John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I love tough, hard hitting hockey but this was just dumb, that "fight" was embarrassing. I think the last thing Perry wanted at that point was to land a lucky punch and hurt Foligno.

I got the same feeling as well. I get the idea behind it but it seemed forced and unecessary.

Reactions: Sentinel

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Tipping pucks is a developed skill but skating and deciding what direction to go in is not?

You say Tavares getting hit and falling is ad hoc and cannot be predicted. Yet hits happen all the time and falls happen all the time and players have seen it happen and the results 1000s of times in their career. And they’ve seen it with peripheral and direct vision to the play, being able to predict outcomes both ways.

Your reasoning to discount my view that a historically dirty player did another dirty play boiled down to reaction time analysis and determining what plays can and cannot be made using peripheral view. I don’t bring up those points to “prove” Perry made an intentional hit, they are only brought up because you brought them up first. So no, I didn’t use those as a basis for my argument only as a basis to my counter points.

At the end of the day, I will admit I 100% cannot prove intent on this. No one can read minds. What we are left with is past history and that players character, and if you look at that, everything points to another typical stupid and dangerous Perry play.
Jesus, it's like you think the game is being played in a bubble hockey machine with players having the ability to a stop on a dime.

You think because of Perry's professional hockey experience he can predict which way Tavares was going to fall, at which angle, and which height, and then be able to switch paths instantaneously, hoping he doesn't blink at any moment in that time.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
I have a problem with that crap from Foligno. It was terrible to see what happened to Tavares but it was glaringly obvious that Perry did not intend to hit him. Trying to fight a guy for something that is just a casualty of playing a high speed game is just poor sportsmanship, IMO.
He just took out their captain, intentional or not

obviously if it was intentional the game would have gotten more chippy, but they fought and moved on

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Tavares getting to his knees and tilting back the way he did was awfully scary. Get well soon

I missed the play live, but I when I looked at the TV that was the first thing I saw - on his knees with the trainer, blood on his face and looking like he feinted collapsing backwards awith that scared/helpless look on his face. I thought he took a skate blade to the neck. That was scary as f***.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Now that we got some positive news I feel more cautiously optimistic that he’ll be able to make a full recovery. John’s very tough and loves hockey and I have no doubt he’ll come back stronger than ever

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hardest part was him trying to get up on his own. totally accidental. Hope he recovers.

As a team the leafs will rally. Shit like this happens and they will have to forge forward at all costs. Guys will have to step up with the loss of the captain. Same situation in miami with ekblad being out.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
He didn't even attempt to throw a punch.
Except he won that fight pretty handily.

I agree it was a pure accident and there was nothing Perry could do to avoid it.
I agree that fight was unnecessary. Leafs don't need to fight Perry to get it out of their system. Their coach should have said: "Guys, this was clearly an accident, no need to retaliate, let's move on and win the game."

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Leafs fan here, they better ****ING not! His health >>>>>>>>≥> hockey at any capacity. I really hope he's not rushed back. And further, I hope the org refuses to let him rush back *if* he tries.
I agree. People are wishing him a speedy recovery, and I'm definitely being pedantic, and they don't mean it that way, but I don't hope for a speedy recovery, but the RIGHT recovery... however long it takes. This is his brain, who he is as a person. The secondary effects from concussions can be worse than the initial ones. He could suffer another concussion easily, even just from whiplash if they don't allow his brain to completely heal. For his family and for himself, take the time to make sure he is ok.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I am. But I’m not the Leafs. Just a dude talking hockey. Who saw a play and has an opinion on it no matter how unpopular that opinion may be.

Have all the opinions you want, but you sure are asserting an awfully lot of thing to be factual that aren’t actually remotely true.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Have all the opinions you want, but you sure are asserting an awfully lot of thing to be factual that aren’t actually remotely true.
Its all opinion. I can’t read Perry’s mind in that moment and no one else can. But that doesn’t stop people from giving Perry the absolute guaranteed pass. I could see a possibility where that play can be intentional. And I know the character and history of Perry. He’s either dangerous, stupid, or negligent, his history can’t be ignored when a Perry like play happens again.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The Tavares signing keeps on giving.

Now that the Leafs lost Tavares, they are screwed, not having 2nd line center kinda does that,
having 2 x 1st line centers wasn't such a good plan after all.
Leafs HAD, 2nd line center(s), but because of du(m)bas(s) blowing up the entire record braking roster
you get this, i feel for you Leafs fans, you deserve better.

Not fun when you have a kid, a business lawyer, as your GM, who has no idea what ice hockey really is,
wanna be GM, nothing more, who brought his best friend to coach his team..

5adw56.jpg

Last edited:

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Its all opinion. I can’t read Perry’s mind in that moment and no one else can. But that doesn’t stop people from giving Perry the absolute guaranteed pass. I could see a possibility where that play can be intentional. And I know the character and history of Perry. He’s either dangerous, stupid, or negligent, his history can’t be ignored when a Perry like play happens again.

You just did it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad