Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Is Zadarov good enough for the 1st pair ? I'm asking because I have heard many say that he is a 3rd pair D and belongs on the 3rd pair .

Montgomery and his revamped coaching staff will run through every possible pairing and permutation.

Doubtless ad nauseam.

I don't know what the pairings will ultimately look like, yet to me, Zadorov would be extremely helpful to McAvoy, and hence the entire team, for the reasons delineated above.

That's a personal opinion, but definitely an option and pending chemistry and results, what I would like to see in the first defensive pairing.

The coaching staff can always make in-game or long-term adjustments to find the right match for each D unit.

It's going to be fun to watch how this particular storyline unfolds.

Recall too, Jay Leach is returning from Seattle to oversee the defense. I believe that is a very, very positive development.

Montgomery is not a defense first coach. This is a primary weakness.

My understanding is that the Bruins defensive scheme we have today was derived from Claude Julien's system, tweaked by Bruce Cassidy, and inherited by Montgomery.

Leach, like Sacco (also returning behind the bench) was seriously considered for the head coaching job before Sunny Jim ☀️ got the gig.

In light of this, it is worth noting that the Bruins have yet to extend Montgomery, which sends its own kind of message.

In the event, the Boston Bruins should be a tighter, better defensive team this season.

The size and truculence added to the roster should banish a nettlesom, exasperating inability to clear their own crease and transition smoothly from the defensive zone.

Parenthetically, the addition of Leach should also put a stop to those pesky, embarrassing Too Many Men On the Ice infractions.

We'll see how it all shakes out,

👉🚽🐣 👀

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Swayman s not going to give Boston a home town discount, either.

Especially after an unpleasant arbitration experience.

More to the point, why should he? He is by all counts of very strong-willed individual, highly self-confident and, up to this point anyway, demonstrably capable of delivering.

He believes he deserves to be paid commensurate with his market value, which is high.

Is that 10 million? I don't know.

But, again, I know he's not going to get ripped off by the Bruins and Don Sweeney. That is not happening.

Take it to the bank. Or another club.
You might have your finger on the pulse, left over bitterness from arbitration, that he agreed to participate in, and his agent should have and maybe he did and Sway, still not able to lose the bad taste of arbitration. I would like to make a little note, I was feeling the love from so many poster's when this contract talks started for Sway, and you hear numbers all over the map and always wonder if Sway slipped up a little how fast that love would go away. Sway signing meant so much to so many and the numbers were only concerning to small group, most others wanted him signed, now in the past week I noticed a bit of a change of the mood towards Sway, his support is dwindling. I also think many and I, am one of them that would like to see him signed, (reasonable) . I also wonder if the bitterness from last year and now this years negotiations but be adding to it.

Reactions: GordonHowe

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Reinhart is the obvious one
He didn’t take less at the time. 3x$6.5 when his career high was 25 goals. If anything, him signing to only 3 years was a stroke in his favor not the team. He certainly didn’t take less in the interest of what is apparently a bit above.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He didn’t take less at the time. 3x$6.5 when his career high was 25 goals. If anything, him signing to only 3 years was a stroke in his favor not the team. He certainly didn’t take less in the interest of what is apparently a bit above.

I’m referring to his current contract that he signed 8x8.625.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Gotta be committed to building the best possible team possible. Swayman needs to take a discount for elite depth. Help them afford Korpi, Peeke, Coyle. Deep teams win, Top heavy fail.
No he doesn't, he needs to be paid what he is worth, this isn't Harry Sinden's good will bargin basement anymore. They have plenty of bottom 6 players and bottom pair D. Talent with grit and toughness wins in the playoffs, not another bad playoff from Charlie Coyle.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Gotta be committed to building the best possible team possible. Swayman needs to take a discount for elite depth. Help them afford Korpi, Peeke, Coyle. Deep teams win, Top heavy fail.

Would you take less money at your job in order to leave more money for other talented employees to be hired to improve the business?

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'll ask again: What is the benefit to the Bruins and to Swayman in having an agreement all done, but not filing it?

If it's not filed can either party change their mind and backout? If the answer to that is "Yes", then I'd like to revisit the 1st question again: What's the benefit to having an agreement and not filing it?

I don't have the answers, I'm just bringing up an example from the past where they had a contract wrapped up but didn't announce it until weeks later. I wonder how often that happens.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad