Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
When Myers hit 6' 5" he should have switched to bball. Guys I never heard of signed for $64 over 4 years.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I'm sorry but I cannot believe anyone would advocate leaving Tyler Myers exposed rather than Marko Dano. It flabbergasts me.

I know the board at large isn't a fan of Myers but that seems like a stunning error.

Tyler Myers is a big guy, he's competent, and he has a great toolbox, if he can ever get his mind to catch up. I can still see the potential there to be much much better.

What has Marko Dano done, exactly? I don't want to lose him but I wouldn't keep him at the expense of Myers that's for sure.

PS my reading comprehension is terrible but my points stand :laugh:

I agree 100%. Of our 4 top D, I would like to find a way to leave Enstrom unprotected or traded for something prior to the expansion draft. Otherwise we protect all 4 and lose one of our forwards.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Still need to plan for contingencies and Matthias helps with that. If things go sour with Trouba and Morrissey steps up maybe they move Trouba for a top F like Duchene or Landeskog. Then you protect 7 F and need Matthias as an eligible F to expose. It wouldn't be prudent to not plan for these contingencies.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I agree 100%. Of our 4 top D, I would like to find a way to leave Enstrom unprotected or traded for something prior to the expansion draft. Otherwise we protect all 4 and lose one of our forwards.

Enstrom is better defensively than Myers. Enstom has better puck possession and steps in front of the rubber more than Myers. Myers generates more offense for the team. Why do you believe Enstrom is better exposed compared to Myers?

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Enstrom is better defensively than Myers. Enstom has better puck possession and steps in front of the rubber more than Myers. Myers generates more offense for the team. Why do you believe Enstrom is better exposed compared to Myers?

This team is nowhere near being able to lose Toby Enstrom.

He's not perfect but he's the best pure defenseman we have, even with his size, durability and age. I shudder to think what our left side would look like without him.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC

He's not perfect but he's the best pure defenseman we have, even with his size, durability and age. I shudder to think what our left side would look like without him.

I agree. I struggle to understand why some people are so eager to get rid of him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm sorry but I cannot believe anyone would advocate leaving Tyler Myers exposed rather than Marko Dano. It flabbergasts me.

I know the board at large isn't a fan of Myers but that seems like a stunning error.

Tyler Myers is a big guy, he's competent, and he has a great toolbox, if he can ever get his mind to catch up. I can still see the potential there to be much much better.

What has Marko Dano done, exactly? I don't want to lose him but I wouldn't keep him at the expense of Myers that's for sure.

PS my reading comprehension is terrible but my points stand :laugh:

Who has advocated that? Haven't seen it anywhere. I've advocated EITHER trade a D or stick with 4+4+1. Take your pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I think the hope is that Toby would be passed over because of durability, size, contract and age.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Probably a lot like this... :D

20160701_strait642.jpg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
His HERO chart looks better in evaluate instead of compare mode too.

In the comparison chart you should probably just be looking at the lower bars (Corsi). The sample's quite small for Copp to take much from his Goals/60 and PrimaryAssists/60 numbers. Lowry's slightly better in CF and CD in 2016 and quite a bit better if you look at his 2015 year. Hopefully he comes back as 2015 Lowry this fall...

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I'm not an Enstrom hater by any means. Given the parameters of the expansion draft, I would prefer to qualify for the 7+3+1, as it gives us a couple more players we can protect. Under this scenario, in my mind, moving Enstrom would be my preference over Myers. Enstrom is older and his offensive game has declined considerably. I feel that his best years may be behind him, whereas I believe Myers has not yet hit his potential. Maybe he never will. Leaving Myers exposed would be risky, whereas leaving Enstrom exposed, he may be passed over anyway.

By the time our young prospects start to make some noise, Enstrom may well be long gone anyway, whereas Myers could very well be playing his best hockey. All speculation, I know, especially considering Enstrom's NMC.

I agree with Mort, if we go 4+4+1 wouldn't be disaster either. We can only lose one player and most of our top guys would be protected.

Larshund

Mar 30, 2016
Any thoughts if we trade Trouba for MAF. I believe goaltending is our biggest concern....

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Seriourly speaking. JETS needs ENSTROM, but not as a top D pairing anymore. 2nd unit pairing...

Not so Serious. We need Logan Stanley when we play the DUCKs/KINGS in the playoff, when those teams flips the puck in - from the blue, they hammered Enstrom into the board.

With Buff, Myers and Stanley, They will not be able to do that :D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Seriourly speaking. JETS needs ENSTROM, but not as a top D pairing anymore. 2nd unit pairing...

Not so Serious. We need Logan Stanley when we play the DUCKs/KINGS in the playoff, when those teams flips the puck in - from the blue, they hammered Enstrom into the board.

With Buff, Myers and Stanley, They will not be able to do that :D

But we had big guys against the ducks and they struggled with the forecheck too. IMO The key is not being big enough to absorb the hit its to be quick enough to retrieve the puck and make a positive play (move the ****ing thing) before contact.

Ducks had guys like Vatanen who were tiny but he killed us with his speed and skill. Shoot it into his corner and now you see him now you don't by the time our forecheck was on him the puck was going back up the ice.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Are we really done yet? With the Laine signing we are now at 44 contracts if we include our qualified RFA (37 +7)

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets tend to stay pretty far under the max don't they? I seem to recall looking it up during the season at some point and only being at like 45, I may be misremembering though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad