Confirmed with Link: Alex Edler to Sign One-Day Contract and Retire a Canuck | Oct. 11th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Edler was an absolute monster. Can't believe we got lucky enough to replace Ohlund with a near clone.

I also loved that one stretch where he was easy money in the shootout.
Somehow this began in his rookie season. I was there for his first shootout goal, in seats I never sit in intentionally, but I was someone's guest. He swooped way away from us then came in on that bad angle.

Rick DiPietro was awesome that game. I have always had a soft spot for the Islanders, Rick especially.

It's seriously so weird to me that that was his rookie season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Somehow this began in his rookie season. I was there for his first shootout goal, in seats I never sit in intentionally, but I was someone's guest. He swooped way away from us then came in on that bad angle.

Rick DiPietro was awesome that game. I have always had a soft spot for the Islanders, Rick especially.

It's seriously so weird to me that that was his rookie season.

I was also at the game!

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I was also at the game!
I'm combining some different memories. Upon review(youtube) he didn't come in at as harsh an angle as i remember he sometimes would.

Also, I had to piss sooooooo bad by the end of this. Luckily my buddy ahead of me got a stall instead of a urinal cause I didn't even give him the chance to shut the door. 🤣

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'm combining some different memories. Upon review(youtube) he didn't come in at as harsh an angle as i remember he sometimes would.

Also, I had to piss sooooooo bad by the end of this. Luckily my buddy ahead of me got a stall instead of a urinal cause I didn't even give him the chance to shut the door. 🤣

If I remember correctly, he kind of just lazily skated to the left and let a wrister go under DiPietro.

Edit: Okay he wasn’t lazy but it was very unimpressive.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
If I remember correctly, he kind of just lazily skated to the left and let a wrister go under DiPietro.

Edit: Okay he wasn’t lazy but it was very unimpressive.

Edler getting his shootout moves from the Han Solo( The man who did the Phil Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs) playbook.

Reactions: Vector

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Igor Larionov
(11th round – 214th overall in 1985)
Patrik Sundstrom
(9th round – 175th overall in 1980)
Harold Snepsts
(4th round – 59th overall in 1974)
Jannik Hansen
(9th round – 287th overall in 2004)
Kevin Bieksa
(5th round – 151st overall in 2001)
Matt Cooke
(6th round – 144th overall in 1997)
Adrian Aucoin
(5th round – 117th overall in 1992
Petri Skriko
(8th round – 157th overall in 1981)
Gino Odjick
(5th round – 86th overall in 1990):
Fair comment. Sundstrom for sure. However, Larionov was before they were sure the Russians would ever come over, and the rest of the people on the list may have been great picks but they were not better players than Edler.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That 2004 Draft was actually really good for the Canucks. 3 core players in Schneider, Edler and Hansen and a useful NHLer in Mike Brown (who I have no memory of at all)

Mike Brown II was a 4th liner with zero talent but who skated fast and hit everything that moved and managed to last 400 NHL games providing depth physicality.

Also I somehow remember that his family owned the Harley Davidson dealership in Chicago.

He and Rypien were similar players competing for the same spot at the time and we essentially chose Rypien and moved Brown on to Anaheim.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Mike Brown II was a 4th liner with zero talent but who skated fast and hit everything that moved and managed to last 400 NHL games providing depth physicality.

Also I somehow remember that his family owned the Harley Davidson dealership in Chicago.

He and Rypien were similar players competing for the same spot at the time and we essentially chose Rypien and moved Brown on to Anaheim.
My wife thinks that I'm an obsessive Canucks fan and that I know an insane amount of trivia about the team and the NHL. No, no, no, I tell her, I'm deep in the minors compared to the Forum big leaguers—as in, not even in the ECHL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My wife thinks that I'm an obsessive Canucks fan and that I know an insane amount of trivia about the team and the NHL. No, no, no, I tell her, I'm deep in the minors compared to the Forum big leaguers—as in, not even in the ECHL.

I sometimes wonder what precious memories of deceased loved ones I've lost into nothingness in exchange for being able to name the entire roster of the 1983-84 Minnesota North Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad