over someones stick..nonsense. It backfired on Foligno more than anyone, Perry certainly didn't come out of that looking like the bad guy, Foligno did. Glad the Leafs lost because of it.

Yes, Perry would never do anything that would put the health and safety of another player in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad