John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Don’t get why everyone including the color commentator auto calls it “accidental”. Perry is the king of accidental on purpose. To me it looks like he saw that hit on Tavares and the fall develop. He saw enough to know he had to jump over Tavares, but of course he accidentally on purpose just chose not to jump high or to the right enough.

Hope Johnny T recovers quickly. Thumbs up at the end is a good sign.
Watch that at full speed. Ignore the 2 million frames per second slow mo that makes everything look like the Matrix.

That was bang bang. Like a fraction of a second in full speed. I’m not saying Perry isn’t greasy, but on this one? Not a hope in hell. Just a bad accident.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Watch that at full speed. Ignore the 2 million frames per second slow mo that makes everything look like the Matrix.

That was bang bang. Like a fraction of a second in full speed. I’m not saying Perry isn’t greasy, but on this one? Not a hope in hell. Just a bad accident.

yes and Perry’s knee to Stalocks head looked prettyyyyy fast too. But there he is, kneeing someone in the head... AGAIN.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Perry didn’t try and kick him in the head but he didn’t really try not to either..

Good on him for taking on someone tougher than him right after though

If you're looking for the culprit on this play, it's not Perry. It's Chiarot. I thought the league had banned the can-opener move.

Perry was in the wrong place at the wrong time and, in my opinion, didn't need to fight afterwards.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Really? There's some people who think that it was intentional?

Hope Tavares is okay though, was scary to watch so I hope it's not going to keep him out the rest of the playoffs as I'd hate for a player to miss any time with injury. But hopefully, he doesn't rush back either.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
settle what exactly? is foligno legit not a smart guy?

Emotions. He didn’t care if it’s right or wrong, intentional or not. His captain is laid down on the ice.

I honestly think that was a useless fight and unfair to Perry to having to respond after him seeing his friend unconscious like that because of him. But at the end of the day, actions were taken and we move on.

Long series ahead. Perry will continue to be a contributor to our team and success. He’s vital to us. Incredible player.

Thoughts to John Tavares and hoping for a quick return for him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
I'm sorry but with Perry's history; 3 NHL suspensions 4, 4 & 5 games and his knee on Stalock , it's hard to blindly believe him. I think he was trying to get a piece of Tavares but did not want to hurt him that badly.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Who cares about the fight? Foligno was doing his best to get his teammates' minds off the upsetting thing they just saw so they could continue playing an important game

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Don’t get why everyone including the color commentator auto calls it “accidental”. Perry is the king of accidental on purpose. To me it looks like he saw that hit on Tavares and the fall develop. He saw enough to know he had to jump over Tavares, but of course he accidentally on purpose just chose not to jump high or to the right enough.

Hope Johnny T recovers quickly. Thumbs up at the end is a good sign.

This is more of an example of you wanting it to be on purpose than an actual case against Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad