John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Funny, I do not recall any Oilers starting a fight with Giordano, who has a history of taking peoples knees out, for nearly ending McDavid's career. They believed it was an accident and accidents do not merit fights. Apparently the code has changed suddenly if you are a Leaf and have a tiny brain like Foligno.

If you ask me this was Foligno grandstanding in front of his new teammates.

In all of this hopefully Tavares is ok.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Anybody who has ever skated before in their lives can pretty much determine what happened on that play.
Anybody that have watched alot of Corey Perry playing hockey over the years sadly knows that this could very well be intentional.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Noted that it was possibility and noted that no one will ever truly know Perry’s intent.
I know Perry’s intent and despite what you want to believe I would be willing to wager a year’s salary that the last thing he wanted was to injury JT.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Anybody that have watched alot of Corey Perry playing hockey over the years sadly knows that this could very well be intentional.
I’ve watched him play for over twenty years and there is zero chance this is intentional.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just brutal for Tavares. The play happened fast and I hate to say it, but anything involving Perry makes me wonder if it was accidentally on purpose.

so you clearly said it happend fast but anything involving Perry makes you wonder if its accidental or not? are you f in serious? I no longer take this place seriously anymore because of comments like this.

Let me tell you.

From the time Perry took the original hit to the moment his face got kneed by Perry, all that happened within less then 1 second. I F in kid you not. Happened within 1 second. So in other words by the time Tavares is falling onto the ice, there is no way Perry has that time frame to decide he wants to injure Tavares in the face because by as he is falling Tavares is still facing the other direction if anything Corey Perry the old man he is today, is probably thinking time to hit the bench for line change OH DAMN BODY FALLING IN MY DIRECTION BETTER JUMP out of the way or else I will wipe out.

It's accidental. Sorry to see this happen. It's also their team captain. I can imagine if Bo Horvat went down with an injury.

Team's gotta move on.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
too everyone who thinks this was intentional.

From the time Tavares took the original hit to the moment Perry's knees made contact with a falling Tavares, all that HAPPENED WITHIN 1 DAMN SECOND that's how fast it was!

There is no way Perry would have made the decision to want to injure Perry because he didn't even see it coming in the first place because it happened so quickly. So stop blaming Corey Perry guys! If anything he wanted to avoid him! look at the replay yourself. less then one second.

Anyone else who still thinks its on purpose.... you guys are fools.

Reactions: ItWasJustified

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The best selling paper in Montreal elected this photo on the front page

E14mBDIXMAIr_82
absolutely disgusting

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I know Perry’s intent and despite what you want to believe I would be willing to wager a year’s salary that the last thing he wanted was to injury JT.
We'll never know that. I dont think he had the time to see that it was Tavares, I do know the on ice Corey Perry though. Its in his game to do bad stuff to other players during the flow of the game, and often get away with it un-penalized. You want to argue that?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We'll never know that. I dont think he had the time to see that it was Tavares, I do know the on ice Corey Perry though. Its in his game to do bad stuff to other players during the flow of the game, and often get away with it un-penalized. You want to argue that?
If you honestly think that was his MO then it’s honestly not worth my time.

Hockey Joe

Dec 18, 2007
Montreal
Strides and glides TOWARDS a falling Tavares head that turns around towards Perry’s knee in a split second. The face hit may have been unavoidable, but going anywhere near Tavares upper body was avoidable.

I think it's the other way around. Tavares fell into Perry's skating line and the collision is unavoidable. Then Perry moves to the right to avoid Tavares' head just as Tavares turns his head and extends his neck. If Perry doesn't make that move to the right, he might have clipped him instead of hitting his head straight on.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Apparently the code has changed suddenly if you are a Leaf and have a tiny brain like Foligno.
According to HNIC they didn't show the situation in the arena. And if Foligno didn't see it in real time I can see how he thinks he has to stand up for his teammates.
[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

ijuka

May 14, 2016

From the time Tavares took the original hit to the moment Perry's knees made contact with a falling Tavares, all that HAPPENED WITHIN 1 DAMN SECOND that's how fast it was!

There is no way Perry would have made the decision to want to injure Perry because he didn't even see it coming in the first place because it happened so quickly. So stop blaming Corey Perry guys! If anything he wanted to avoid him! look at the replay yourself. less then one second.

Generally, yeah, it would be considered an accident. But Corey Perry's earned his reputation. If there was one person who I'd expect to "accidentally" not avoid impact quite as much as possible it's him. More than anyone else in the entire league.

These "oops, accident"-incidents are his trademark.

Now, I'm not saying it's intentional either. But it would be completely unsurprising if it was.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

I honestly thought after seeing the collision that no one could be so stupid to claim that it was intentional or planned. I guess I was wrong...

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I was watching the game live and the play moved so fast all you saw was Tavares go down and a Hab skate into him. My first thought watching the play was he caught a skate. When they panned to him and he was struggling I thought I watched a player die on the ice., it was that bad.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Perry left his feet for the hit

Correction: He left his feet to avoid taking Tavaras and possibly making it worse. Imagine if instead of his knee, JT collides with Perry's skate. You also have to consider Perry himself could be injured having not expected JT to tumble right in his path.

You're basically expecting a human being to have a faster reaction time than a computer. I get it's Perry and he's been a scumbag most of his career but he wasn't here.

Reactions: Bartcal

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

seems people assume perry is always skating with intention to injure someone, so he did not have to decide in the split second, he knew already. Its laughable, really.

hope tavares will be ok

HockeyFinn

Feb 11, 2019
Hockey players play with instincts. They have to make split second decisions constantly on the ice, if they don’t they’re too slow for NHL. Most of the time you don’t have one second to decide what to do.

Probably Perry didn’t mean to hurt JT, maybe it was too quick to avoid the hit but too often for him it has been the purpose to make it look as he had no option. When you play like this your whole career, maybe the instinct tells to touch the guy a bit?

Also ppl saying that Perry must feel awul about the hit. Sure, i don’t know how he feels, but when he does this shit on purpose and doesnt feel bad about it, does he now feel bad as he didnt do it on purpose?

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
seems people assume perry is always skating with intention to injure someone, so he did not have to decide in the split second, he knew already. Its laughable, really.

hope tavares will be ok
Yepp seriously. Perrys mind probably went something like this, starting before the hit; "- I have played long enough to know that when our big defender (Chariot) is going to hit that smaller TO-forward he is going to fly, som Im accidently going to skate right there, to give him an extra nasty bump for good messures, and best of all, its going to look purely accidental.. - Oops he got injured badly, how unfortunate. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad