John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Tipping pucks is a developed skill but skating and deciding what direction to go in is not?

You say Tavares getting hit and falling is ad hoc and cannot be predicted. Yet hits happen all the time and falls happen all the time and players have seen it happen and the results 1000s of times in their career. And they’ve seen it with peripheral and direct vision to the play, being able to predict outcomes both ways.

Your reasoning to discount my view that a historically dirty player did another dirty play boiled down to reaction time analysis and determining what plays can and cannot be made using peripheral view. I don’t bring up those points to “prove” Perry made an intentional hit, they are only brought up because you brought them up first. So no, I didn’t use those as a basis for my argument only as a basis to my counter points.

At the end of the day, I will admit I 100% cannot prove intent on this. No one can read minds. What we are left with is past history and that players character, and if you look at that, everything points to another typical stupid and dangerous Perry play.
Guaranteed you’re blaming Perry more than Tavares and his teammates are after watching the replay, it was an accident.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe so but this wasn't one of those times and you know it but insist on creating some alternate scenario to help you cope. I get it don’t worry. Some people just always need a villain to blame. Its a coping mechanism Im sure.
I’m making my assessment on a hockey play on a hockey forum. Like I do most nights. But sure I’m coping.. even though I don’t even like the Leafs nor want them to win this series. You’ve officially resorted to personal attacks in your defence of the noble Corey Perry. Why you taking things so personally? Does it matter to you that much that someone thinks Corey Perry of all people is a dirty player?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
These takes talking as if this was on purpose in any way at all... you guys realize you are outing yourselves as never having played any sport whatsoever at any level. Not even intramural. Nothing. Nobody that has ever even given half a shit in grade 7 gym class would ever think this was on purpose or could have been avoided.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Guaranteed you’re blaming Perry more than Tavares and his teammates are after watching the replay, it was an accident.
Leafs got to move on and play their game. I don’t blame them. And NO ONE will be able to prove anything one way or the other, so making a deal out of it makes no sense. Ive said my 2 cents on the subject, I know how dirty Perry can be, people know my opinion and they can disagree and ridicule it in the defense of Perry. I don’t really care and I’ll present the opposing view point either way.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I have a problem with that crap from Foligno. It was terrible to see what happened to Tavares but it was glaringly obvious that Perry did not intend to hit him. Trying to fight a guy for something that is just a casualty of playing a high speed game is just poor sportsmanship, IMO.

Perry made the decision to fight. He didn't have too. He's a grown man who doesn't need the council of Jimmy who gives a f*** from nobody cares island.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Holy shit that looked scary. Freak accidents like this can sometimes be life changing, a Czech player got paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of his life in a bit similar situation:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Leafs got to move on and play their game. I don’t blame them. And NO ONE will be able to prove anything one way or the other, so making a deal out of it makes no sense. Ive said my 2 cents on the subject, I know how dirty Perry can be, people know my opinion and they can disagree and ridicule it in the defense of Perry. I don’t really care and I’ll present the opposing view point either way.
Aren’t you sort of making a deal out of it?

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Tipping pucks is a developed skill but skating and deciding what direction to go in is not?

You say Tavares getting hit and falling is ad hoc and cannot be predicted. Yet hits happen all the time and falls happen all the time and players have seen it happen and the results 1000s of times in their career. And they’ve seen it with peripheral and direct vision to the play, being able to predict outcomes both ways.

Your reasoning to discount my view that a historically dirty player did another dirty play boiled down to reaction time analysis and determining what plays can and cannot be made using peripheral view. I don’t bring up those points to “prove” Perry made an intentional hit, they are only brought up because you brought them up first. So no, I didn’t use those as a basis for my argument only as a basis to my counter points.

At the end of the day, I will admit I 100% cannot prove intent on this. No one can read minds. What we are left with is past history and that players character, and if you look at that, everything points to another typical stupid and dangerous Perry play.
You can always tell which posters on this board have never played competitive hockey in their lives.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
He didn't know it was a freak accident.

The event occurred in the blink of an eye. If you didn't see the whole thing, but just the aftermath, and see Corey Perry on the scene you put two and two together to make assumptions that in this case were unfounded.

The fight was pointless. Perry knew that, but it probably didn't seem that way to Foligno at the time.

They have tablets at the bench, he could of looked at it but no... the code!

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Strides and glides TOWARDS a falling Tavares head that turns around towards Perry’s knee in a split second. The face hit may have been unavoidable, but going anywhere near Tavares upper body was avoidable.
You never played hockey and it shows.

Scorlov

May 17, 2021

Which part would you have done differently from what Corey Perry did there?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That was a really awful thing to watch and I hope Mr Tavares recovers in full. Always liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad