John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
When your captain goes down like that there will be a fight. Accident or not that is the code. Perry knew it, he took the fight and then the game went on.

This really doesn’t seem like “the code” to me. I’ve watched hockey for ~35 years. That’s decades where there were goons and fighting as a regular occurrence. Blatantly obvious accidents pretty much never used to result in a staged fight as a follow up. After a cheap shot or borderline hit? Sure. But not after a freak accident like this. There’s this weird thing now where we see fights after clean hits. That wasn’t part of “the code” I remember seeing in the NHL.

Hope Tavares bounces back fast.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Needs to be asked... What the f*** was the trainer doing trying to sit him up when there's clear head and potentially neck injuries there?

He's even stabilizing his neck like he knows there's an issue there.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
OqaOlhQ.gif

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I hate saying this, because it detracts from appropriate conversation. You can't knowingly state or know 'no player' would purposely try to do that, especially with a motive behind it, or potentially other factors, including substance abuse issues, mental health, what have you. BUT this does NOT matter for this event. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. Any discussion about this event that is about Perry, or Perry's past, or intent, are missing what matters here. This was clearly no intentional. But most importantly we have what is a scary incident. For anyone who cares about player safety or Tavares, his family, or athlete's health or anything like that. Focus on that, show support for those potential issues. There is CLEARLY no objectively plain and simple, indisputable intent here (nor is there a strong reason to consensus suspect so), so focus on what we know and what matters. Tavares. Player health, player's life.
I will state with 100% certainty that Perry did not intentionally hurt Tavares.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Perry involved in another career shortening or ending event. No surprise here this guy should of been banned few seasons ago.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
See now here’s an unavoidable play. Someone falling into someone’s knees.

Tavares fell way before Perry’s knee was even close. Perry had time to take strides and direct his glide. He chose to glide towards some sort of impact with Tavares. It did not have to be this way.
Tavares was litterally still spinning in the air when Petry made contact. I know Perry has a reputation but it’s more for messing with goalies, and just being a pest. Never in his career has he just gone out to injure a guy. This isn’t Matt Cooke or Tom Wilson here. Another thing is Perry is old as shit. Watching Habs games all year, he’s a good player still but he can barely move lol

this wasn’t some Olympic hurdler here

I understand leaf fans are pissed, sucks when a player gets hurt. But this wasn’t some intent to injure type of play. He wasn’t even the guy who through the hit which caused the impact lol

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This really doesn’t seem like “the code” to me. I’ve watched hockey for ~35 years. That’s decades where there were goons and fighting as a regular occurrence. Blatantly obvious accidents pretty much never used to result in a staged fight as a follow up. After a cheap shot or borderline hit? Sure. But not after a freak accident like this. There’s this weird thing now where we see fights after clean hits. That wasn’t part of “the code” I remember seeing in the NHL.

Hope Tavares bounces back fast.
That’s because the game was much more physical back then and you had dirty shit happen on a regular basis that required a response. If they also would have fought over accidents then the whole game would be fighting. Now much of the dirty stuff has been eliminated so the new code is anytime you hurt one of our players you have to fight.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Strides and glides TOWARDS a falling Tavares head that turns around towards Perry’s knee in a split second. The face hit may have been unavoidable, but going anywhere near Tavares upper body was avoidable.
No, hes clearly trying to go around him and last second Tavares rolls in front.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I see Perry take two strides as Tavares is hit and falling to the right. Perry glides after striding right to where Tavares head will be falling to.

Dude, now isn't the time to be trolling for responses. This is a bad look for you.

Perry did not have the time to react to completely avoid him. Perry had enough time to react to blunt some of the direct impact, but Perry is a big boy. He gets moving, it's hard for him to drift one way or another. The time you're talking about for him to read and react... if he could do that and make it look like an accident, Montreal wouldn't have been able to sign him for 1M.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Strides and glides TOWARDS a falling Tavares head that turns around towards Perry’s knee in a split second. The face hit may have been unavoidable, but going anywhere near Tavares upper body was avoidable.
It should be pretty obvious Perry is going for the puck. Tavares knocked it towards the middle on the way down.

Reactions: Mez

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Players can make intentional split second decisions within a split second. The brain works fast. And when you see a play develop like Perry did (he had a great view), it’s possible to predict on instinct where Tavares will be falling towards and adjust accordingly.

The vast majority of time a physicist would not be able to in a split second accurately predict the outcome of a random collision.

If it was possible to accurately determine the outcome of a collision with infinite variables the world would be powered with nuclear fission

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Foligno said the fight was to close the book and for the team to move on from this. Only thing that matters now is John Tavares's health. Recover and come back stronger.

Stop with the intentional or not. All the players seems to know it was unintentional. Things happen quickly. I don't care about fans who think otherwise, all 3 former players on Sportsnet including Kevin Bieksa confirmed that it was unintentional. And if anybody who thinks otherwise, look at Perry's interview. He is sick to his stomach seeing his friend on the ice like that. Show some respect. Move on. Focus on the game now.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
That’s because the game was much more physical back then and you had dirty shit happen on a regular basis that required a response. If they also would have fought over accidents then the whole game would be fighting. Now much of the dirty stuff has been eliminated so the new code is anytime you hurt one of our players you have to fight.

“new code”? First I’m hearing of it.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dude is already turning right when the original hit happens. His only option is to try and go further to the right to avoid him.
He litterally could have just kept skating and caused a much worse injury. Instead he jumped and hopefully Tavares doesn’t have more than a concussion

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Even Perry said in the press that he tried to leap frog JT but he didn't have enough time. This is old man Perry we are talking about here. If it was Hart trophy Perry than I can see him doing a flip over JT to avoid him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad