Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good post! When is the future going to arrive?

Valid questions but some obvious answers. We need to acquire a LHD who will be expansion exempt. The obvious trade chip is Myers. Of course there is no guarantee of finding a suitable trade partner but Philly looks good for it. They have room to protect another D and they have near ready LHD prospects. Almost all their NHL D, good and bad are LHD and so are their best prospects.

Not a bad, but we can't really make the assumption that the Flyers would make that trade. It's much more complicated than on a discussion board.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Stats and eye test indicate that Trouba is actually very effective on the left side. The problem was that Maurice thought that Stuart deserved to play a regular shift with 15+ minutes of ice. The only option is to pair him with a player like Trouba who can keep the pair's head above water.

Yep.

Out of those four, myers.

I'm just saying that running...

Enstrom Trouba
Top4 Buff
Morrissey Myers

Is a way better D core than

Enstrom myers
Trouba Buff
Stuart PostMA

Or even Morrissey Postma for that matter.

Well yeh. You took out Stuart. A pylon would be more effective. lol

But seriously, I completely get where you are coming from. I'd love to see Morrissey be able to step into that position.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
OK. ..so I'm going to be this guy and suggest something really scummy.

Why don't we offer sheet Lindholm? There is obviously no guarantee that he signs it, but if we make it a sweet enough deal I can't see why he wouldn't.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
OK. ..so I'm going to be this guy and suggest something really scummy.

Why don't we offer sheet Lindholm? There is obviously no guarantee that he signs it, but if we make it a sweet enough deal I can't see why he wouldn't.

Chevy better sign Trouba and Scheifele first doncha think?

Do we really want to give up our future draft picks? In Nolan Patricks draft year?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Well probably...

And who cares? With Lindholm we could be a playoff team.

What would you offer to ensure Anaheim doesn't match? 7 x $7M? 4 1sr rd picks?

Then how much are you gonna pay Trouba?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The only thing that makes me really wonder is that Noel didn't do it either. We've had the same D coach the whole time -- I can't imagine Huddy would be preventing a move but perhaps he's measured the players comfort level with it.

I think Bogo did it for a while and was atrocious. Not sure if we've ever seen Buff or Myers do it for any length of time.

The situation was less critical or at least perceived less so in Noel's time. Stu wasn't quite as bad (?) and we had Clitsome who was supposed to be adequate on the 2nd pair. You could argue that it was actually just as bad but the perception's the thing.

Maurice has had options but has refused to use them. Hard to know the part Huddy has played. It seemed last year it was finally going to happen. We will see what happens this year but the best thing would be a competent LHD.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not a bad, but we can't really make the assumption that the Flyers would make that trade. It's much more complicated than on a discussion board.

I said that. :) All kinds of trades make too much sense to not happen but never do. Then nonsensical ones are made. Why didn't Chiarelli hang on to Hall and sign Demers? Better player for no assets. :huh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What would you offer to ensure Anaheim doesn't match? 7 x $7M? 4 1sr rd picks?

Then how much are you gonna pay Trouba?

No, not near that much. We aren't in Boston's position. Make a good offer, a little more than Anaheim likely would. Anaheim has both cap and internal budget issues. If they match nothing lost. If not we should be in that 1st, 2nd, 3rd range IIRC. Too lazy to look up the compensation right now.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
No, not near that much. We aren't in Boston's position. Make a good offer, a little more than Anaheim likely would. Anaheim has both cap and internal budget issues. If they match nothing lost. If not we should be in that 1st, 2nd, 3rd range IIRC. Too lazy to look up the compensation right now.

Anaheim just matches anyway. What's the point of doing the offersheet if there's zero chance of succeeding?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Anaheim just matches anyway. What's the point of doing the offersheet if there's zero chance of succeeding?

How sure are you that Anaheim matches? They have a pretty rigid internal budget as well as a cap to deal with. How many more players do they need to sign?

I think very highly of Lindholm but no way I offer up to that 4 firsts level. That's just nuts. If they match, they match. Nothing ventured .....

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
How sure are you that Anaheim matches? They have a pretty rigid internal budget as well as a cap to deal with. How many more players do they need to sign?

I think very highly of Lindholm but no way I offer up to that 4 firsts level. That's just nuts. If they match, they match. Nothing ventured .....

It doesn't seem chevy's style. I'd be absolutely shocked if he ever does an offersheet. It's pretty hard to be a draft and develop team if you don't have any draft picks.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It doesn't seem chevy's style. I'd be absolutely shocked if he ever does an offersheet. It's pretty hard to be a draft and develop team if you don't have any draft picks.

Yup. Extremely unlikely. Just a fantasy in the same category as a Pav buyout.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

How does that answer the question? Oil are better off with Hall than Lucic and with Demers over Larsson. The way they did it works .... sort of. Hall is replaced by Lucic and they improved their D but Demers was a much better option.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
How about we sign Trouba AND sign Lindholm to an offer sheet? Our D-core would really be solidified at that point :)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
How does that answer the question? Oil are better off with Hall than Lucic and with Demers over Larsson. The way they did it works .... sort of. Hall is replaced by Lucic and they improved their D but Demers was a much better option.

What do you mean how does that answer the question? He's saying Chiarelli wanted Lucic. So he moved Hall for a better defenseman. Doesn't mean it was the most effective move. Don't understand the confrontation.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What do you mean how does that answer the question? He's saying Chiarelli wanted Lucic. So he moved Hall for a better defenseman. Doesn't mean it was the most effective move. Don't understand the confrontation.

Wouldn't call it a confrontation. The question was why. Of course Chiarelli wanted Lucic. He needed to replace Hall. He doesn't need that if he hadn't traded Hall. Is it even possible that he could want Lucic over Hall? Does he think Larsson is better than Demers?
Hall>>>Lucic
Demers>>>Larsson
Lucic is 4 years older than Hall, Demers is 4 years older than Larsson so it is a wash on the ages of the 2 packages. Demers cost a little more and some say he took a discount to sign in Fla so maybe Chia would have had to pay another half mil to get him, 1 mil more altogether. Easily worth it.

Maybe the answer is that Demers had already turned Edmonton down flat, IDK. But simply saying Lucic doesn't begin to answer the question. Maybe Chia wanted the physicality that Lucic brings. Is that the answer?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ehlers
Dano
Copp
Petan
Tanev
Morrissey
Olsen
Kosmachuk
DeLeo
Blomqvist
Lodge
Kostalek
Laine
Connor
Lemieux
Nogier
Hellebuyck
Comrie
Phillips

Thanks, I have this feeling that Copp will be the guy sent down, maybe even Dano if he doesn't show up in shape as the Jets had asked him to do. Does anyone have that corsi chart comparison for Copp and Lowry for last year? I really want to see if it matches my eye test.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Thanks, I have this feeling that Copp will be the guy sent down, maybe even Dano if he doesn't show up in shape as the Jets had asked him to do. Does anyone have that corsi chart comparison for Copp and Lowry for last year? I really want to see if it matches my eye test.

With Mathias, it will be one of those two. I don't think Dano will get sent down.

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
what do you guys think about signing Vrabata to a two year deal?

Pair him with laine and schef.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad