John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I don’t want to see anything. But I know from watching Perry in the pacific for a decade plus what kind of player he is. Accidental on purpose happens ALL the time with him. Check these plays, and it doesn’t even include his time in Anaheim when it was much worse.

Heres Perry “accidentally” kneeing Stalock in the head, look familiar?:

Here’s another Perry kneeing “accident” for you:

here’s Perry “accidentally” elbowing someone in the face:

That took me 5 mins of googling and doesn’t even include his time in Anaheim, give me another 10 and I’ll get you 6 more videos.

No, you very clearly want to see this as on purpose.

But go ahead and keep going down your rabbit hole on Perry. It doesn’t change the fact this happened in a split second and you’re thinking he thought out a whole fake scenario in that time to nearly end his friends career. A scenario mind you where he jumps, just not nearly high enough, only enough for it to look accidental :laugh:

This place sometimes...

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I don’t want to see anything. But I know from watching Perry in the pacific for a decade plus what kind of player he is. Accidental on purpose happens ALL the time with him. Check these plays, and it doesn’t even include his time in Anaheim when it was much worse.

Heres Perry “accidentally” kneeing Stalock in the head, look familiar?:

Here’s another Perry kneeing “accident” for you:

here’s Perry “accidentally” elbowing someone in the face:

That took me 5 mins of googling and doesn’t even include his time in Anaheim, give me another 10 and I’ll get you 6 more videos.

Every single one of those looks very deliberate with plenty of time to avoid contact...even the Stalock one. Tonight's hit does not look like those at all.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Yes but only one of us has watched and followed along with a decade plus of Corey Perry “accidental” plays.
I hate Perry as a player and think he's a complete douchebag but there was nothing he could have done to avoid Tavares. He didn't have time to avoid him

Reactions: Bartcal

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
As a Canuck fan I hate Perry but lol at anyone thinking he did this on purpose. Did you guys not see that happen at real speed?

Hopefully Tavares makes a full recovery

Yeah, but like, if you slow it down to 10% speed he had all the time in the world to avoid the hit!

JT get well soon.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
If you're looking for the culprit on this play, it's not Perry. It's Chiarot. I thought the league had banned the can-opener move.

Perry was in the wrong place at the wrong time and, in my opinion, didn't need to fight afterwards.
Can opener move? It was a body check as Tavares was trying to cut to the middle of the ice

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Horrible to see, hopefully Tavares is ok and makes a swift recovery.

Anyone who thinks Perry did that deliberately though... I don’t know what to say. It’s clearly an accident.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
Glad the news are looking positive

I honestly thought it could be a career ending/changing injury at first and it was one of the scariest injury ive seen in a while.

Felt serious like the Pacioretty/Chara incident

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
no it really isn't. smart response would be to win the game for tavares and fire up the team for saturday.

now the fight has done what exactly ? nothing. leafs lost tavares and ultimately lost the game. but i bet tavares is happy that "nick stood up for him".

anyways, i'm done commenting on this, fight was stupid af. hope tavares get well soon.

So would it be preferable if Foligno did nothing and let Corey Perry go? Or if they kept taking runs at him? I totally get why he did that. Their captain is on the ice bleeding and stretchered off. Accident or not, I get why he felt he needed to respond and Perry agreed. It's done and you're making it a bigger deal than it is.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Total freak accident and hopefully Tavares is back later in the series and doesn’t have any concussion like symptoms. I can’t stand the Leafs but it sucks losing a star player especially when you’re in a good position to make a run for the cup. The Perry fight was stupid because anyone with half a brain can see that was accidental. It would be different if he did him dirty.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Corey Perry is a rat bastard and has done some pretty shitty things in his career. But there is no way what happened tonight was intentional.

In the Spoiler tags is the gif at or close to real speed. It was a bang-bang collision. Tavares was also rolling in Perry's direction when contact was made which made it worse because the head/neck went the opposite way.

NjKmBYS.gif

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I appreciate Foligno fighting Perry, because you only see the fight in twitter if you search Foligno.

I don't want to see again the fainting Tavares while the trainer was moving him
Foligno comes out looking like a monkey. Like a genuine ape. 100% accidental, an emotional hot head. There was no need to fight and he’s just there wailing on Perry’s head. What an idiot.

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Couple of points here.
1. I don't wish an injury to anyone. It doesn't matter that Tavares is an honest classy player.
2. I don't believe in accidents. But I can't see any way this could have been avoided.
3. I don't understand the purpose of the fight.
4. Huge respect to both teams for being able to play after such a terrible thing.
5. I'm an Oilers fan and I would rather see JT back this series than see my team win a game.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Looks bad..eerily similar to the Pacioretty injury years ago. Hope he can recover as well.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
yes, because it was not perry's fault.
Fault has nothing to do with it. Hence why he said that he knew it was an accident and that "you stand up for your teammates, right or wrong". Regardless that fight is not even worth talking about.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
As an Oilers fan, I hate Corey Perry as much as any player can be hated.

That wasn’t remotely intentional, and I’m actually shocked any hockey fan could see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad