Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’m guessing 8.5-9 x 8 years.

Swayman is much better than Gibson or Sorokin, I put him as equal to Hellebuyck. Good Bobrovsky is better and Vasilevsky has won Cups. Swayman is going to come in somewhere between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on the years.
Sorokin is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Was hoping to come back to some better news.

The 10m rumor seems like a total BS story to me, so I'm choosing to ignore it entirely, but I really wish there were some "Swayman and Boston finalizing details on long term deal" rumors out there.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Every time I read this, I envision Swayman's agent, Lewis Gross, telling Swayman what a great time he'll have bringing his employer into arbitration, an adversarial process by definition.

If he didn't want the bad feels, he shouldn't have filed. He's lucky the Bruins took it easy on him and only asked for one season.

Agree with the first part. Gratitude for the Bruins largesse is not incumbent on the Swayman camp, however.

Neither is leaving money on the table because Sweeney *expects* a hometown discount. Which is garbage.

It is an inherently unpleasant process for both sides.

Unless your name is Harry Sinden.

Then it's a joy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Even Steve Austin astronaut was only a six million dollar man.

Under the bussi you go.

My spirit guide told me that Swayman very much disliked cats, chocolate in cookies and non Sherpa guided mountaineering.

He may have been seen burning a an effigy of PJ Axelsson in his youth but that could have been Jose Theodore..the monoxidil haze was confusing.

Swayman to Anaheim for gibson and a 4th round pick. e9!
Nothing if not amusing.

Thank you, sir.

I miss Ullmark
I do, too.

But it's time to move on. He has. He just bought a house in Ottawa.

Now that's commitment.

Good luck to him.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Swayman a) hasn't held out yet b) hasn't negotiated in the press c) has only said positive things about the city and team and how he wants to be here and is lucky to play in Boston and d) we have no idea what he is actually asking for AND YET the pitchforks are already out for him.

Amazing stuff. It's like sharing the board with a bunch of Larry Lucchino acolytes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Swayman a) hasn't held out yet b) hasn't negotiated in the press c) has only said positive things about the city and team and how he wants to be here and is lucky to play in Boston and d) we have no idea what he is actually asking for AND YET the pitchforks are already out for him.

Amazing stuff. It's like sharing the board with a bunch of Larry Lucchino acolytes.

Just jumping in with a view from the outside, but from what I’ve seen with his negotiations with Toronto, it seems like Lewis Gross will stake out a maximalist position and just hold ground and let public opinion and team besiege. It’s a prickly process and that group has very thick skin.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Just jumping in with a view from the outside, but from what I’ve seen with his negotiations with Toronto, it seems like Lewis Gross will stake out a maximalist position and just hold ground and let public opinion and team besiege. It’s a prickly process and that group has very thick skin.
The agent works for the player not the other way around.

If Swayman tells him to get a deal done now, it will get done now.

Just because Nylander didn't doesn't mean Swayman won't.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Is he one of the best goalies in the league at this point?
You can certainly make the case.

Certainly at the moment, based on his regular season record and, especially, his performance this past postseason.

However, if the Bruins do shell out 9 or 10 million for 8 or 9 years, it reminds of the McAvoy and, to a lesser extent, Pastrnak signings.

Boston made a big bet on McAvoy based on early results and a hopeful projection of his play going forward. They have largely been rewarded for their faith in Charlie.

BTW, I fully expect McAvoy to have an excellent season riding with Zadorov.

He is not going to be targeted the way he has been in the past. Nikita's presence will take care of that.

A first-line pairing with Zadorov, who is not only menacing at 6'6" but who can also dig out pucks along the boards and transition smoothly out of the defensive zone, should allow Charlie much more time and space to do his thing in the offensive zone.

Speaking of offense, my hope and expectation is that eventually if not immediately, McAvoy will assume residence on the second power play unit, ceding the number one gig to Mason Lohrei.

Charlie is not Raymond Bourque, although I suspect given the huge contract and expectations, he has tried to be.

Quarterbacking the power play, at least on the first unit, is not McAvoy's strong suit. And it doesn't have to be. He can contribute offensively without that responsibility hanging around his neck.

Because of Don Sweeney's very good to excellent off-season acquisitions, I believe you will see a much more relaxed and therefore effective Charlie McAvoy this season. One who doesn't think he has to do everything himself.

I am really looking forward to this season, especially relative to the defensive pairings.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The agent works for the player not the other way around.

If Swayman tells him to get a deal done now, it will get done now.

Just because Nylander didn't doesn't mean Swayman won't.

You’re definitely right, agent works for the player, and Swayman could sign a team friendly any time he wants. Just doesn’t seem like he needs to concede, since Boston facing the possibility of starting the season with Korpisalo in net would seem like a big factor in Boston caving.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Swayman is much better than Gibson or Sorokin, I put him as equal to Hellebuyck. Good Bobrovsky is better and Vasilevsky has won Cups. Swayman is going to come in somewhere between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on the years.

Also - Swayman is younger than all of them and Boston will be looking to tie up his prime years. Think you're right, wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 9+ on the average cap hit now.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Certainly at the moment, based on his regular season record and, especially, his performance this past postseason.

However, if the Bruins do shell out 9 or 10 million for 8 or 9 years, it reminds of the McAvoy and, to a lesser extent, Pastrnak signings.

Boston made a big bet on McAvoy based on early results and a hopeful projection of his play going forward. They have largely been rewarded for their faith in Charlie.

He is not going to be targeted the way he has been in the past. Nikita's presence will take care of that.

A first-line pairing with Zadorov, who is not only menacing at 6'6" but who can also dig out pucks along the boards and transition smoothly out of the defensive zone, should allow Charlie much more time and space to do his thing in the offensive zone.

Speaking of offense, my hope and expectation is that eventually if not immediately, McAvoy will assume residence on the second power play unit, ceding the number one gig to Mason Lohrei.

Charlie is not Raymond Bourque, although I suspect given the huge contract and expectations, he has tried to be.

Quarterbacking the power play, at least on the first unit, is not McAvoy's strong suit. And it doesn't have to be. He can contribute offensively without that responsibility hanging around his neck.

Because of Don Sweeney's very good to excellent off-season acquisitions, I believe you will see a much more relaxed and therefore effective Charlie McAvoy this season. One who doesn't think he has to do everything himself.

I am really looking forward to this season, especially relative to the defensive pairings.

I don't think you can at this point.

Other than the 12 playoff games (6 of which he lost and one he was pulled in and another gave up 5 goals) he really hasn't done anything suggesting he is one of the best goalies in hockey.

The eye test, however, seems to indicate he could be very soon.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Was hoping to come back to some better news.

The 10m rumor seems like a total BS story to me, so I'm choosing to ignore it entirely, but I really wish there were some "Swayman and Boston finalizing details on long term deal" rumors out there.
Maybe the deals already made. Bruins are good at keeping the lid on things.

I read on nhl.com

it’s the summer time. Not enough hockey to talk about. We have to complain about something.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Maybe the deals already made. Bruins are good at keeping the lid on things.

I read on nhl.com

it’s the summer time. Not enough hockey to talk about. We have to complain about something.

Or we could enjoy the summer, reserve our effort, and not complain at all. Why people think complaining about something/anything is a necessary part of everyday life astounds me.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Is Zadarov good enough for the 1st pair ? I'm asking because I have heard many say that he is a 3rd pair D and belongs on the 3rd pair .

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

give us names ?

Who is doing that

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Swayman shouldn’t get more then Saros

Donny tell Lewis Gross to eat cake

6/62 or see you in November bitch

I agree. Greedy f*** will never win a cup. Deal him too. Korpi is elite.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I agree. Greedy f*** will never win a cup. Deal him too. Korpi is elite.
I agree on not over paying but I actually think Bussi is going to beat out Korpi and Korpi will be sent to Providence (assuming Swayman is signed).

Mind you the Bruins have a history of not believing in their prospect goalies so they might be stupid enough to waive Bussi and lose him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

Largely rewarded with McAvoy and his 13th and 18th place Norris finishes?

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad