John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I’m making my assessment on a hockey play on a hockey forum. Like I do most nights. But sure I’m coping.. even though I don’t even like the Leafs nor want them to win this series. You’ve officially resorted to personal attacks in your defence of the noble Corey Perry. Why you taking things so personally? Does it matter to you that much that someone thinks Corey Perry of all people is a dirty player?
Two things can be true at the same time but be totally unrelated you know. Such as this being 100% total accident snd Cory Perry having a past with some dirty plays.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
It was an accident, yes. But Foligno is still going to stand up for his team, especially since the Leaf players couldn't see a replay of the hit. Completely understandable on why they did it.

They didn't need to see a replay because they were 10 feet away when it happened. Are you telling me that the same players that can see a puck go in and out of the net at 100 mph from the bench couldn't see this?

"Stand up for your teammate" even though you know it was an accident? What sense does that make? It was a freak play. If someone carrying a tray of food trips and spills it are they going to have line brawl?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
This really needs to be closed before the rhetoric gets out of hand.

1 - It was clearly an accident.

2 - Foligno clearly stated why he did what he did post game.

That's all that needs to be said.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This really needs to be closed before the rhetoric gets out of hand.

1 - It was clearly an accident.

2 - Foligno clearly stated why he did what he did post game.

That's all that needs to be said.

I don't think there are many folks debating that.....maybe a few homers or Perry haters who actually believe it was intentional.

But the vast majority are aware of what really happened.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Still can't believe people don't see that fight as a reset. It has nothing to do with going after Perry and is more about giving each team a reset. How do you just go out and play after seeing that.
This has to be the most ridiculous and idiotic justification I've ever seen. Maybe Foligno should have been worried about JT's wellbeing instead of picking an unnecessary and completely out of line fight. Toronto just has a complex about looking "weak" apparently...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This has to be the most ridiculous and idiotic justification I've ever seen. Maybe Foligno should have been worried about JT's wellbeing instead of picking an unnecessary and completely out of line fight. Toronto just has a complex about looking "weak" apparently...

Oh come on. :laugh:

If Perry had taken out Bergeron in the exact same way, you know damn well some random plug on the Bruins would've gone after him like Foligno did.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Very unfortunate and very hard to watch. Went from despising the Leafs to feeling for em.

Nothing could be harder to do than play a physical high energy game after watching a teammate suffer like that.

Really puts a dimmer on what was a very long awaited rivalry. Hopefully its not nearly as severe as it looked and John will fully recover from it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just rewatching the play again and why the hell did the medical staffer try to sit Tavares up right away, :shakehead ridiculous

Thats the first thing , after initial shock, that came to my mind.

WTF is this guy doing.

Lots of guys( sports, car accidents, etc) will instinctively say, “Im OK”...but a responder should react with “ sure...
Just stay put for a minute and lets check you out”.

And yes, when I wore a younger man’s clothesI was an EMT.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I think it was more of JT trying to get up, the medical staffer has to assess what injuries he could have.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Obviously an accident
Foligno embarrassed himself (way to make a mockery of an incredibly serious incident with some Vince McMahon WWE bullshit. What a tool.
Really hope JT is ok. Reminded me of the Bergeron incident. the thumbs up suggests to me we are looking at severe concussion but not long term paralysis/career ending shit.
Get better soon JT

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
What a **** move from Foligno to fight Perry who felt really miserable after the accident. Humiliating Perry in that way was absolutely uncalled for.

I feel really sorry for Perry and hope Tavares recovers fast from what looked like a nightmare!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You lead with how idiotic it was and follow it up with "Maybe Foligno should have been worried about JT's well-being". Come on man, the whole team was worried, Foligno included. You never want to see an incident like that happen to anyone, let alone your captain.

Again, I don't think the fight was about being week, if you listened post-game, Foligno said he told Perry he knew the incident was an accident but he still needed to fight because it's their captain. I guess Foligno felt like he needed to follow the 'code' in this unique situation. To suggest he didn't care about JT's well-being is just an unfortunate take, to say the least.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Obviously an accident
Foligno embarrassed himself (way to make a mockery of an incredibly serious incident with some Vince McMahon WWE bullshit. What a tool.
Really hope JT is ok. Reminded me of the Bergeron incident. the thumbs up suggests to me we are looking at severe concussion but not long term paralysis/career ending shit.
Get better soon JT
rich for bruins fans to come in with these bullshit takes. Your team has been dirty for years. Most of y'all thought the chara hit on max pac was legit so I mean ....

trash take.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I don't think Foligno made a mockery of himself or the game. I think all teams would have felt the need to defend their captain. I think Perry handled the situation perfectly, too. From the players' perspective there was a gray area to address, and they got that out of the way. You could say that Foligno erred on the side of caution and that Perry, though not guilty, understood the circumstance and did his part to actually defuse the situation. I think that's pretty much how hockey works at the NHL level, for better or for worse.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
That's scary. The way JT crumpled reminded me of Mirko CroCop getting headkicked by Gabriel Gonzaga. Mirko was never the same after that and he collapsed onto mats not a sheet of ice

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
It kinda blows watching your captain be taken off the ice in a stretcher 10 minutes into the first playoff game and all any opposing teams seem to want to do is get angry at Foligno for asking Perry to fight which he said yes to and it was a nothing fight? Sure, the fight was completely pointless and silly, but I’m sure it was emotional watching your teammate not able to get up, is it too much to ask to just move on?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
That's scary. The way JT crumpled reminded me of Mirko CroCop getting headkicked by Gabriel Gonzaga. Mirko was never the same after that and he collapsed onto mats not a sheet of ice

huge ufc fan myself, haven’t missed a card in 10 years. Have seen plenty of brutal KOs they all come back.

I think JT will be just fine but they gotta give him the proper time off. Biggest difference between hockey player concussions and UFC concussions. UFC guys when they get KO’ed back get a 30 to 90 day mandatory suspension where they aren’t allowed to even train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad