John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Total freak accident and hopefully Tavares is back later in the series and doesn’t have any concussion like symptoms. I can’t stand the Leafs but it sucks losing a star player especially when you’re in a good position to make a run for the cup. The Perry fight was stupid because anyone with half a brain can see that was accidental. It would be different if he did him dirty.
It's hockey fights happen.
If anything Foligno did Perry a solid (and said it pre fight) . " End it now"

No sense having a dumb lingering effect all game. End it right away and get back to hockey.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
It's hockey fights happen.
If anything Foligno did Perry a solid (and said it pre fight) . " End it now"

No sense having a dumb lingering effect all game. End it right away and get back to hockey.

No fights should happen for a good reason. If a player throws a cheap shot and injures someone he should have to answer the bell. If I shoot the puck and it hits Tavares in the face accidentally should I have to answer the bell? Absolutely not.

Reactions: Barnum and t3k

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Hope JT heals smoothly. That was tough.

Foligno is a clown . If the Leafs new-found "toughness" is about tone-deaf staged fights, they aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Corey Perry “accident” compilation for everyone wondering why I’m not buying his innocence on this one. Yes, I know it was a scary looking hit and you wouldn’t think someone could do something so dangerous or stupid. But Perry has a history that cannot be ignored if you want to assess what truly happened tonight:

Heres Perry “accidentally” kneeing Stalock in the head, look familiar?:

Here’s another Perry kneeing “accident” for you:

here’s Perry “accidentally” elbowing someone in the face:

Here’s Perry “accidentally” cross checking Hossa in the Ribs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NXogQwyAw

here’s Perry “accidentally” butt ending someone in the face:

https://twitter.com/0ffScottFree/status/1301987333693030401?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1301987333693030401|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/09/04/corey-perry-butt-ends-nikita-zadorov-in-the-face-behind-the-play/

Reactions: Ulysses31

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Corey Perry “accident” compilation for everyone wondering why I’m not buying his innocence on this one. Yes, I know it was a scary looking hit and you wouldn’t think someone could do something so dangerous or stupid. But Perry has a history that cannot be ignored if you want to assess what truly happened tonight:

https://twitter.com/0ffScottFree/status/1301987333693030401?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1301987333693030401|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/09/04/corey-perry-butt-ends-nikita-zadorov-in-the-face-behind-the-play/

Nobody needs a briefer on Perry’s reputation and I don’t think too many will argue he’s not capable of scummy acts. With this particular incident, it’s just the law of physics. It was a really unfortunate/fluke high speed collision.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

Dude let it go. Posting the same thing multiple times doesn't change the fact it was unintentional and unavoidable. People are taking his history into account and realizing, once again, it was unintentional and unavoidable and Perry couldn't avoid him no matter what he did

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Or they could all just recognize it was an accident and not need late hits, dirty plays, or staged fights....

They should have, but chose not too. In the end, if that little tuzzle was what needed to not get things out of hand, it's better than nothing and late/dirty payback mindset after.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
No fights should happen for a good reason. If a player throws a cheap shot and injures someone he should have to answer the bell. If I shoot the puck and it hits Tavares in the face accidentally should I have to answer the bell? Absolutely not.
I guess the team shoulda took a vote and decided if it made sense to fight him.
It's hockey... if it was Suzuki there wouldn't be anything.

It's technically no different than asking a player to scrap after a few goals are scored. Relax

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
no it really isn't. smart response would be to win the game for tavares and fire up the team for saturday.

now the fight has done what exactly ? nothing. leafs lost tavares and ultimately lost the game. but i bet tavares is happy that "nick stood up for him".

anyways, i'm done commenting on this, fight was stupid af. hope tavares get well soon.

Whether you understand it or not, there's a good chance it prevented anyone else from getting hurt.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Welp Leafs have officially absolved Perry of all responsibility for his predatory knee to Tavares head. Montreal could really take this series now with physicality, Leafs too nice to call a spade a spade.
Might be best to take a knee and sit this one out. It was not predatory. Shit happens sometimes, even if it involves a Perry type of player.

Full disclosure: I’m a Leafs fan.

Reactions: Kojo

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nobody needs a briefer on Perry’s reputation and I don’t think to many will argue he’s not capable of scummy acts. With this particular incident, it’s just the law of physics. It was a really unfortunate/fluke high speed collision.

Maybe. But Perry saw the Tavares hit, fall down, turn around, all develop from a good 15-20 feet out. Dude has a history of embellishment and pretending he didn’t do what he meant to do. So Im not buying this based on this supposed unavoidable contact. I would ask Perry why he knee lifted instead of rotating his knee and body away from Tavares face. That option was available to him.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dude let it go. Posting the same thing multiple times doesn't change the fact it was unintentional and unavoidable. People are taking his history into account and realizing, once again, it was unintentional and unavoidable and Perry couldn't avoid him no matter what he did

Perry saw the whole thing develop. From Tavares getting hit, to falling, to turning his head. I think options besides lifting his knee into Tavares face area were available. He didn’t take those options and he took the one that could get a licking in on an opponent. Yes it’s all opinion, but it’s opinion based on seeing these plays from Perry with regularity for a decade plus of hockey. And don’t think the 6 clips I posted emcompasses all of what Perry has offered this game. I was only on page 2 of Videos. There’s plenty more to suggest this is a regular occurrence with Perry.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Maybe. But Perry saw the Tavares hit, fall down, turn around, all develop from a good 15-20 strides out. Dude has a history of embellishment and pretending he didn’t do what he meant to do. So Im not buying this based on this supposed unavoidable contact. I would ask Perry why he knee lifted instead of rotating his knee and body away from Tavares face. That option was available to him.
You really need to watch the video again. By the time Tavares "turned around" as you so put it, Perry is pretty much on top of him.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Makes my stomach turn to see him go down in such a brutal way. Hope he’s alright.

freak accident, impossible for that to be intentional IMO. Too fast

Reactions: Olliemets

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
If you actually think Perry meant to do it.. please block me.

I don't wanna see that stance at all.
The freakest of accidents and so hard to watch....

Feel for JT; I think he had himself prepared to take the next step this playoffs. Hope he's alright more than anything else...

I have to fully agree and I do not have a pony in this race...this was clearly accidental regardless of Perry's history....it was a quick hockey play that had terrible consequences......

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Perry saw the whole thing develop. From Tavares getting hit, to falling, to turning his head. I think options besides lifting his knee into Tavares face area were available. He didn’t take those options and he took the one that could get a licking in on an opponent. Yes it’s all opinion, but it’s opinion based on seeing these plays from Perry with regularity for a decade plus of hockey. And don’t think the 6 clips I posted emcompasses all of what Perry has offered this game. I was only on page 2 of Videos. There’s plenty more to suggest this is a regular occurrence with Perry.
He had no options to avoid contact because of the speed at which the incident happened. When you're one of the few who keeps repeating the same old drivel about it being accidentally on purpose, maybe it's time to admit you're completely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad