Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
There is 0.00% chance Swayman gets 10 per year.
Again, I wouldn't be so sure.

You can argue this a lot of ways and do so with sound reasoning.

Yet the fact remains the cap, due to increased revenue and likely expansion (groan 😔), will continue to rise.

10 million over eight or nine years in that scenario is not going to be an overpay.

I'm not saying I like this or that I'm pushing for Swayman to get 10 million, just pointing out what I believe to be an agreed upon reality.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Swayman is much better than Gibson or Sorokin, I put him as equal to Hellebuyck. Good Bobrovsky is better and Vasilevsky has won Cups. Swayman is going to come in somewhere between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on the years.
Most of those guys won a Vezina trophy before cashing in.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
What’s really amusing about this situation is that Boston expects him to want a fair and team friendly deal. I’m not a Harvard educated guy like Donnie Hockey, but I do know that you tend to not get any benefit from giving away your leverage, which Sweeney did by dealing Ullmark before he had Swayman locked up. Derp.

Swayman s not going to give Boston a home town discount, either.

Especially after an unpleasant arbitration experience.

More to the point, why should he? He is by all counts of very strong-willed individual, highly self-confident and, up to this point anyway, demonstrably capable of delivering.

He believes he deserves to be paid commensurate with his market value, which is high.

Is that 10 million? I don't know.

But, again, I know he's not going to get ripped off by the Bruins and Don Sweeney. That is not happening.

Take it to the bank. Or another club.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Swayman s not going to give Boston a home town discount, either.

More to the point, why should he? He is by all counts of very strong-willed individual, highly self-confident and, up to this point anyway, demonstrably capable of delivering.

He believes he deserves to be paid commensurate with his market value, which is high.

Is that 10 million? I don't know.

But, again, I know he's not going to get ripped off by the Bruins and Don Sweeney. That is not happening.

Take it to the bank. Or another club.

If the Bruins signed Swayman for $10 mil, for any number of years, would they be able to trade him at that point? Would any other team consider him worth that much? And if they did, could they afford it?

Reactions: lopey

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Every time I read this, I envision Swayman's agent, Lewis Gross, telling Swayman what a great time he'll have bringing his employer into arbitration, an adversarial process by definition.

If he didn't want the bad feels, he shouldn't have filed. He's lucky the Bruins took it easy on him and only asked for one season.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Even Steve Austin astronaut was only a six million dollar man.

Under the bussi you go.

My spirit guide told me that Swayman very much disliked cats, chocolate in cookies and non Sherpa guided mountaineering.

He may have been seen burning a an effigy of PJ Axelsson in his youth but that could have been Jose Theodore..the monoxidil haze was confusing.

Swayman to Anaheim for gibson and a 4th round pick. e9!

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Swayman is much better than Gibson or Sorokin, I put him as equal to Hellebuyck. Good Bobrovsky is better and Vasilevsky has won Cups. Swayman is going to come in somewhere between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on the years.

Price - Signed in 2017 - 11.9%
Bobrovsky - Signed in 2019 - 11.4%
Vasilevsky - Signed in 2019 - 10.8%
Hellebuyck - Signed in 2023 - 9.7%
Sorokin - Signed in 2023 - 9.4%
Gibson - Signed in 2018 - 7.3%

So you're arguing swayman deserves at minimum 8.8 m. Now factor in age and term and 10 is easily reachable.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Even Steve Austin astronaut was only a six million dollar man.
Under the bussi you go.
My spirit guide told me that Swayman very much disliked cats, chocolate in cookies and non Sherpa guided mountaineering.
He may have been seen burning a an effigy of PJ Axelsson in his youth but that could have been Jose Theodore..the monoxidil haze was confusing.
Swayman to Anaheim for gibson and a 4th round pick. e9!

How about to Nashville for Saros?

Reactions: Boston Bruno

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Should be comparing Swayman to them at the point when they signed their deals. All of them were more proven goalies at the time. Even looking at Gibson and Sorokin there's no question they were too.

Sorokin had 3 seasons of .918, .925, .924 sv%, with the last 2 starting 52 and 62 games, and one of them as the Vezina runner-up.

Gibson's previous 3 seasons before signing his deal was .920 sv% (38 starts), .924 sv % (49 starts), and .926 sv% (60 starts).

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If the Bruins signed Swayman for $10 mil, for any number of years, would they be able to trade him at that point? Would any other team consider him worth that much? And if they did, could they afford it?

It would obviously be limited number of teams that could afford it.
Then once his assumed NMC kicks in at 27 even less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad