John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Perry saw the whole thing develop. From Tavares getting hit, to falling, to turning his head. I think options besides lifting his knee into Tavares face area were available. He didn’t take those options and he took the one that could get a licking in on an opponent. Yes it’s all opinion, but it’s opinion based on seeing these plays from Perry with regularity for a decade plus of hockey. And don’t think the 6 clips I posted emcompasses all of what Perry has offered this game. I was only on page 2 of Videos. There’s plenty more to suggest this is a regular occurrence with Perry.

in a fraction of a second Perry figured out he could take the player out with a knee and make it look like a accident?? You are making Perry much better at slowing the game down than he really is..

But get Well Soon JT ...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You really need to watch the video again. By the time Tavares "turned around" as you so put it, Perry is pretty much on top of him.
I see Perry take two strides as Tavares is hit and falling to the right. Perry glides after striding right to where Tavares head will be falling to.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Maybe. But Perry saw the Tavares hit, fall down, turn around, all develop from a good 15-20 strides out. Dude has a history of embellishment and pretending he didn’t do what he meant to do. So Im not buying this based on this supposed unavoidable contact. I would ask Perry why he knee lifted instead of rotating his knee and body away from Tavares face. That option was available to him.
Holy shit man, did you lose your glasses or find a career in revisionism?

77143-C3CECA96-1B54-48FA-B890-F8A375921BC3-0-1509564091.gif

Reactions: gunnergunther

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There was another guy in this game tonight who got hurt in a very similar fashion.

The whiplash on tavares' injury was sickening though. I was happy to see the thumbs up afterwards at least.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Good on Perry (ugh) for taking the fight, but c'mon. I'm a "the code" kinda guy, but this was obviously a freak accident, bang bang play with a very unfortunate outcome. Fight was kinda silly.

Reactions: Ray Mercer

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
in a fraction of a second Perry figured out he could take the player out with a knee and make it look like a accident?? You are making Perry much better at slowing the game down than he really is..

But get Well Soon JT ...

the hit the the head took a fraction of a second. Tavares falling to the left, and Perry striding up and then gliding towards Tavares head had more than enough time to make a different decision than Perry made.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
the hit the the head took a fraction of a second. Tavares falling to the left, and Perry striding up and then gliding towards Tavares head had more than enough time to make a different decision than Perry made.
Tavares was still rolling towards Perry when contact was made. There's not a chance in hell that was intentional. I posted the gif at real speed a couple pages ago.

Reactions: Bartcal

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There was another guy in this game tonight who got hurt in a very similar fashion.

The whiplash on tavares' injury was sickening though. I was happy to see the thumbs up afterwards at least.

See now here’s an unavoidable play. Someone falling into someone’s knees.

Tavares fell way before Perry’s knee was even close. Perry had time to take strides and direct his glide. He chose to glide towards some sort of impact with Tavares. It did not have to be this way.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Maybe. But Perry saw the Tavares hit, fall down, turn around, all develop from a good 15-20 strides out. Dude has a history of embellishment and pretending he didn’t do what he meant to do. So Im not buying this based on this supposed unavoidable contact. I would ask Perry why he knee lifted instead of rotating his knee and body away from Tavares face. That option was available to him.

Nobody denies that Perry has been/is a dirty player and a pest, but that doesn't mean he's some evil genius constantly plotting ways to injure his opponents.

Perry is a foot away when Tavares is falling down

EbZp47C.png

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I’m a Sharks fan so I’m well aware of Perry’s antics, but there’s cheap shots and then attempted murder. No player would purposely try to do that. Not even Wilson.

I hate saying this, because it detracts from appropriate conversation. You can't knowingly state or know 'no player' would purposely try to do that, especially with a motive behind it, or potentially other factors, including substance abuse issues, mental health, what have you. BUT this does NOT matter for this event. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. Any discussion about this event that is about Perry, or Perry's past, or intent, are missing what matters here. This was clearly no intentional. But most importantly we have what is a scary incident. For anyone who cares about player safety or Tavares, his family, or athlete's health or anything like that. Focus on that, show support for those potential issues. There is CLEARLY no objectively plain and simple, indisputable intent here (nor is there a strong reason to consensus suspect so), so focus on what we know and what matters. Tavares. Player health, player's life.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tavares was still rolling towards Perry when contact was made. There's not a chance in hell that was intentional. I posted the gif at real speed a couple pages ago.
Saw the clip. Would like to see one where Perry isn’t off screen when the play develops. I don’t think it exists though.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I don't have the time or energy to put together Perry's accidentally on purpose compilation but someone will and it will be an eye opener.

The Neymar barrel roll after he makes contact is a question i'd love to put to him. He doesn't try to jump...he makes it LOOK like he tries to jump once he runs over JT's head like a monster truck wheel running over a pylon.

Corey Perry can go f*** himself... A purebread piece of shit and always will be..

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
Wouldn't surprise me if Tavares returned early if the Leafs are on the brinks of elimination.

Leafs fan here, they better ****ING not! His health >>>>>>>>≥> hockey at any capacity. I really hope he's not rushed back. And further, I hope the org refuses to let him rush back *if* he tries.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri

15-20 strides? how long are your legs?

Im only 5 8 and 20 strides i can go from the end boards to the blue line without issue. When Taveres first starts to go down Perry is at most 15 feet away.

In order for that to have been intentional Perry would have had to know 1) that Tavares was going to get hit 2) that he was going to go down and 3) that he was going to go down at that precise angle. If you watch the angle from the other end of the ice, Perry isnt even looking at Tavares but passed him

Could Perry have chosen to spin? He saw someone go down right in front of him and his immediate natural response was to jump, he didnt even have time to think just react. Also you are assuming the outcome would have been different if Perry would have spun. As little time Perry had to react it likely plays out the same way.

I say all this as someone who has hated Perry since he first came into the league.

Reactions: Bartcal and Barnum

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nobody denies that Perry has been/is a dirty player and a pest, but that doesn't mean he's some evil genius constantly plotting ways to injure his opponents.

Perry is a foot away when Tavares is falling down

EbZp47C.png

maybe evil genius and intent to injure is a stretch. But taking a chunk out of an opponent at an opurtune time, is definately in Perry’s wheelhouse. The results might not have been what Perry was looking for, but Perry’s never really thought about results when he does the stupid, dangerous, and emotionally charged actions he’s made his whole career.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
If there's one guy in the game who DOESN'T have the reaction time to even pull something like that off, it's Corey Perry. If he had that type of reaction time and coordination, he wouldn't be the dinosaur he is out there....

Reactions: Bartcal

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I see Perry take two strides as Tavares is hit and falling to the right. Perry glides after striding right to where Tavares head will be falling to.
Lol. Perry is about 10-15 feet from the blue line when contact is initiated. By the time Tavares hits the ice and rolls over he's at the blue line and Perry is on top of him with no way to avoid contact. And then there's the little fact that Perry was already starting to move that way when the hit was initiated. Perry has a history of being a dirt bag but this wasn't one of those instances

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
15-20 strides? how long are your legs?

Im only 5 8 and 20 strides i can go from the end boards to the blue line without issue. When Taveres first starts to go down Perry is at most 15 feet away.

In order for that to have been intentional Perry would have had to know 1) that Tavares was going to get hit 2) that he was going to go down and 3) that he was going to go down at that precise angle. If you watch the angle from the other end of the ice, Perry isnt even looking at Tavares but passed him

Could Perry have chosen to spin? He saw someone go down right in front of him and his immediate natural response was to jump, he didnt even have time to think just react. Also you are assuming the outcome would have been different if Perry would have spun. As little time Perry had to react it likely plays out the same way.

I say all this as someone who has hated Perry since he first came into the league.

Players can make intentional split second decisions within a split second. The brain works fast. And when you see a play develop like Perry did (he had a great view), it’s possible to predict on instinct where Tavares will be falling towards and adjust accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad