Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The grounds are that he wants to paid like Vasilevsky without accomplishing what Vasi has. If you think Sway is worth that right now, then you do. I do not. He may be someday and even someday soon, but not today.

To quote a number of our posters here, "He hasn't won anything yet".

"fair" is a relative term. Fair to who and why is Harry Sinden the arbiter of fair?

Because he was the GM.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I don't think you can play the "this guy hasn't done what this one has" and not bring up McAvoy vs Hedman and Makar and Pasta vs Kucherov. It's all just timing. McAvoy and Pasta got top of the line zero discount deals and haven't won a thing either.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
@DKH I miss the simpler times of late June and July...when you had Sway pegged to earn $7.5M max! Woooosh...

1724711921279.png

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So it wasn't the "fair" price. It was the price dictated by Harry in his mind.
What’s really amusing about this situation is that Boston expects him to want a fair and team friendly deal. I’m not a Harvard educated guy like Donnie Hockey, but I do know that you tend to not get any benefit from giving away your leverage, which Sweeney did by dealing Ullmark before he had Swayman locked up. Derp.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
There is no such thing as an absolute fair price.
Probably not, but the closest we can get is "whatever the market will pay". And for 90 years NHL oligarchs, who loved the "free market" when they were making their fortunes, hated it in the sport and conspired to control the market. So if Swayman wants to use everything in his power to get the contract he wants... that's fine with me. Just like it's fine if Sweeney wants to use whatever leverage he has to do what's best in his self-interest.

You can buy a lot of cookies with $10 million.
What can you get for $4.3 billion?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@DKH I miss the simpler times of late June and July...when you had Sway pegged to earn $7.5M max! Woooosh...

View attachment 903343

I don't really care too much about all the speculation, but it does seem to me that if Sway wanted anything less than $8m p.a. then regardless of term and conditions the deal would be already done. Assuming it's not and there's just been no announcement as yet, then I have to think we're looking at 8+ and some ongoing wrangling over either length and/or protections etc.

I'd like to see a good deal for both sides. Just have to keep being patient.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Probably not, but the closest we can get is "whatever the market will pay". And for 90 years NHL oligarchs, who loved the "free market" when they were making their fortunes, hated it in the sport and conspired to control the market. So if Swayman wants to use everything in his power to get the contract he wants... that's fine with me. Just like it's fine if Sweeney wants to use whatever leverage he has to do what's best in his self-interest.

What can you get for $4.3 billion?
Girl scout cookies

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What’s really amusing about this situation is that Boston expects him to want a fair and team friendly deal. I’m not a Harvard educated guy like Donnie Hockey, but I do know that you tend to not get any benefit from giving away your leverage, which Sweeney did by dealing Ullmark before he had Swayman locked up. Derp.

Excellent use of derp.

• Haha
Reactions: Curls13 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad