Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I literally excluded Forsling in my post. He was the one example I used.
Not really. You mentioned him as a guy who outperformed his contract. This upcoming year is the 1st year under this contract. Unless you are thinking that it was only his playoff run that he had that somehow outperformed the contract he signed in March.

But he had great numbers all year long... we can compare those same stats w/ McAvoy using regular season stats if you like?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Not really. You mentioned him as a guy who outperformed his contract. This upcoming year is the 1st year under this contract. Unless you are thinking that it was only his playoff run that he had that somehow outperformed the contract he signed in March.

But he had great numbers all year long... we can compare those same stats w/ McAvoy using regular season stats if you like?
Again, was talking about past finalists. Maybe the Panthers repeat. But not what I was saying.

I also think Forsling and Reinhart signing below market in a no tax state where you can play golf every day having already won a Cup isn’t really the vibe the OP was talking about with players sacrificing for the greater good. But that was a bit so…

• Haha
Reactions: BBruins and Pia8988

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Best save percentage in the playoffs.

But only 6th in goals against.
Bruins system generally keep those high quality shots down. Im not saying he's a bum what Im saying is he has proven nothing to me that warrants him being one of the highest paid goalies in the league. Folks are underrating the loss of Ullmark and what he meant to Swayman's success.

Can he be the same goalie without his mentor?

I hope he comes in at 7m a season short term.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Bruins system generally keep those high quality shots down. Im not saying he's a bum what Im saying is he has proven nothing to me that warrants him being one of the highest paid goalies in the league. Folks are underrating the loss of Ullmark and what he meant to Swayman's success.

Can he be the same goalie without his mentor?

I hope he comes in at 7m a season short term.
Get used to disappointment

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ullmark at 5m > Swayman at 10m

Sweeney moves Ullmark before having Swayman signed.

Swayman Frederic 1st for B.Tkachuk. With Ullmark resigned for another 4 years at 5m/6m. Hope it works out somehow. Mr Harvard giving me late summer anxiety here. Imagine feeling confident going into the season with Korpisalo - Bussi

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
At this point fire Sweeney and trade swayman. He’s going to handcuff the team for the next eight years at this point. Goalies just aren’t worth what he’s looking for.

I can’t believe how bad Sweeney has f***ed this up. I wonder what it would take to get Ullmark back …

Reactions: Fenian24

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Well that doesn’t sound like he will be coming cheap
He won’t be cheap if they do long term imo. Could probably get a cheaper one or two year deal but I think it’s probably best to lock him in for as long as possible and pray the cap goes up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know one person who pays for his own phone plan and does his own laundry who thinks Swayman should get $10 M

He is worth around $7 M by comparables

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Those with real jobs know you don’t just give players what they want

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Swayman may say he’s over last years arbitration but you can tell there’s still something there between him and management

I don't think he wants to leave at all, but seems obvious he wants to get paid at his max value and won't be giving the team a hometown discount.

Good for him. My bet is this gets resolved by a short term contract. Something like 3/21.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't think he wants to leave at all, but seems obvious he wants to get paid at his max value and won't be giving the team a hometown discount.

Good for him. My bet is this gets resolved by a short term contract. Something like 3/21.

Ya I think he’s back too. Just holding a bit of a grudge it seems

Reactions: EverettMike

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Walking him to UFA would be classic Sweeney

Reactions: EverettMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad